It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Respect Your Prey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

A fisherman almost died after a Dover Sole he had caught jumped down his throat.

Paramedics used forceps to grab hold the fish's tail . . . They made five attempts to pull the fish free . . . barb and gills . . . were stuck in the angler's throat. They finally yanked it free on the sixth go but by that time the casualty had stopped breathing for three minutes.

Paramedic Matt Harrison said that when they questioned the man's friends they explained he had been joking around with the catch and put it over his mouth.

Respect your prey. If you don't it might kill you. Even if it's only six inches long.

I had a problem with a mouse once. I wasn't even hunting it, I was just clearing some space. I'll swear it had been trained by Bruce Lee, it was fearless, and it had some fancy moves.

Respect your prey. It gives its life that you and yours may eat.

edit on 12 10 2017 by Kester because: bold

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
We pulled plenty of green terrors out of a pricey catfish's mouth we once owned...... As funny and scary as it looked, I never imagined a human facing this predicament...... What..... The.......

You're darn right. Respect your prey.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

There's a reason why some Native American tribes honored their prey by performing some sort of ritual after killing it.
edit on 10/12/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Paramedics used forceps to grab hold the fish's tail . . . They made five attempts to pull the fish free . . . barb and gills . . . were stuck in the angler's throat.

Thats the fishes defense mechanism, stops another fish from swallowing it. The fish probably saw it was about to be eaten by a human and went all "Wolverine !!" .

Derp. First lesson learnt about those kind of fish, catfish have nasty spines too.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

This vid is too funny, the sound this guy makes...

I bet he thought this is it, gonna die!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

doubledangy
edit on 12-10-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
We have a Belgian Malinois that almost choked on a soccer ball.

We freaked out, we really thought he may choke to death...

That poor soccer ball never had a chance... he popped it just a few seconds, and spent the rest of the day ripping the remains to shreds...

That soccer ball received zero respect.

Countless toys have become his prey... none have survived... zero respect...

edit on 12-10-2017 by madmac5150 because: My Belgian STRONGLY suggested a revision...

top topics

join