It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvey Weinstein Has Me Thinking

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well this thread certainly is intriguing.

I had no idea there were so many Blonde Haired, blue eyed, big boobed, rich, professionals, who once, were pretty when they were young, ..... women on this site.

Phrasing an ATS idiom..........Pictures, or it didn't happen!!

Of course, being a handsome, 6' 1", blonde blueeyed, Thor of a man, single millionaire investor, I find I am constantly harassed by Blonde, blue eyed, big boobed (fake), women, who only seem to want me for my assets.

And all I want is a nice petite, brown or dark haired, A cup, skinny, nerdy girl who can cook, and can ride a pony.......

Im not asking for much am I ?

Oh, and Harvey is just doing what "Harveys" in Hollywood have done for 100+ years...not to mention earlier in Vaudeville, and Moulin Rouge, etc etc......anywhere where young pretty girls have stars in their eyes.
edit on 13-10-2017 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

You must be the twin brother Mom gave up for adoption.

I'm glad to see the Harveys finally get the heat they deserve.

edit on 13-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: silo13

I love you for posting your story.

Thank you.

You have suffered way more than I have; in fact after reading your story I almost feel foolish for posting.

Thank you for telling us. Thank you for being part of the conversation.

Oh please, never. We all live our own hell and there is no comparison. That's not what we, you and I do.

I would have added the 'man' who I worked for on his horse farm - a very prominent actor - but I didn't have the courage as you did to name your abuser(s).

AI wish I had a magic spell to make all the pain to go away for you. I do not. For me? It's a belief in God and knowing I am loved by Him more than anything this life could offer.

I don't complain - or I try not to - but I still do have residual...pains.

Someone makes a loud sound behind me - I still jump.

There are still 'smells' that when I catch them unaware? I could vomit for the memories.

Certain instances where if I can't get OUT of a room I only want to crawl inside my own skin.

People (most) have NO IDEA the scars these kinds of 'incidents' leave behind.

I hear those who say 'Oh, just get over it.'

Those are the people we should never listen to as it only demeans us.

But - We will survive you and I. We will.

And we will find happiness.

*Hugs* and prayers for you.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Ah, the victim card. Men get sexually harassed by women too. I have been sexually harassed several times myself by women. This Weinstein guy, does not represent all men. He is a specific, particular breed of bad male behavior, just as Hillary is to women.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Things have certainly changed. Women used to have it worse, but these days it happens to everyone in every walk of life.

About a week ago, or two there was a story, I think from the New York times, which stated that over 110 million Americans have STDS. That's a large percentage of the population in the U.S., and it goes to show how things are these days with "the sexual awakening" or whatever it was/is called".

Thankfully I am not part of that large percentage of the population. However, you have to be really careful these days. There are people out there with all sorts of "sexual deviations". One in particular that I knew just made my jaw drop when she told me some of the things she wanted to do, and you wouldn't think she was like that if you saw her. For months we knew each other and never did I imagine she had such a dark sexual deviation. Which i won't post.

And as for "getting back at you" when you break it off with some women, and not because you are some jerk, it also happens.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
baby, it's cold outside...

That right there, it's a total Christmas rape song. She even says "Say what's in this drink?" It's Cosby rape in that drink.

First it was man clubbing women and dragging back to caves. And then somehow women changed that and said, no, you can't club me anymore. Cave women probably hurt and even killed a lot of men to change that dynamic.

Fast forward to 50 years ago... men are drugging women....

We're getting there. You just need to keep kicking our *sses.

