It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pheonix man surrenders guns to local LEO, Irony ensues.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
In short, man virtue signals act with pics on facebook, gets blow back from community, then when the dust settles LEOs have to sell guns to local gun store.

When Jonathan Pring posted images on Facebook showing the moment he went from being a current gun owner to a former gun owner, he knew he’d get some response.

Report from CH 12 in Pheonix

I'm not a gun dude, I dont own any but apparently its a Tacticool 10/22 .22LR rifle and a Walther PK-380, supposedly less than $500 according to some folks on Reddit.

HB 2245; REFERENCE TITLE: unclaimed property; firearms; disposition

B. Notwithstanding subsection A of this section, if the property is a firearm, the AGENCY SHALL SELL THE FIREARM(source bold) to any business that is authorized to receive and dispose of the firearm under federal and state law and that shall sell the firearm to the public according to federal and state law, unless the firearm is otherwise prohibited from being sold under federal and state law. A law enforcement agency may trade a firearm that it has retained to a federal firearms licensed business for ammunition, weapons, equipment or other materials to be exclusively used for law enforcement purposes.

I assuming I'm reading this correctly.

So whats the point of surrendering your arms if it will just hit the market again, locally?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

So whats the point of surrendering your arms if it will just hit the market again, locally?

So the oh so scary firearm isn't in your home any more?

The guns that the guy most likely went out and bought just so he could make a political statement on Facebook...

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ill be giving my guns away too.
In my Will.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

He got his 15 minutes, as long as he's happy, that's all that matters. Now his guns are available for purchase and can be owned by someone who really appreciates them. #gunlivesmatter.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

So the oh so scary firearm isn't in your home any more?

The guns that the guy most likely went out and bought just so he could make a political statement on Facebook...

Watch him get robbed later on by those same guns, because he didnt have them to stop the chumps with.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
He surrendered a tacticool22 and a .380?

So what? LOL. I have that rifle. Bought it on a whim for about $100. I fired maybe 8 rounds through it before it mangled a 22LR shell and jammed. I've just left it jammed and have no interest in firing it again. A total POS rifle.

And a .380? What was he going to use those for? Shooting through paper? I mean...a gun is a gun. But the 2 this dude had were at the very bottom of the ladder for usefulness and lethality. Especially that 22lr. A total piece of crap rifle.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

He got his 15 minutes, as long as he's happy, that's all that matters. Now his guns are available for purchase and can be owned by someone who really appreciates them. #gunlivesmatter.

#ballisticlivesmatter

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Evidently they are cheap to buy, so you may be right.

$200 for facebook boost, about the same result if you paid an Indian firm to boost your likes for you.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What an effing moron!

Were his guns writing manifestos ?

Were they getting up and going off half cocked ?

Were they giving the neighbors the stink eye ?

Were they 'karazee' guns ?

Absolute MORON.

edit on 12-10-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1

#ballisticlivesmatter

After careful consideration, I have to agree with your change. It's more inclusive and less derogatory.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The point, is that this guy is probably one of the biggest idiots on the planet.

He was scared for his family, so he wanted to turn his guns in......?

Did he plan on murdering his family? Is he a raging homicidal lunatic hell bent on causing death and destruction? All he had to do was, you know, NOT SHOOT PEOPLE WITH HIS FIREARMS and.... that would've been that.

And the best part, is that once his guns are sold to a dealer, there is a chance that a homicidal maniac WILL IN FACT PURCHASE HIS GUNS AND USE THEM TO COMMIT A CRIME! (a very low possibility, but possible non the less.)

What an absolute waste of breath and resources.

I also admire NBC news calling the semi auto .22 a "Machine Gun".

ffs, I don't want to be on this planet anymore

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

#ballisticlivesmatter

After careful consideration, I have to agree with your change. It's more inclusive and less derogatory.

Heh heh heh.....

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Just so disarming himself is the best way to protect his family?

Got to love the logic of people nowadays.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

I also admire NBC news calling the semi auto .22 a "Machine Gun".

ffs, I don't want to be on this planet anymore

It was black and scary looking. Hell, I was a bit frightened. don't he a hater.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Not even news worthy. Just another person looking to stoke the flames of an already hot topic. I hate human beings because they do dumb stuff like this.
edit on 12-10-2017 by Nik0laTesla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
there is a chance that a homicidal maniac WILL IN FACT PURCHASE HIS GUNS AND USE THEM TO COMMIT A CRIME! (a very low possibility, but possible non the less.)

While I think the guy is an idiot, I have to ask.. Why is everyone saying that crazy criminals will be able to legally purchase his guns?

Is that how it works over there?

Maybe there should be stricter gun control, then..

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
.22 rifle and a .380?

Gotta get rid of those dangerous weapons of mass destruction. I actually got a good chuckle outta that.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What I don't understand is the new " gun free red lights" on porches of homes signifying they are a gun free home . Hunh?? That seems like a personal invitation to criminals that you can enter the home worry free .
www.longislandfirearms.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
What I don't understand is the new " gun free red lights" on porches of homes signifying they are a gun free home . Hunh?? That seems like a personal invitation to criminals that you can enter the home worry free .

Hadn't heard of that. That's the epitome of stupid.

There's a guy in my neighborhood that has a blue porch light on all the time. Anyone know what that means?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Hadn't heard of that. That's the epitome of stupid.

There's a guy in my neighborhood that has a blue porch light on all the time. Anyone know what that means?

Support of LEO.

My wife did it at my house, too. While i may not be real supportive, im not above a little public display of affection for them just to make my life a little easier possibly (you never know in a small town)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join