It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Sits, Talks During Retreat on Pennsylvania ANG Base

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So urce w/ video

I can't wait for him to yell at himself on Twitter about just how disrespectful it was for him to do so. I guess he hates the troops and the flag. Oh, Sean Hannity must hate them too.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

False Equivalence, but I do not expect a lib to understand

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

LOL, another patient suffering from TDS!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Shouldn't he know being the Commander in Chief?

Secondly, damn that site has popups.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

So you don't support him?

Hater.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
4 posts and with the exception of mine 0 content.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
4 posts and with the exception of mine 0 content.

I disagree. You may nok like the other posts, but they didn't have any less content than your own. Which didn't actually have much content at all. And your last one was just whining, hahaha.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
"Retreat" is not the national anthem and he was doing an interview. How exactly is this the same thing as players kneeling during the anthem? Don't get me wrong, I support freedom of expression but this is a false equivalency.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadingOne

Keep believing that.

Football's on.

I know how this thread will pan out anyway.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

But the protocol for retreat is to stand and render honors.

Where the OP falls apart is that a) that's only if you're outdoors and it looks like he's in a hangar (having not been an air winger, I don't know how that works) and b) I sincerely doubt anybody bothered to explain to him what Retreat is and what to do when it's played.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

According to Task and Purpose, uniformed service members are required to stop what they're doing and salute the flag as its lowered during the song while civilians are required to place their hand over their heart.

www.texasgopvote.com...

So why are these presidents, as Commander in Chief (CINC) not saluting the Medal recipients? Even President Dwight David Eisenhower (a retired 5 star general) did not salute the members of the military to whom he presented the medal.

The answer is quite simple. The President of the United States is a civilian. He is not a member of the US Military and is therefore not entitled to salute. The military salute is a privilege earned by honorable service in the military. It is also a privilege that can be taken away. Military prisoners are stripped of the privilege of saluting. While the President is Constitutionally the CINC, he is not a member of the military.

You're grasping at straws here. The lowering of the flag is a process unrelated to the National Anthem and aside from respect expected to be shown by the individual in charge of physically lowering the flag (don't let it touch the ground, fold it properly, etc) there is zero expectations placed on civilians during the process.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

There is no excuse for this!

As “Retreat” is played, the Army website explains, “Once the bugle sounds, all personnel driving on the installation should stop. Service members and government civilian personnel are encouraged to turn off their vehicles, and, if safe to do so, exit to render the appropriate honors.”
Trump is by virtue of his position, the highest-ranking official in the U.S. military and is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed forces.

In 2014, a soldier hid in her car to avoid saluting the flag during the ceremony, and after posting a photo of her actions on social media, was disciplined by the military.

The late comedian Robin Williams, while performing for soldiers in Kuwait, stopped in the middle of his comedy routine to stand at attention and honor the flag during the “Retreat” ceremony.

Trump’s actions showed once again, that when it comes to truly honoring the flag and doing his duty as commander in chief, it’s all a big joke.

Ignorance is no excuse for the Commander and Chief visiting an Air force Base!

edit on 12-10-2017 by windword because: Link shareblue.com...

edit on 12-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If he was on the flight line (or in a hanger) you do not have to stop and face the music, technically you do not salute anyone either but its considered beneficial to your career to salute sq commander and full birds and above.

17 years active and reserve time USAF.

link   
Quad post what the deuce..
edit on 12-10-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

link   
Double post

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Triple post I fail

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've heard here a thousand times that standing is a matter of respect.

If the Commander in Chief doesn't show respect ... who will?

He very likely didn't understand or forgot that he was supposed to stand (I'm sure General Kelly would have reminded him) due to his failing mental condition.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Thanks for the info.

So, either way, indoors or in a hangar, he didn't need to observe Retreat.

As you put it, would it have been "considered beneficial" for him to do so? Probably, because of the optics not doing so. But let's be honest, if he had observed Retreat, "they" still would've found something to complain about it the way he did it.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Swing and a miss but thanks for playing.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Reveille and Retreat
According to AFPAM 34-1202, 14.10.1, Reveille and Retreat, the U.S. flag is flown daily from reveille until retreat. Reveille is the raising of the flag for the day's activities and is a ceremony to honor the flag when it is raised in the morning and plays at 7 a.m. Retreat is the retirement of the flag from the day's activities and plays at 4:30 p.m.

During the playing of reveille and retreat, uniformed military personnel should stand at attention and face the American flag, or the direction of the music if a flag is not visible. If reveille or retreat is followed by the national anthem or "To the Color," military personnel should salute (during the entirety of the song).

Military personnel and veterans who are present but not in uniform may salute when outdoors [during reveille and retreat] or stand at parade rest. Civilians should stand at attention and place their right hand - with a hat if they're wearing one - over their heart. All vehicles on military installations should come to a complete stop and wait until the last note of the music stops. Military members in their vehicles should sit at attention.

source

edit on 10/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join