It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the $80k pickup

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Actual Texans prefer air conditioned seats....like my wife’s lexus...
It’s like sitting on an air hockey table...

-Chris
edit on 12-10-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm looking to get an old square body.

You know, a real truck.

Paid for

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'll keep my 87 chevy pickup. It cost me eight hundred bucks about two years ago and has thirty three thousand miles on it. It will run for many years.

I'd love to own a Chevy C10 pickup, like there body lines, their rare as hens teeth down under. You will only buy one here in Aus. if you can find one, running for 11,000-14,000. Nice ones all done up are 14,000-50,000 Australian Dollars.

I drive a 2000 TJ Wrangler, simple, tuff and will go anywhere. But dream of one day owning an old pickup truck.
edit on 12-10-2017 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop
a reply to: Bluntone22
Turns out they were really just a little less say $295 instead of the $350 (for example only, I don't have actual facts on hand here). The kicker was that they started a shift toward a 6-month policy, which ultimately came up to be more than a single 1yr had been and the rates have steadily increased each year. I pay about $2k /year in insurance here in WA state on a premium for a couple of cars.

If that's the total you're paying for multiple cars, it's a bargain compared to here in MI. The bare-bones state minimum policy on my husband's car he purchased over the summer runs around $1800 a year. For ONE 9 year old car. That's below state average of about $2500, though. If you've got 2 or 3 cars insured for 2 grand, you'd have a hell of a time affording it here.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Thats absurd. And its a ford.

edit on 10 13 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

Just wait to check the increase in car insurance prices after the companies get through adjusting their rates do to the heavy losses in Houston and elsewhere. Houston, alone, lost a million vehicles.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

And then park to take up 4 spots in the lot ... on purpose!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Am I the only one going backwards for vehicle age...

Nope.

I like a vehicle that has very few buttons on the steering wheel. I don't know why we need 24 steering wheel controls. Kinda silly if you ask me...just put a cruise control on it...3 buttons is all you need.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Lol, Ford makes the best selling truck in the world, since forever.

Haters gonna hate!

Traded in my 2013 Mustang GT (at a small loss) to get into a brand new 2016 F150 Ecoboost 302a.

It is a bit expensive to drive, but once you've driven a pickup you quickly realize what all the hubbub is about. They're just really nice to drive.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter
I am a woman and I bought my first truck when I was in my late 30s. I was, and still am a do-it-yourselfer and gardener. The reason for me buying the truck back then was because I got sick and tired of having to bug my only friend that had a truck to lug or haul stuff for me. He was good about it but I knew sometimes it was a tight fit for his schedule. So I bought it so I didn't have to continue to be a nuisance. I have never looked back.

There is a big downfall to being a female with a truck. All your female friends call you to lug and haul stuff for them so they don't have be a nuisance to their male friends that have trucks. Plus side is that it was a conversation breaker when I wanted to get the attention of that guy over there.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I am a woman and I bought my first truck when I was in my late 30s. I was, and still am a do-it-yourselfer and gardener. The reason for me buying the truck back then was because I got sick and tired of having to bug my only friend that had a truck to lug or haul stuff for me. He was good about it but I knew sometimes it was a tight fit for his schedule. So I bought it so I didn't have to continue to be a nuisance. I have never looked back.

There is a big downfall to being a female with a truck. All your female friends call you to lug and haul stuff for them so they don't have be a nuisance to their male friends that have trucks. Plus side is that it was a conversation breaker when I wanted to get the attention of that guy over there.

Guys like girls who drive trucks. Nothing wrong with having a little country in ya!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The more I look at this truck, the more it looks like just a waste of money for a little bling. It's the buyer's money to waste, but buying a good used one at even a quarter of the sticker price is still far wiser, IMO.

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Guys like girls who drive trucks. Nothing wrong with having a little country in ya!

Heh, my husband has said for years the appeal of women with trucks has everything to do with being smart enough to think beyond "Ohh, shiny!" and consider how you're going to use your vehicle with your interests in mind, and nothing to do with being "butch" or "country" when women buy trucks. I can't say I disagree, trucks just make sense if you're a DIYer, gardener, etc. Having larger cargo to move is not exclusively "country"
edit on 10/13/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
And so much easier to get things in and out. Saved time, saved effort, saved my back. I called her my Girl truck.

