It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniels Prophesy Of 70 Weeks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I figure this is good topic to discuss and this is virtually accepted by all of Christianity as the prophesy of seventy weeks by Daniel that identifies when the Messiah would come.

Daniel 9:24-27 Amplified Bible (AMP)

24 “Seventy weeks [of years, or 490 years] have been decreed for your people and for your holy city (Jerusalem), to finish the transgression, to make an end of sins, to make atonement (reconciliation) for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness (right-standing with God), to seal up vision and prophecy and prophet, and to anoint the Most Holy Place.
25 So you are to know and understand that from the issuance of the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until [the coming of] the Messiah (the Anointed One), the Prince, there will be seven weeks [of years] and sixty-two weeks [of years]; it will be built again, with [a city] plaza and moat, even in times of trouble.
26 Then after the sixty-two weeks [of years] the Anointed One will be cut off [and denied His Messianic kingdom] and have nothing [and no one to defend Him], and the people of the [other] prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.
27 And he will enter into a binding and irrevocable covenant with the many for one week (seven years), but in the middle of the week he will stop the sacrifice and grain offering [for the remaining three and one-half years]; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until the complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who causes the horror.”

edit on 12-10-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Damnit, you made me google stuff and learn something..... It's too early for that.

Nice find though.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

So, you're saying that god is on his way to kill us? # that guy.

Jesus is a terrorist.
edit on 12-10-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ok maybe I am missing it?

When is this happening and how do you get that with weeks seeming like years? Reminds me of Star Trek Wrath of Khan if we went "By the Book"

Admiral, if we go by the book, hours could seem like days

I wonder if by the book they meant the bible...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver
When I read a post like this on an op like this I think of a sad, confused, weak person like Dylan Klebold or someone of the like. If you despise religion, just scroll past. Otherwise you come off as a weak internet troll.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
By coincidence, I was just looking over a draft thread on this topic which has been sitting around in my "drafts" folder for a while. I was prompted to open it up because another recent thread touches on this passage.
I don't think I'll be using it in the near future. It has the working title of "The unsolved puzzle...", and ends with the words "So that is how I come to the conclusion that I still don’t have an acceptable answer to the puzzle of “seventy weeks”."

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Gotta love the modern 'timelines'.

The Book of Daniel itself is full of errors, creating doubt about when it was really written.

westminster.edu
edit on 12-10-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

that is what all so called godly scholars say about the AV of the Bible.

If it is full of errors why even read it. Just created your own version from scratch. Oh Wait that has already been done in over 350 English versions to date and they still can't agree on what is correct and what is not.

The AV stands as the proof it is the preserved words of God to this generation Psalm 12:6,7.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

What errors? The Bible was a very accurate Almanac converted into childrens stories.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I thought that the seven years covenant that gets broken half way through was the anti Christ ?
edit on 12 10 17 by Staycurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The AV stands as the proof it is the preserved words of God to this generation Psalm 12:6,7.

We can't get the truth about anything in the approved official version of events, even today.

Victors write the history books, they always have, to reflect their version of events. That history is a litany of lies.

You want me to believe some texts written by anonymous strangers thousands of years ago haven't been meddled with across all that time?

Books are written by men, not Gods. The only texts that are still unaltered (so far) are DNA.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I like your conclusion ...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
The conclusion was the product of careful thought, but it must wait for another time. I ought not to be competing with this thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Daniel's prophecy was the one that was sealed up until the very end. It makes sense that it doesn't make sense or won't right up until it happens and everyone looks at it and say, "Duh! It's so obvious ..."

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

One big problem to consider with the 70 weeks prophecy. Unfinished business.

In the book of Hosea there is a prophecy called the day of Jezreel. It predicted that Israel and Judah were to face a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. But in Hosea 6-2 it gives the timeframe of the curse. 2 days in the presence of the Lord. Followed by the one day of Jezreel. But according to Psalms 90 and 2nd Peter 3-8 those days are 1000 year periods of time. And if you look at the history of the last 2000 years the Jews seem to have been serving the curse.

And that blows up the theory that the 490 years of Daniel 9 are complete. The 2000 year curse fits between the 69th and 70th week.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Daniel's prophecy was the one that was sealed up until the very end. It makes sense that it doesn't make sense or won't right up until it happens and everyone looks at it and say, "Duh! It's so obvious ..."
In the vid I posted Dr. Heiser points out the different ways to look ar Daniel . One way puts the "end times" or time of the end at the Cross ...No one seen it coming or could have figured it out until after the fact ...Paul pointed this fact out by saying that had they of known ,they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory ... It was something that was hidden that only became obvious with the Resurrected Jesus .

