It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Sits, Talks During Retreat on Pennsylvania ANG Base

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thank you for sharing your great medical insight with us ignorant peasants, Dr. Gryphon.

By the way, I have this ache in my shoulder sometimes, do I need an operation? Medication? Oh, please don't say I need an amputation! Will I live through this at all?!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Consistent with the way civilians are encouraged to honor the flag during the Anthem.

Makes perfect sense.

link   

originally posted by: ReadingOne

Thank you for sharing your great medical insight with us ignorant peasants, Dr. Gryphon.

By the way, I have this ache in my shoulder sometimes, do I need an operation? Medication? Oh, please don't say I need an amputation! Will I live through this at all?!

Perhaps the ache in your shoulder is due to the particular placement of your head in regards to your alimentary canal?

One end of it, anyway?

Better get that checked out.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yep the guy could poop out the cure for prostate cancer tomorrow and they would say he is discriminating against women by not fixing breast cancer first.

Kind of wish the left would just focus on the real problems with the guy, I did not vote for him would rather not have to defend him against the epic level of stupid thats been going on.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Yep the guy could poop out the cure for prostate cancer tomorrow and they would say he is discriminating against women by not fixing breast cancer first.

Kind of wish the left would just focus on the real problems with the guy, I did not vote for him would rather not have to defend him against the epic level of stupid thats been going on.

What's stupid about the President of the United States not showing proper respect to our troops PARTICULARLY in light of the sh#tstorm he started on Twitter?

There's nothing "stupid" about it.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Turns out even those of us in the military can't get the answer straight.

I did some digging, and it turns out there's at least an Army Regulation that pertains to hearing Retreat while indoors, and it says civilians are supposed to stand to attention.

Ar 600-25 Appendix C-3, Table C-1, Para 2 (Note 2). states " If indoors, stand at attention. Hold this position until the last note of music has been played.

Which makes all the sprinting for doorways that one usually sees just prior to Retreat sounding seem to be all for naught.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Trump should have taken a knee.

Probably would have caused massive brain trauma for the leftists.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

He was indoors, as mentioned looks like in a hanger in 17 years I have never seen anyone on the flight line or in a hanger or in an office for that matter stop what they are doing for retreat.

The reg phage posted or its equivalent is only ever enforced out doors, driving in your car, walking to the bx or smoking outside off the flight line, are some common examples.

edit on 12-10-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional word

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I worked in a join Guard reserve unit for a few years before moving to Germany, those guys have even less regard for the regs than well most crew chiefs.

The only time I ever saw them pay attention to regulations involved major exercises with inspectors coming from other bases.

Loved working with them, it was all about get the work done so we can break out the beer in the evening.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

He was indoors, as mentioned looks like in a hanger in 17 years I have never seen anyone on the flight line or in a hanger or in an office for that matter stop what they are doing for retreat.

The reg phage posted or its equivalent is only ever enforced out doors, driving in your car, walking to the bx or smoking outside off the flight line, are some common examples.

Do you have a citation that states that the rules don't apply in a hanger?

8.1.6.4. When indoors and in uniform, face the flag (or the music if the flag is not visible) and stand at attention when the national anthem (of any country) or ―To The Color‖ is played (do not place your hand over your heart). There are two exceptions. If in uniform, under arms, salute. The other rule applies to spectators in uniform at a military ceremony inside where ‗outdoor‘ rules apply (i.e. a change of command ceremony planned for outdoors but moved inside a hanger due to inclement weather). When indoors and in civilian clothes, face the flag (or the music if the flag is not visible), stand at attention when the national anthem (of any country) or ―To The Color‖ is played and place the right hand over the heart.

www.reddit.com...

edit on 12-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Spent half my life working in hangers.

Never stopped for Revelry .

No one ever has.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Trump isn’t “anyone” and if anyone needs to stand up and show respect, it’s the CiC.

Like I said though, he probably forgot what he was supposed to do.

edit on 12-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: noted

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Spent half my life working in hangers.

Never stopped for Revelry .

No one ever has.

Let the revelry continue!
img.izismile.com...
edit on 10/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

except it was not a change of command ceremony.

I already explained where my knowledge comes from you wont accept it no matter what I say, so go ahead and call me a liar and score your imaginary points.
edit on 12-10-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Which is an entirely irrelevant passage, because of

The other rule applies to spectators in uniform at a military ceremony inside where ‗outdoor‘ rules apply

Giving a speech is not a military ceremony.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I cited from
"Chapter 8 CUSTOMS AND COURTESIES
8.1.6. Saluting the Flag."

Not about a change of command ceremony.

8.1.6.2. Flags on stationary flag staffs are only saluted during Reveille, Retreat, special ceremonies, or when the flag is being raised or lowered. In these cases, when outside and in uniform, face the flag (if visible) or face the direction the music is played and stand at attention and salute on the first note of ―To The Color‖ or the national anthem (or if neither is played, when you see the flag first being raised or lowered).

8.1.6.4. When indoors and in uniform, face the flag (or the music if the flag is not visible) and stand at attention when the national anthem (of any country) or ―To The Color‖ is played (do not place your hand over your heart). There are two exceptions. If in uniform, under arms, salute. The other rule applies to spectators in uniform at a military ceremony inside where ‗outdoor‘ rules apply (i.e. a change of command ceremony planned for outdoors but moved inside a hanger due to inclement weather). When indoors and in civilian clothes, face the flag (or the music if the flag is not visible), stand at attention when the national anthem (of any country) or ―To The Color‖ is played and place the right hand over the heart.

I don't see a hanger setting being an exception, and this wasn't a change of command ceremony. PUTUS should have at least paused in respect. But, he didn't even know what the music was. He thought they were playing it for him, not because they were lowering the flag.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Trump wasn't giving a speech. He was doing an interview with Sean Hannity! You know, publicity?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I said what I saw on a daily basis for 17 years working on the flight line (which hangers are a part of), I have zero issue with him sitting through it because thousands upon tens of thousands have done the exact same thing at every single base around the world.

Once upon a time it was probably strictly enforced (maybe right after WW2) but much like the towns that still have laws against spitting on the sidewalk, never enforced.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Which, incidentally, is still not a military ceremony. You know, ceremonies? That the military does?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

But the protocol for retreat is to stand and render honors.

Where the OP falls apart is that a) that's only if you're outdoors and it looks like he's in a hangar (having not been an air winger, I don't know how that works) and b) I sincerely doubt anybody bothered to explain to him what Retreat is and what to do when it's played.

So having spent decades on active duty in the US Air Force, I can assure you a hangar is considered “indoors” and there is no action required of those within during Retreat.

1. Those outdoors in uniform turn toward the base flag, stand at attention when To the Colors is sounded, and then salute from the first note of the National Anthem to the last.

2. Those outdoors not in uniform who are active duty or retired, do the same, though they place their right hand over their heart instead of saluting.

3. Upon hearing To the Colors start, all vehicles pull to the side and all occupants sit quietly until end of National Anthem.

Sorry, OP, you lose final Jeopardy today...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join