It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvey Weinstein Has Me Thinking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: MRuss

It's only harassment if the advances are unwelcome. It's the quandary of the single man. How do you know it will not be welcome until you try? This of course doesn't go for people in positions of power. For a boss to hit on an employee is harassment. I also think that it must work at least some times otherwise these clowns would develop a different strategy.

The line is crossed when you put your hands on her, or if your demands force her to bend to your will because you hold her livelihood over her head.

Those are just two ways that it goes beyond harassment.

edit on 12-10-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

It's only harassment if the advances are unwelcome. It's the quandary of the single man. How do you know it will not be welcome until you try? This of course doesn't go for people in positions of power.

Does she reciprocate? That's how you will know.

eta: My response is addressing a social situation, like a date. In another environment, such as work, it shouldn't happen period.
edit on 10/12/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Harvey Weinstein is the tip of an extremely disgusting iceberg.

I was brought into the world of male modeling at the age of 9 and worked extensively through my late 20’s.

Growing up surrounded by these Sick people, it almost becomes a part of the normal unil you’re far removed from it. The preverted nature of the entire entertainment/fashion/ talent industry is atrocious. Not only is it kept hush-hush within the industry, but if you dare speak out you’re shunned for good and when you have college tuition, rent to pay and need to eat, you think twice. I was propositioned by adults both men and women to partake in some extremely immoral behavior when I was as young as 11.

Stay strong and know you’re not alone.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Harvey's are f#cking everywhere. My better half lived with one for about 5 years. I will spare you the details. Sadly, every woman I've ever been with(bar one) has told me about a Harvey.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I love this discussion and some of the really honest or astute replies.

Most women I know have a Harvey story.

And even a male model that just posted has them.

It's time for society to deal with the Harvey's of the world.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I am an Adult Survivor of Childhood Sexual Abuse. Stepfather and stepbrother.

I was thrown out of my house at 14 because of an 'affair' with the pastor of our church. He was 43. It was 'my fault'... (BS!)

After that? I was petite, auburn haired with big brown eyes. I was (am) a wicked tomboy and loved everything to do with guns, hunting, fishing, farming, etc, which for some reason was rather 'alluring' to men.

I also was accosted (?) by policemen, firemen (who I worked with), a 'boss', the town licencing director, a janitor at school, etc.

I used to keep this quiet. I used to shut up. I used to think it was 'my fault'.

Yet in all but one case it was not my fault.

So I wonder if it was the 'times' we 'grew up' in - where women had no bearing, no voice.

I'm also a conservative and I have no foot in the feminist camp...

I guess I'm just saying it isn't only you - there are a lot of us - sadly.

But what to do about it now?

We grow up and go on...

I still think about suing my stepbrother but wold money really ever right these wrongs?

I just don't know.

So - hang in there and let me share something with you that reaches right down into my soul.

— 'She's mad, but she's magic. There's no lie in her fire.' --- Charles Bukowski

peace
edit on 0950Thursday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I love this discussion and some of the really honest or astute replies.

Most women I know have a Harvey story.

And even a male model that just posted has them.

It's time for society to deal with the Harvey's of the world.

Yes to all your comments. It's important. I'm glad you brought it forth for discussion. Maybe it will open some eyes.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

God gave men testicles for when they became absolute assholes.

So you could kick them there.

The problem is bigger than this, as a species we have moved on from just being born, eating, reproducing and dying. The reproducing part has turned into rape when you must consider that it was normal for probably 1 millions years of our evolution to actually rape to reproduce. Some men's minds are still wired for this and I don't have the answer except perhaps there is some use for those robot sex dolls after all.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I admire your open honesty.

This is, unfortunately, extremely common, and remains as an elephant in our societal room. Some of the comments here have reinforced that.

Thank you for sharing your stories.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Just makes me wonder.

If a 6"3 hulked up mean lookin' muther#er like Terry Crews can get sexually assaulted and forced to take it with a smile and keep his mouth shut... who knows how deep this # goes.

edit on 12-10-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Just makes me wonder. If a 6"3 hulked up mean lookin' muther#er like Terry Crews can get sexually assaulted and forced to take it with a smile and keep his mouth shut... who knows how deep this # goes in Hollywood.

I still don't see how people are so shocked to discover this happening. Because it's not just Hollywood. It's in your own hometown. In your own home. If anything, our entertainment industry has worked to maintain the illusion that this stuff doesn't happen and certainly not in your "real life." They built the bubble.

"Hell is full of dads." -- George Carlin
edit on 12-10-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Just makes me wonder.

If a 6"3 hulked up mean lookin' muther#er like Terry Crews can get sexually assaulted and forced to take it with a smile and keep his mouth shut... who knows how deep this # goes.

Their power doesn't come from their size. Their power over you is your livelihood. They make or break your career and you often don't have a second route.
edit on 10/12/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
When I was in the Navy, I was in a berthing of 200 men. I would lay there in my thin tin casket listening to the discussions of these men I worked with. More the half were married. How they would speak about woman. Like pieces of meat. something to be used and thrown out when done. I would lay there in bewilderment. Shocked at the very words these "men" used to treat woman. I was also bewildered that these men had woman in their lives. How could these creatures of perversion have the personality to have a woman. Not just a woman. A wife. She's to be treated like a queen even behind her back.

I have tripped for a girl at work. She did stick her leg out. Wouldn't of pay much attention to her unless she acted first. I have no game. I keep to myself. She asked me out to drinks and dancing. I was a gentlemen and got a little groovy after some beers. I was completely out of my atmosphere. Had fun. I took her home gave a hug and walked back to my car only to have to go to work the next morning...After that she started treating me weird. It was weird. She turned our relationship from friends to work colleges. Her work ethic is terrible and she's pissing me off with it. Since that night I've felt like I'm in a terrarium. Judgmental eyes looking at me. Preconceived notions. I wish I knew what I did and how I did it. I could just be paranoid but when you see her talking to people and all three are looking at you until you lock eyes with them...it says more then words can possibly describe.

It happens to us guys to. Maybe not as much as woman. I cant count the amount of times woman call me hunnie, sweetie. those are okay. but sweetheart, baby...those are not okay. not to strangers. Most if not all men don't think much of it but it probably doesn't help how they will treat the next woman. Like a big domino effect.

Respect those around you so they will respect others around them.

I am glad that you stayed a decent person. Most are not as strong as you. I hope your words can carry weight to those who are blind to it. It happens to us all and to not let it change us is all we can truly do while also not repeating the same behavior towards others. May your dreams come true and happiness finds you.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

We have brains.

Brains are superior to biological urges.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I believe even men have a Harvey story.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

If you read the allegations it went far beyond harassment, he is also alleged to have forced himself upon women and at least two have said he raped them.

Scumbag needs to go to jail.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You Better Not Think to Hard , He has Stinky Fingers , that's All you Need to Know.........

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sometimes I really wonder do woman realize the lustful nature of men.

Do they realize the affect they have on a man?

A good friend claims they do

In this society they’ve made beautiful woman idols. Use them as props, look as ESPN, who deliberately hires beautiful woman as hosts, and all over the mass media are beauty images usually to sell something.

NEVER is a slimy pig like this guy or anybody justified to put their hands on a woman or harass them.

But the society encourages too much sexual excitement

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yeah.. i dunno
Anthony Weiner
Harvey Weinstein

Them 'ein' 's in the news
strikes me as a bit suspect

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Sometimes I really wonder do woman realize the lustful nature of men.

They're WOMEN, hello?

Mcfly?

edit on 12-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join