Aww, I was just thinking... there was probably a nice thoughtful caveman back in the day that cared about women and would never club a girl. And then one day he met a nice cave girl... and he said, I feel like I'm not much of a cave man because I know you probably want me to club you and drag you... and she said no, I don't like those cavemen. I like you just the way you are. And he felt so happy. And they had many cave babies together. Who were all brought up to be nice thoughtful cavemen. The End.

edit on 13-10-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

And thats all you're husband did? Not laugh? If anybody, no matter how "close" from the family, or stranger did that to my wife..there would be dire consequences. I don't get how your husband could have kept quite?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: misnomer68
I've had my share of being hit-on, never been sexually harrassed that I can recall. Not sure it really has any bearing on my attitude, but as a teenage girl, my posse was all guys, and I learned not to take any sh*t from anyone, and had the confidence (and still do) to call people out on their behaviour. I am a lot more tactful than I used to be, since I'm a mom, and I have to be respectful and set a good example. I may seem like a bitch, but trust me, I am actually pretty nice.

It really doesn't have anything to do with attitude. I was an athlete, rolled with the guys, and (as I wrote earlier) punched the second man who unexpectedly assaulted me (the slob was standing behindme in a concert and decided to take a grab) right in the face. The first time I was assaulted was by an old man with dementia (no lie) when I was 15. That was the only time I didn't raise a scene and I was stunned by it, didn't do anything but quit my job. And learn.

Just wanted to clear that up.

edit on 14-10-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Here’s what I think is amazing and inspiring about this new female empowerment women’s movement that I see happening... I’m just a guy on the outside looking in— but I see this powerful movement shaking the pillars of huge industry giants. And it’s transcending politics. Women speaking out and backing each other in shared experiences.

What I love seeing is the blurring of political sides and even politics having no role at all in it and a kind of huge supportive unity.

I don’t know if I’m saying that right but this world needs unity right now more than ever before. Unity across dividing lines. And it seems on some level women are finding that unity.

And my hope is that somehow if it persists, that the messages of respect and decency and standing up against what’s wrong and standing up for what’s right and how we treat each other can spread even further in whatever small personal ways to help bring divided people together.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Great thread, people need to talk more about these issues, its been going on for way too long, stay safe people theres predators everywhere.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

There have always been Harvey Guys and there always will be. Sad really but it will never change. Political correctness will never change it , at best the creepozoids will simply lay back a bit more or change tactics , and that might even be worse.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I'm sorry, I went silent for a few days. I had my core rocked.
I was telling my husband about all the conversations that we are having and what an exciting time it is.

We talked about his 25 year old daughter and the opportunities she has. (She just opened her own insurance agency in Charlotte)

And then from outta nowhere he throws in some crude joke about leaving the boys getting extra credit from their hot teachers alone. Um, what? That's disgusting. I didn't know what to say.

That is when I realized even though we were talking about it he still does not understand. Even as he tells me he is excited, he still has no idea what a woman goes through.

But as I tried to stop him and explain that shockingly he was part of the problem. He got mad at me and stormed off. He is still upset with me and says that I'm trying to turn this into a huge drama thing. I'm still not sure how things turned so quickly. But I'm wondering if he doesn't actually believe me and is upset to realize that yes even ignoring the problem is part of the problem.
edit on 10/14/2017 by Martin75 because: Damn spell check...like I don't know what I want to say and need any assistance. Hmpft

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
And you masons really have a solution. You don't even let em in the place!

Of course not, they are sent by the Devil to tempt us.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
You are recognizing the effects that a societal norm has on the psyche. Your husband is not alone, and it is not a man thing. When I see victims that refuse to report because they feel it is their fault. They should never have gone out with the guy. The shouldn't have had so much to drink. Maybe if she had not worn that dress. I can't report because he is respected man in the town, and no one will believe me.

The media tells you that you are worthless if you are not desired. So women go out of their way and spend a ridiculous amount of money trying to look and act like the femme fatales they present as their competition. The results are further objectification, and the perpetuation of the problem.

It doesn't stop with sexuality. If you look deeply at any core belief you have, and are honest, you will see that you think strongly about a particular idea because it has been seeded in your mind and reinforced by what the media wants you to believe.

Sometimes it is hard to push back the programming, and to critically look at what is happening, and to see what your part is in the grand scheme.

