It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the $80k pickup

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
I drive a 1994 f150 xl.....cost when I bought it 15 years ago, $2,800.....298 thousand + miles and it works just fine for me.....Dorito's Taco...at that cost it should come with it's own Taco Bell. Oh almost forgot....the wife has went thru 2 Nissan Pathfinders in the 15 years I've had the F150....just saying .

My F150 is a 2003. I got it in 2010. Paid $15k cash for it, it had just under 20k miles on it (I knew the former owner, too...although I bought it from a lot).

Today it has almost 90k miles on it. Best vehicle I've ever bought.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
People also are forgetting just how much modern tech goes in to them these days.

Parking sensors,trailer backup, camera systems,parking assist.

'Smart' trucks more or less.

Which is still relatively new tech.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm clueless about trucks too. Luckily we have 2 that were handed down to us, one a lifted '87 Yoda and one a regular '03 f150. I wanted a truck a few years ago when we only had my tiny econo-mom car, and when I saw prices for new trucks were hitting 60-75k I threw my head back in laughter and discarded any dreams or fantasies I ever had of owning a truck.

It's really pricey for some of us. For others not so much. If we had already owned our own home I may have considered it, but it wasn't a reasonable purchase for us, and still isn't at 80k...!

-Alee
edit on 10/12/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

My Colorado has 350k on it. Only thing I have replaced is tires, fluids, belts, fuel pump, All of which I have done on my own.
Although, it is starting to show age, a bit of rust here and there but it's an 07, what would you expect.

But to comment on the OP, some of the GMC Sierra's run into the 80k region, and any Dual rear tire truck will run well into the 90k region with enough features.
I remember riding in a brand new toe truck once, was a Dodge, had everything you'd find in an Escalade plus more.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That may be true....but in the end, that 30% tariff sure gives them plenty of cushion for the gouging.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Color anyone who would shell out that kind of money for a Ford, clueless!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If I had it.

I'd spend it.

This truck is Bad ARSE!!!

This thing looks like a truck is suppose to.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Hope they make them in Mexico.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Here is a better video of the front end, and fender flaring.

I just love the styling.

Severe lust for this truck.

Altho It could do without the decals,and carbon fiber.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Man. Trucks and cars these days just aren't appealing to me (or my wallet)

Gimme something solid. My 91 crown vic station wagon is a beast. Love that thing only 150k.

Granted. She needs a tune up and half the windows need new motors. And my kid broke out the back window (good luck finding a replacement) but i would STILL take it over some of the new cars. It has character.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
Man. Trucks and cars these days just aren't appealing to me (or my wallet)

Gimme something solid. My 91 crown vic station wagon is a beast. Love that thing only 150k.

Granted. She needs a tune up and half the windows need new motors. And my kid broke out the back window (good luck finding a replacement) but i would STILL take it over some of the new cars. It has character.

I love this post.

One of my favorite cars was a 72 malibu i got for $400 from an older disabled woman. She had used it to drive to bingo, and when I bought it in 1994 it only had 10k miles on it. Ran like a scalded dog, too. But the inside was a bit torn up, as her disability made her rather hefty and affected mobility. And the paint was completely shot after 20 years baking in the west texas sun.

But it was a great, great car. Sold it when I got married for $2500, 2 years and 10k more miles later.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I have replaced the starter twice, the computer once, other than that it use's no oil, no oil leaks. Bought mine from a preacher I did some work for, it was fleet white when I bought, it's hell red now. Paper work in glove box let me know it was a maintenance truck for our cities low income housing projects......About two months after I bought it , before I had it painted red, I actually meet the worker who drove my truck. I was shocked, but he walked up and asked me a couple questions about it and low and behold he drove it for 4 years. Man I bought it from got it at an auto auction for city vehicles. He also sold it to me for more than he paid for it....did I mention he was a preacher! Will keep this old truck till I die, then wife can do what she wants with it.......$14 inspection fee. I love it.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Only car I've ever wanted back was my first car bought with my sweat, a 1975 Buick Regal...big ole car. I also owned a 79 Buick Regal and a 82 Buick Regal. For awhile I was Buick loyal.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Hope they make them in Mexico.

Canada I think

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The Zombie Apocalypse option package!! Nice.

I've never understood not using a pickup as God intended... To haul stuff. Hay. Trash to the dump. etc...

My brother in laws truck, as an example, has no more paint in the bed, scratches everywhere on the body...it's a workin' truck. Ford F-150.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

Farmer wannabe fashionistas. You should SEE how many of them are driven around DC, especially the ones with dual wheels on the back end... cuz, you know.... they're gonna haul lotsa heavy equipment in that purdy truck....

Easy now, those hi-falooting guys in DC driving them pretty trucks... they call me when they need parts. So I don't mind them at all. They'll pay a ton of money for accessories, 5th wheels, tonneau covers, and everything else they can put on those trucks.

We even trick out some of those trucks with nice lifts, big mudders, fancy bumpers and lighting.

link   
Business was good in '07 when I dropped 36K on a Lincoln Mark LT, which is essentially a loaded F150. Now 10+ years later I can't imagine being able to afford another new truck. So the Lincoln soldiers on...

link   
Am I the only one going backwards for vehicle age...

I am looking for vehicles that are old enough that I can do 100% of the work on it, all these gadgets are nice I guess but its not work the cost.

For 90k I can buy 2 decent houses out in the sticks of Oklahoma, or buy 1 house and a bunch of land and start a small farm or ranch.

My Jeep is a 2001, my next vehicle will probably be a 1970s era vehicle if I can find one in decent condition.

ETA: And yes the skyrocketing price of vehicles is part of the reason I am looking for older vehicles versus new with everything electronic in it.
edit on 12-10-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
My first car was a 66 Corvair in '76....lime green 4 door...paid $650 for drove it for a about 4 years before it finally blew the motor.

Since parts were hard to come by, I had to go to the junk yard for parts...my dad helped me work on it and then he caught the bug...

We wound up with 15 at one time, stripped em all out for parts except for two.

I don't how he did it...but he found a 68 that only had 29,000 miles on it... he bought it from the lady for $75.00.

We got her running and sold it for 850.00

Now I have a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi truck that I traded in my Challenger SRT for...Trucks come in handy when you live in the country.

First truck I ever bought and I love it.
edit on R412017-10-12T13:41:54-05:00k4110Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
One day all vehicles will be over a hundred grand , they are limiting the number of privately owned vehicles in more ways than one.

Higher sticker prices, cost of operation (licensing, EPA and insurance), confiscating vehicles and revoking peoples license for a plethora of menial crimes. Let alone maintenance, fuel and or batteries.

Then theres the future of self driving automobiles-- envision a huge robotic Johnny Cab fleet like in Total Recall. People laugh at the movies, they make the future seem laughable, don't they...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join