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Interesting to read Sir Issac Newtons take one it. I do believe he like most fail to see how many times the bible speaks of the physical temple not being needed anymore but the Jews and rest who follow Jesus are the new stones and temple.

I would bet Newton had a lot more of the older copies of the books to work with then we have. It is well worth reading all of his studies on the bible.
www.newtonproject.ox.ac.uk...

I shall not attempt a particular interpretation of it, but content myself with observing, that as the seventy and the sixty two weeks were Jewish weeks, ending with sabbatical years; so the seven weeks are the compass of a Jubilee, and begin and end with actions proper for a Jubilee, and of the highest nature for which a Jubilee can be kept: and that since the commandment to return and to build Jerusalem, precedes the Messiah the Prince 49 years; it may perhaps come forth not from the Jews themselves,
but from some other kingdom friendly to them, and precede their return from captivity, and give occasion to it; and lastly, that this rebuilding of Jerusalem and the waste places of Judah is predicted in Micah vii. 11. Amos ix. 11, 14. Ezek. xxxvi. 33, 35, 36, 38. Isa. liv. 3, 11, 12. lv. 12. lxi. 4. lxv. 18, 21,22. and Tobit xiv. 5. and that the return from captivity and coming of the Messiah and his kingdom are described in Daniel vii. Rev. xix. Acts i. Mat. xxiv. Joel iii. Ezek. xxxvi. xxxvii. Isa. lx. lxii. lxiii. lxv. and lxvi. and many other places of scripture. The manner I know not. Let time be the Interpreter.

The Prophets, in representing kingdoms by Beasts and Birds, put their wings stretched out over any country for their armies sent out to invade and rule over that country. Hence a wing of abominations is an army of false Gods: for an abomination is often put in scripture for a false God; as where Chemosh is called [11]the abomination of Moab, and Molech the abomination of Ammon. The meaning, therefore, is, that the people of a Prince to come shall destroy the sanctuary, and abolish the daily worship of the true God, and overspread the land with an army of false gods; and by setting up their dominion and worship, cause desolation to the Jews, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. For Christ tells us, that the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel was to be set up in the times of the Roman Empire, Matth. xxiv. 15.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
Ok maybe I am missing it?

When is this happening and how do you get that with weeks seeming like years? Reminds me of Star Trek Wrath of Khan if we went "By the Book"

Admiral, if we go by the book, hours could seem like days

I wonder if by the book they meant the bible...

They use the Jewish counting.

www.newtonproject.ox.ac.uk...

Thus have we in this short Prophecy, a prediction of all the main periods relating to the coming of the Messiah; the time of his birth, that of his death, that of the rejection of the Jews, the duration of the Jewish war whereby he caused the city and sanctuary to be destroyed, and the time of his second coming: and so the interpretation here given is more full and complete and adequate to the design, than if we should restrain it to his first coming only, as Interpreters usually do. We avoid also the doing violence to the language of Daniel, by taking the seven weeks and sixty two weeks for one number.
Had that been Daniel's meaning, he would have said sixty and nine weeks, and not seven weeks and sixty two weeks, a way of numbering used by no nation. In our way the years are Jewish Luni-solar years, [12] as they ought to be; and the seventy weeks of years are Jewish weeks ending with sabbatical years, which is very remarkable. For they end either with the year of the birth of Christ, two years before the vulgar account, or with the year of his death, or with the seventh year after it: all which are sabbatical years.
Others either count by Lunar years, or by weeks not Judaic: and, which is worst, they ground their interpretations on erroneous Chronology, excepting the opinion of Funccius about the seventy weeks, which is the same with ours. For they place Ezra and Nehemiah in the reign of Artaxerxes Mnemon, and the building of the Temple in the reign of Darius Nothus, and date the weeks of Daniel from those two reigns.

2015 ‑ 2016 Jubilee

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If you research this you find out the Jews didn't use the Seventy weeks to ID when the Messiah would come, they had other variables in play that influenced them, and it was real as the the Massacre of the Innocents is the biblical account of infanticide by Herod the Great, the Roman-appointed King of the Jews showed. According to the Gospel of Matthew, Herod ordered the execution of all young male children in the vicinity of Bethlehem, so as to avoid the loss of his throne to a newborn King of the Jews whose birth had been announced to him by the Magi.
Of coarse Jesus survived this, because it was not his time to die.

You are correct it was not until we got into the time of the end that it was fully comprehended by Christianity, and even as the comments in this thread bring out not everybody is in agreement. But I say this if the bible is using weeks of years, it doesn't suddenly redefine the measurement 3/4 the way through the prophesy. Besides all negative things happening to Jesus is long past, and cannot be in the future. This prophesy is finished.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Do i have time to make a cup of tea ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join