My friends and mechanic even started calling my truck the Girlie truck. It had a cab and my little ones loved riding in it. Even on long trips. I folded up the seats threw in a blow up mattress and with blankets and covers and the kids felt like they were mobile camping.

When my friends saw me driving my borther's car a couple of weeks ago, they commented on how strange it looked to see me getting in and out of a car. It felt strange to me too. Used to having to pull and jump up to get in a vehicle. It takes some getting used to, being that close to the ground.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Have a 2015 F150 XLT 4x4 I got out the door for 32 after was all said and done... wife and I was driving buy earlier this year and they had a 17 Raptor that we just could not get over, Wife said pull in if not too bad we are trading.. she got out (truck was on her side) I didn't even get around the truck and she was get your tail back in the truck, we are out of here... stickered at 76k, surprisingly it was gone quick within a day or so from us seeing it.... I read that the Raptor did way better than Ford anticipated and way better than the lightning. I don't see how, even when they first arrived they where over 50k.. cool trucks but man, I wouldn't buy one.. couldn't afford to buy the truck and drive as intended

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: swimmer15

OIlfield workers snatch up Raptors as fast as they hit the lot. If you aren't rolling coal, its because you drive a Raptor (usually).

They are pretty sweet. When i bought my F150 i was looking at a Raptor. It had 80k miles on it, and they were asking 12k. The one i got had 20k miles and they were asking 15k. The decision was made based on my pragmatism. Otherwise, i'd have a broken down and worn out Raptor right now.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My nephew works on the pipelines and a lot of those guys have 1/2 ton+ diesels, Makes sense the Raptor and the heavy duty trucks (because their ruggedness) would be popular for anyone who works in the elements, they have excellent off road capabilities get in and out of job sites via country, service roads and fields. The F250 taken care of (even the 6.0 if not modded minus the oil cooler/get delete and studs lol) drivetrains tend to go through multiple bodies, extremely well built.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
While the idea of a pickup is appealing, I haven't had the need to buy one--that's likely to change once I'm relocated to rural Tennessee. I bought, nearly new, a 2006 scion--it had 680 miles on it--it's got well over 120,000 now. It's been ultra dependable. Battery, and brakes, are the only thing I've had done to it, other than fluid changes.

If the pickup I buy is half as dependable, I'll be a very satisfied DIY'er/small farmer.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

So is it the lower mileage that they hold their value better than the others?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
LOL funny I use to love the old Found On Road Dead jokes ( ford ) Fixed OR repaired Daily .
F@@@ over rebuilt Dodge lol
Thing is thous days are over ford once again is making the best stuff on the road .
keeps getting the best 5 every year for a wile now .

Sorry to say GMC is now owned by china and GMC is what goes into Chevy .

Anyway My sons insurance is under 1000 a year and he is 23 but has 2.5 kids that helps .
I would say that is on par with the money he makes and the 340 i payed a year 10 years agaio .
and gas isnt to bad .
heck he can go any time any place he wants without a thought to gas cost again on par with what I payed 15 years agaio .

But new car and truck prices LOLOL big bubbles lol
wont last long volume matters more then selling a few at 80 k each .
Company can sell them for 80 k to 100,000 people or 30 k to 100 million people .
Math is simple really .

This year tehy are squising rich folk

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'll keep my 87 chevy pickup. It cost me eight hundred bucks about two years ago and has thirty three thousand miles on it. It will run for many years.

I'd love to own a Chevy C10 pickup, like there body lines, their rare as hens teeth down under. You will only buy one here in Aus. if you can find one, running for 11,000-14,000. Nice ones all done up are 14,000-50,000 Australian Dollars.

I drive a 2000 TJ Wrangler, simple, tuff and will go anywhere. But dream of one day owning an old pickup truck.

Mine is the 87 V10, it is a four wheel drive with a 350 ci engine

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join