It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s a List of Disgusting Facts About Harvey Weinstein for Trump Supporters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Oh, PLEASE give me a break. I read your opening paragraph, and that was it. Why not look into the scandals of the right? You act like the right hasn't had its share of gross behavior. Tell that to the FOX news employees sexually harassed!! Or Baker, Falwell.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I must stress that what I am going to say does not in anyway make light of sexual assault and/or abuse of power. I just want to point out that what Harvey Weinstein and Donald Trump are accused of, are behaviors which have been societal norms, and even expectations for hundreds of years.

I am not condoning the behavior, but neither invented the casting couch, and neither were the first to demand favors from those employed by them or under their control. We need to take a hard look at what we have accepted as a society about our treatment of people as a whole.

We can't condemn objectification of women and then give a free pass to a society that sells everything from shampoo to ice cream with half naked women and a covert promise of sexual pleasure at a price. We accept sexual titillation as the norm and for sell, so it is no surprise that people with power and money will think they have the right to command their gratification.

While Hollywood has been the most noticeable offender, this behavior plays out in every area where someone has power over others. It happens in classrooms, offices, churches, sports, dance, even homes. We can't rid ourselves of this disease without recognizing the vector.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Not very original. Your adjectives are a dead giveaway Mr. Shyamalan. George Bush was squeaky clean, but how about Bill Clinton. I can't believe you lefties want to join forces with Harvey W. but bash the President of the United States. You really want to play a game of moral high ground here??

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
LOL ... well done OP.

The same level of "proof" exists against both men (and hundreds of others).

Why didn't "Hollywood" do something about Weinstein?

Why doesn't America do something about Trump?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Hold up, I’m really sorry everyone. My mistake. Did I say I was talking about Harvey Weinstein?

boomm... I just reacted... Harvey Weinstein such a scumbag oh I mean Bill huh clinton , Cosby ?? Epstain ... huh whatever... He was a president right... ha got. Bush or obama... ok it was trump , trump did it booo trump booo. What was the question ?

edit on 10122017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Because a lot of actresses probably did get with him in order to get a part in a show or movie and I'm sure lots of stars are freaking out that their story of sexual favors becomes public.

The public now knows how much of a creep he is because its on tape. I don't think he's going to be charged. Hollywood is a disgusting place

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Every Democrat in Congress could round up every Republican and murder them in cold blood, and somehow they'd find a way to use that to attack Trump. It'd be completely old hat if it wasn't so comically insane.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It is interesting how the allegations made against Trump and Weinstein are so similar.

Yet the reactions are so different.

It goes to prove how politics can blind us all, there is a lesson to be learned here.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Using deflection in response to being called out for deflection. Leftists aren't smart enough to think of smear campaigns so they base them on their own experience. Your attacks are actually windows.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Gryphon66

Because a lot of actresses probably did get with him in order to get a part in a show or movie and I'm sure lots of stars are freaking out that their story of sexual favors becomes public.

The public now knows how much of a creep he is because its on tape. I don't think he's going to be charged. Hollywood is a disgusting place

That's a lot of personal opinion, some of which I personally don't disagree with.

There is zero reason, however, to give predators cover by trying to associate it with partisan politics.
edit on 12-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Notd

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton
Using deflection in response to being called out for deflection. Leftists aren't smart enough to think of smear campaigns so they base them on their own experience. Your attacks are actually windows.

The fact that you ascribe a lack of intelligence to these mythical "leftists" you incessantly refer to suggests that the real problem probably lies with you, in that your general outlook is mired in fallacious reasoning, eh?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
It is interesting how the allegations made against Trump and Weinstein are so similar.

It goes to prove how politics can blind us all, there is a lesson to be learned here.

There is a lesson to be learned here, but they don't want to learn it.

There is a clear connection between the two men, and most other abusers ... that they are members of a privileged class.

That very factually-based observation, however, really drives the core authoritarians nuts.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The fact that you ascribe a lack of intelligence to these mythical "leftists" you incessantly refer to suggests that the real problem probably lies with you, in that your general outlook is mired in fallacious reasoning, eh?

First, I'm flattered you pay attention to the content of my incessant posts.

Im sorry I didn't offer a trigger warning before going to derogatory names but this is the mud pit. Anyway we have seen nothing but deflection from the crazy leftists all year.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Im sorry I didn't offer a trigger warning before going to derogatory names but this is the mud pit. Anyway we have seen nothing but deflection from the crazy leftists all year.

You shouldn't be flattered; I usually skip over them.

Did I ask for a trigger warning? Even in the Mud Pit, the general rules of discourse are in place, and mindless generalizations like you made are simply poor form.

/shrug

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Do you also find it interesting that attorney Lisa Bloom was representing Weinstein in the face of overwhelming evidence against Weinstein until she was forced to resign because Weinstein was thinking about making a TV series out of a book she wrote?
The same attorney Lisa Bloom who represented a woman that claimed Trump assaulted her and the claim mysteriously fell apart?
The same attorney Lisa Bloom who represented 3 women against Bill O'Reilly's assault allegations?
The same attorney Lisa Bloom along with her mother Gloria Allred who are known huge Leftist Hillary supporters?
But yet, there she was doing damage control for Weinstein, she was going to attempt to minimize or belittle the women making the claims against him with obvious lies about their association with him.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the Leftist hypocrisy when it comes to Trump, who has had some allegations against him in the past but none have ever been substantiated at all.
Hypocrisy so #ing deep that a feminist, Leftist shill of a lawyer, would represent women with sexual assault claims many times and then represent this piece of sh!t Weinstein.
And she would still be there with him, if it hadn't come to light that she had a conflict of interest.
But, but, but.....Trump.
Keep living in your Leftist fantasy land.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

And plenty of the liberal celeb darlings knew about this and did nothing, so...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

There's no "leftist" hypocrisy when it comes to Trump.

Trump has admitted that he is an abuser. He has admitted that the general timbre of any and all accusations against him by women are true.

You are blinded by your support for the man, and your general partisanship, in this case, however, the comparisons between Trump and Weinstein (and most other predators) are completely valid and backed up by facts.

link   
a reply to: bender151

and, everyone knew of trumps but voted him president anyway.

link   

originally posted by: bender151

And plenty of the liberal celeb darlings knew about this and did nothing, so...

What are you doing about the man in the White House who is also a self-confessed sexual predator?

Hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You shouldn't be flattered; I usually skip over them.

Did I ask for a trigger warning? Even in the Mud Pit, the general rules of discourse are in place, and mindless generalizations like you made are simply poor form.

/shrug

Yeah I know you skip over them because your comment about my incessant posts was ungrounded. Thanks for clearing that up

edit on 12-10-2017 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join