It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pc crazy hits Canada hard

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
When I saw this thread title on the home page, I thought there was a glitch and I was seeing something from years ago.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I will say a prayer for you that you live through all the blood loss from the bleeding heart.
Good day eh.

Truth is that you don't see the practicalities of trying to fix things. Toronto has the largest non-reserve Indigenous population in Canada. Gestures matter, and we are engaged in a national effort to try and make things right. As an archaeologist, I am on the front lines to a degree. It's gotta start somewhere and some time, and we have deemed that the time is now. Mock it if you wish, but if we actually attain positive results we are a healthier society. It's OK by me if you don't get it.

Here's the take from the archaeological community: OAS

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: MotherMayEye
2 days is not nearly enough!! There is way too much to see and too many hidden gems around the city!
If you need any recommendations the next time you are in town, for anything, let me know!

Ditto on that...any of you folks want to pay us a visit, we'll be sure to help make it a memorable experience!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I should have known it would be something different, like a scone. A little sweet cream butter and honey, Mmmmmmmm!

I wonder though, should we change Chief Executive Officer to Ruling Executive Officer? No that's sounds too much like a monarch, maybe Top Dog but then that's animalist. Sigh, I can't keep up with it all.

I had a complaint just two weeks ago about a pronoun on an invoice so now we stopped even using them in print and just use given names on the phone. Times be a changin.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I had a memorable 2 week stay at Toronto General in August.

It is quite nice downtown as long as you're not driving.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I wonder though, should we change Chief Executive Officer to Ruling Executive Officer? No that's sounds too much like a monarch, maybe Top Dog but then that's animalist. Sigh, I can't keep up with it all.

How about Dude That Can Fire You?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

There you go! I like that.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What about Chief of Police ? Honestly the more the pc crowd , especially within indigenous groups makes a fuss over a team logo or name, the more I see them as crybabies, who don't know how to stand tall and brave for their people and be happy that a school chooses a Native American logo for their team.

To add more nonsense over the word chief is hurting their cause more than helping. Bet you 80% of indigenous in Canada laugh their asses off about it when they're drinking brewskies on the weekend.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Blaine91555

How about Dude That Can Fire You?

No that's misogynistic.

Women don't want to be called "Dude".

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I suggest we henceforth refer to them as "Idiot in Charge".

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

To make it more absurd, they are removing the adjective version of “chief” in order to protect the noun version of “chief”. In their error, they want to replace the adjective, “chief”, with a noun, “manager”, leading to all sorts of stupidity. “Manager financial officer”.

This is the school board, as in those in charge of education policy.

This is the kind of thing Orwell warned us about:

It is rather the same thing that is happening to the English language. It becomes ugly and inaccurate because our thoughts are foolish, but the slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts.

edit on 12-10-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I suggest we henceforth refer to them as "Idiot in Charge".

That would be an insult to the mentally challenged.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Sheye

To make it more absurd, they are removing the adjective version of “chief” in order to protect the noun version of “chief”. In their error, they want to replace the adjective, “chief”, with a noun, “manager”, leading to all sorts of stupidity. “Manager financial officer”.

Another absurdity-- the author of the article couldn't avoid using chief in its adjective form to describe the positions being renamed:

Titles such as chief financial officer, chief academic officer and chief communications officer will see the word “chief” removed and replaced with “manager” or something similar. The changes include 12 chief positions in the professional support services department where the word manager is now used.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
People should google the highway of tears, also residential schools, canada is trying to fix how it treated its native population for the longest time, it sad that the only thing they can #ing figure out is to not call people chiefs.

The government stole there children, abused them and let them rot in catholic schools to make them forget there past.

Native women are being killed left and right, and nobody seems to care, yea canada needs to fix there #.

edit on 12-10-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Canada is currently engaged in trying to fix what's wrong with the way in which our Indigenous population has been and continues to be treated.

Continues to be treated ??? They have all the perks to get help in higher education, as well as help in many ways. They are exempt from being treated as other criminals when they murder , steal, and destroy. All because of residual residential abuse.

Most of the crime ... some very serious ... is done by indigenous people around here. When does there come a time when the country can be genuinely concerned about how many indigenous are treating us !!!

Sick of their whining, immature rhetoric. Heck, one was on Tv here a few years ago demanding all costume stores and department stores take the Native American costumes off the shelf.🙄

Nobody called-out this ignorant, delusional, racist BS yet?
Bottom of the barrel stuff.
Have seen it so often over the years, at many levels of society.

They treat us the way our ancestors deserved to be treated: as lying, untrustworthy, arrogant, self-interested, short-sighted fools.
They trusted us, and we betrayed them, over and over.
They never asked for any of this society, that we shove down their throats.
How can anyone be so oblivious to others needs, as to think that offering the First-Nations-People indoctrination into our shallow society, is doing them a favor?

We have destroyed beautiful civilizations, and there are plenty of fools around today that would do the exact same thing again.
We remain quick to judge, and slow to understand.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

yes yes, thank you for saying it, oh ive wanted too for so long but it never seem to come out right, now, yes yes it does when i don't have to go to the principals office alone!!! Thank you sir.

And on topic, I could feel it coming from the states a few short years ago, it was only a matter of time and now it is here!! I live just outside of TO, my daughter lives in TO and while it is true that what Toronto does is a municipal ruling, the provincial and federal government will gladly eat up the crumbs.

johnny canuck=oxymoron
edit on 12-10-2017 by alphacenturi because: no reason

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Tomato over lettuce is a lie. The lettuce goes over the tomato otherwise the tomato juice leaches into the bread, changing the bread's consistency.

What kind of absolute troglodyte monster are you?

The tomato always goes on the lettuce so any tomato juice drips will stay in the lettuce thereby protecting the bread from getting soggy. yeeeesh. hehe just having some fun

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I barely consider Toronto apart of Canada... Crap like this makes me worry that Trudeau will actually get re elected.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

If you think that's bad, I just read the University of Saskatchewan archery team will now refer to the "bow and arrow" as a "fleeble-flobble" in order not to reinforce stereotypes, with students charged with the Canadian schools version of a hate crime,

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011
Americans seem to think Trudeau is the cats pajamas . " why can't our president be like him?".

Back to the chief thing. You can't say anything about indingenous people's these days, I frankly can't keep up with what I'm supposed to call them. At first I was corrected " you can't say Indian, it's Native" so I start saying native, then it was " can't call them natives, it's First Nations". I have no idea what's right, so I've just gone back to Indian. I think now it's aboriginal... but really I don't know.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join