It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the TOP 5 best traits a president should have?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
1. the ability to compromise.

2. the ability to compromise.

3. the ability to compromise.

4. the ability to compromise.

5. the ability to compromise.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Presidents have to have the Grand Vision, be able to see the full painting at the beginning of the process. You have to think BIG and go BIG as a President.

They also have to work with the people on both sides of the aisle to actually do the painting. They have to not micromanage and let people fill out his vision. The end painting won't be exactly what the President would have drawn but it shows the overall idea he was getting across. That's how you create legacies that can't get torn down in a following term.

Hardest of all, they have to know which battles to stick to their guns and which battles to let go of. Being able to read the pulse of the People, Congress and other Nations is probably a huge plus too.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sanity is a good quality for a President.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
1. the ability to compromise.

2. the ability to compromise.

3. the ability to compromise.

4. the ability to compromise.

5. the ability to compromise.

Sometimes that is good.

When you are Neville Chamberlain, not a great thing.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

As a young conservative I would have to say a mix of Washington's confidence in staying non partisan, and being a heck of a General. I mean cmon, when all the chips were on the table and our fathers were looking for answers George basically looks at em all and says, "hey guys I got this." Thats awesome for me.

Plus Teddy's leadership stance on wildlife preservation and his unfound love and respect for this country.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

1. Wisdom
2. Intelligence
3. Compulsive
4. Tactful
5. Overly Cautious

I think they're all actually pretty important.
Even ruthless deception can have it's place when you are dealing with the needs of so many.

Indeed. Calculating, without emotional interference can certainly come in handy

Yep, can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
It's an interesting topic, unfortunately no one seems to want to answer your question which makes it difficult to progress the conversation.

Maybe to get the ball rolling you could tell us what your top 5 is?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You forgot the most important trait of all (as we've now all come to realize these past several months *cough*)

- emotional maturity

edit on 12-10-2017 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
After the election process, only one that should be THE top trait governing all others...

Humility

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

This is easy:

1. Yugeness
2. Orange
3. Highest IQ of any human born or any that will be born
4. Not afraid to lob some nukes at uppity countries (seriously, whats the point of having them if you aren't going to use them!)
5. MAGA

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I vote the candidate that matches these 5 profiles

Forward-thinking Intelligence
Strong convictions and decision making
Willingness to sacrifice
Independence from the status quo
Sense of nationalistic duty

I vote based on character rather than any campaign policies or political party. I want a President who could best handle a situation for which there is no warning or precedent.

Things like gentle, well-spoken, generous, ect. have no place in the Presidency.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
-Motivational - Leadership is getting people to follow you only because they want to and are inspired to follow you, not because they have to.

Respect - You have to give respect to earn respect

Bringing others up to your level -A leader should always be training his replacement or replacements and working hard to pass on all his skills, knowledge, contacts, habits, secrets etc. Your job as a leader is to create more leaders.

Humility and the empty mind. Gandhi was a very humble leader as was mother theresa etc. There's a time to be hard and badass but mainly your job as a leader is to be humble so others can relate to you and so that you don't lead from exagerated ego. The empty mind is the concept that you don't know everything and that you're willing to learn when knew information is given to you.

Compromise. _ in every aspect of life we conpromise. Great leaders must be willing to compromise and work with other leaders. That may mean giving up something you were working on and championing to get something far greater accomplished.

Lead from the front. All of the great generals from the past knew this. You can't lead from the back, you've got to lead from the front. You've got to put your self on the line just as those you are asking to do something. In lesser terms it means getting your hands dirty too.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

II- intelligence
III- wisdom
0- open-mindedness
- forcefulness
- knowledge
- educated
- ruthlessness
- empathetic
IV- tactful
I- honesty
- deceiving
- self conscious
- humility
- gentle
- well spoken
- argumentative
- overly cautious
- compulsive
V- generous
- sophisticated

Keep I mind that this isn’t about any current standing or previous president, but rather you opinion on a leaders traits

A belief in some form of Faith to 1 is required. Because if you have faith then you know that your actions will be judged beyond here. When you reach spirit free from the material world (when the physical ends the mental begins)?
To keep it as simple as possible.
Therefore you will consider every person that dies or is killed - neglected under your LEAD or watch is counting towards your afterlife.

But.

If ye has no faith then simply death of others does not matter. Not even those the is supposedly leading...

As far as defense A FEARLESS LEADER/WARRIOR KNOWS TO KEEP THEIR SWORDS SHEATHED UNTIL TIME OF RESPONSE AND CAN SMELL THE FEAR OFF OF EACH WORD THEIR POTENTIAL OPPONENT SPEAKS AS THE WARRIOR SPEAKS NOT AT ALL...

Deceiving, forcefulness and ruthlessness seem to be the way of the ultimate loser in this realm/dimension and within the spirit beyond. Believer or not, it is your will to have faith or take the chance hoping nothing exist beyond.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Leadership
Empathy
Honesty
Vision
Credibilty

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26

I vote the candidate that matches these 5 profiles

Forward-thinking Intelligence
Strong convictions and decision making
Willingness to sacrifice
Independence from the status quo
Sense of nationalistic duty

I vote based on character rather than any campaign policies or political party. I want a President who could best handle a situation for which there is no warning or precedent.

Things like gentle, well-spoken, generous, ect. have no place in the Presidency.

Boy have I got some 1930's European Leaders I think you would just absolutely love!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Having enough self-confidence to have faith in delegating authority to other people.

Yes ... great point, the self confidence and ability to delegate, plus I might add in addition the wisdom to choose the right delegates.

I want THAT leader.

Cannot seem to find THAT leader anywhere yet. *sigh*

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Top 5 traits should be:

1. Able to have a unsecured server in the closet of their house.
2. Able to make deals with Russia regarding Uranium.
3. Able to have a friend working at CNN and have debate questions fed to you.
4. Able to explain a open-border policy to all Americans.
5. Able to have at least 1 immediate family member who has all ready been impeached from Presidency.
edit on 12-10-2017 by lisame because: grammar

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Must not be over 60 and no younger than 48 when running for office.

Age is number one on your list?

alrighty then

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I respect intelligence too. There is a cognitive intelligence, as well as an emotional intelligence.

A President should rate high in both.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Not be a republican
Not be a democrat
Not be a lawyer

top topics

<< 1   >>

join