It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the $80k pickup

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I thought the idea was to get cars that uses less fuel not more.. ?

Or do the Americans just want earth to suffer

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That's outrageous to pay that much!!! I have Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn. It includes every option you can add to it with a few surprises. Yes it includes a huge gas bill since it gets 11 miles to a gallon, $1200 tire replacement every 2 years, and the good option of, I don't even use half the options that were installed. Oh and the best part is, the payment is equal to selling my kidney and left arm on the black market........ That $80000 truck is only good for people who pay cash for it and use it as a part time toy. I'd rather have a $80,000 Mustang...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My 16 GMC was about $60k but will be the last one I buy probably. Gets washed a few times a week at a great car wash that has a monthly rate.

link   
Double post

edit on 12-10-2017 by mikell because: (no reason given)

link   
Triple post

link   
Quad Post

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Is 4 post a record??

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
I have to laugh, but you are right.

A couple of years ago I went to visit a friend that lived in a gated community. When I pulled up to the gate, the guard walked up to my window and asked, "How are things out in _ville?" I was shocked. I asked him how did he know that I lived in _ville? He said, "I grew up there and would recognize that dirt anywhere."

I cracked up but he is right. Folks that live in areas where trucks go with the terrain, would never spend that kind of money for a truck.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I just purchased a two tone Ford, F-250 Super Duty, 4X4, it's got most of the bells and whistles for 55k. I needed a new truck for a tax break, so I figured, I mite as well get something to pull my Bobcat trailer with. 18.2 mpg with out a trailer, so not to bad for a large pickup. The Super Duty will tow over 12,000 lbs, so maby I'll haul a Dodge and tow a Chevy.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow. I thought pickups were supposed to be blue collar vehicles.
That's RangeRover money you are getting into there.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I thought the idea was to get cars that uses less fuel not more.. ?

Or do the Americans just want earth to suffer

As soon as our government is serious enough about it to do something about the terribly atrocious envrionmental record of its military and official travel, Ill consider worrying about it.

I mean honestly....if I need to stop consuming fuel, then why are we still using fuel? Or is it that I need to pay additional taxes for the 'carbon footprint'? No way there could be money involved, right?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
People also are forgetting just how much modern tech goes in to them these days.

Parking sensors,trailer backup, camera systems,parking assist.

'Smart' trucks more or less.

Which is still relatively new tech.

and from what i understand is very hack-able.

hackers remotely kill a jeep while driving on highway

As the two hackers remotely toyed with the air-conditioning, radio, and windshield wipers, I mentally congratulated myself on my courage under pressure. That's when they cut the transmission.

give me an old fashioned pickup, some leather gloves, and some yard stuff to haul away...

take pleasure in the simple things in life.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab
Yeah, and I wonder how pretty that vehicle would be after taking a few trips in and out that cow pasture we call a road.

Especially during rainy season.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Not even close.

Sorry.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: subfab
Yeah, and I wonder how pretty that vehicle would be after taking a few trips in and out that cow pasture we call a road.

Especially during rainy season.

i know what you mean.
i used to live out in the country. my pickup was used to haul burn barrels to the dump. i'd haul wood home, i helped friends move large furniture in it. it wasn't a pretty truck. it was a beat to *snip* work truck. but to each his own i guess. if someone wants to spend $80k on a show truck.... more power to them.

many many years ago a friend of mine owned a 4x4 chevy luv. it wasn't "lifted" or fancy but was one heck of a hunting truck. that thing took my friend and his hounds everywhere.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My 85 year old mother in law owns a 90 something GEO Prizm. Gets great gas mileage and has 36000 miles on it. That is the get you back and forth to work and beater car all rolled into one.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: Bluntone22
Farmer wannabe fashionistas. You should SEE how many of them are driven around DC, especially the ones with dual wheels on the back end... cuz, you know.... they're gonna haul lotsa heavy equipment in that purdy truck....

In the UK (especially central London), we call them Chelsea Tractors, because mothers prefer a large vehicle that they don't have to contort themselves to get into. If you've seen what some cars are like - big flappy doors like wings with seats packed together, you practically have to limbo dance to get into the back seats.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

Farmer wannabe fashionistas. You should SEE how many of them are driven around DC, especially the ones with dual wheels on the back end... cuz, you know.... they're gonna haul lotsa heavy equipment in that purdy truck....

In the UK (especially central London), we call them Chelsea Tractors, because mothers prefer a large vehicle that they don't have to contort themselves to get into. If you've seen what some cars are like - big flappy doors like wings with seats packed together, you practically have to limbo dance to get into the back seats.

Not to mention the potholes and somewhere to stash a buggy and a ton of shopping

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

As an american with lots of experience in UK cars (Vauxhaul, Opal, Renault, Ford KA's, etc....) I am quite familiar with it.

Honestly, even getting in on "the wrong side" (from a cultural standpoint) is physically awkward and uncomfortable.

I'm fine once I'm driving down the motorway from Glasgow to Cumbria... but for about fifteen minutes, it is highly uncomfortable....

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'll keep my 87 chevy pickup. It cost me eight hundred bucks about two years ago and has thirty three thousand miles on it. It will run for many years.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join