I just watched a short video about racism done back in the 1940s. The only ting different about then and today, was the quality of the film, and the way the people were dressed. It is not that people are bad. It is that people are complacent. If it doesn't affect me, then it is not my concern.

Unfortunately, when you have no concern for others, it is just a matter of time before those concerns are on your doorstep, and we all know the rest of the story.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

I'm sorry, I went silent for a few days. I had my core rocked.
I was telling my husband about all the conversations that we are having and what an exciting time it is.

We talked about his 25 year old daughter and the opportunities she has. (She just opened her own insurance agency in Charlotte)

And then from outta nowhere he throws in some crude joke about leaving the boys getting extra credit from their hot teachers alone. Um, what? That's disgusting. I didn't know what to say.

That is when I realized even though we were talking about it he still does not understand. Even as he tells me he is excited, he still has no idea what a woman goes through.

But as I tried to stop him and explain that shockingly he was part of the problem. He got mad at me and stormed off. He is still upset with me and says that I'm trying to turn this into a huge drama thing. I'm still not sure how things turned so quickly. But I'm wondering if he doesn't actually believe me and is upset to realize that yes even ignoring the problem is part of the problem.

You know? I like to think of myself as pretty open minded and decent and this thread has made me realise I know bugger all really. Some of the things I have read I have done...wolf whistles etc not drugging and raping, obviously Not trying to pressure someone into a date or anything, but jeez, it makes me sad to see how utterly crap it all is.
At least for the last 20 years I have been with a woman who likes all my cr@p and thus I don't have to inflict my self on others

It really is tough to know how to deal with being on the side of the devils here so maybe cut your guy some slack for falling back a step. Most of us are tryers.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
I think that sometimes people in their zeal have a tendency to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Assault is deliberate, with the intent to harm, control, or to instill fear.

Playful flirtation may be rejected but that doesn't make it assault.

Humans are social and sexually beings. Courting is a part of the process. As with any other human interaction, it is how you treat a person that makes the difference between respect and assault.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

That made me feel a bit better Thanks

It was like that moment when you wake up after waaay too much to drink and your mates tell you what you did last night with the traffic cone and that dwarf....y'know?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yep, memories for me....Way back in the day something like this happened to me. (Yes way back, I was a young, very large chested blond - not super pretty but something about having a curvy figure makes you a mark ) I had a great job, recently promoted. Then an "incident" happened - ignored it and just dealt with the uncomfortable environment - until another woman was harassed. She happened to be the daughter of one of the higher ups so all hell broke lose.

So there was an actual outside investigation and they started interviewing people. What they did to shut me up was totally illegal and didn't work. I wasn't believed and they were never prosecuted and I left without any lawsuit. It totally changed me as a person.

I lived in fear because one of the bosses of the people involved was then promoted to a very high position in government (one of the highest) and most people thought he was going to run for President. I never actually felt safe until that person was eventually kicked out of office.

edit on October 14th 2017 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

edit on October 14th 2017 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yeah, I so do know what you mean.

Part of our growing problem is the dwindling of social and people skills in our new world of social media.

Unfortunately, social media is very desocializing.

In a virtual world you can always be king. It affords you the pleasure of a fantasy world of your own making. There is no need to be concerned about anyone but yourself, for in your world there is need for real concern of someone else. It is just about likes, stars, and flags.

People that live in their virtual world have no clue on how to relate socially to people in real life, therefore there is an increase in tension, awkwardness, and conflict when dealing with each other.

We really do have to do something to fix this. When I think of our future, Issac Asimov and Lt. Broccoli/Barclay from Star Trek, comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2

There have always been Harvey Guys and there always will be. Sad really but it will never change. Political correctness will never change it , at best the creepozoids will simply lay back a bit more or change tactics , and that might even be worse.

okay? but this thread isn't about political correctness. it's about people speaking up about being assaulted, abused, and harassed, and people reading those stories and realizing, yes this does still happen a lot, and making it safer to come forward and hold those creeps responsible.

not sure what you're advocating, really. resignation to the system?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join