It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic Lesson 1 Focus And Intention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I feel the title might get a few people to jump to: "magic is not real!" knee-jerks. Please open your minds and keep reading, because it glances at the effect of our awareness and thoughts on society as a whole.
I feel this could become an interesting discussion
if you make it happen

*I'll later use the term " send the arrow", to describe how I feel magic works, as an important aspect of my whole approach, I'll give you my definition first:
You aim, you charge, but once it is underway the slightest breeze can change its course. Similiar to letting the bird fly, if it's a trained falcon, or crow, or...
Okay then let's start.

Magic Lesson 1: Focus & Intention

I have a feeling most people read/hear that and move on to lesson 2, without stopping to think what it actually means, or how hard it is to hold that level of focus, which is needed to send the arrow at all. Without it nosediving in front of your feet, or on your feet.
Think about the occurences of real magical wonders happening to real peope.
A mother lifting a car to save her baby.
A loved one not entering a plane that crashes.
An accident which could have been a lot worse if it wasn't for one tiny detail in the right second of the crash.

Because one of the very basics of magic is
the fundamental connectedness of all things.
There are no coincidences. There is nothing random.
Everything has a cause and an effect.
The butterfly causing a hurricane, on a meta plane of existence,
our consciousness.
This & only this is where magic works. Altering behaviour. My own and the levels above and below me. My area of perception.
I wouldn't go as far to say
"I'm an universe to my microbiota, as I'm a virus to the universe."

But it's not wrong, metaphorically speaking and serves the purpose that you start looking at it more closely and as you do that you'll notice between me and the universe are a few more important steps. On the next above level I'm part of

mankind

Earthling/Terraner (including us, animals, microbiota, if there are smaller ones those too)

Milkywayaner (including every thing below)
.... all generating consciousness. Everything alive is transforming energy.
Which brings us to te question how the realtionship works, who's influencing whom and to what extent?

The universe/God/higher-order-of-self/consciousness-singularity doesn't need your love, your focus, your good intentions. It gets all that by the order of being above it.
You have to pay attention to your surroundings.
Imagine an individuum in your darmflora, which suddenly decides to focus only on life after death, why their species is so different than everything else they know, it starts a think tank, that grows into an organisation etc.
After a while tey notice they need more momentum, more "wamm!". The higher order of existence, you are implied in that, clearly exists, but it doesn't fullfill their wishes, let it rain, or whatever.
"Human sacrifice?" One group-leader asks.
"Well it is one to save hundreds. Sure." The wisemen say.

What happens on the macrolevel? Mass-suicide of the individuall/cell: wamm! cancer.
They got your attention now, right?

What I want to say with these mad ramblings, is we already have tremendous effects on this next higher order of consciousness with our thoughts.
The most important decision in life really is:
The choice of aim and intention for my only magic power known to us:
awareness.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The video does not play. "Not made available in my country (US)."

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I believe there are 2 types of magic. One we can't understand and the other is for entertainment.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

It's The Cure
Lovesong

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

"The most important decision in life really is:
The choice of aim and intention for my only magic power known to us:
awareness."

I disagree with the use of the word, "awareness," to describe that unknown quality that allows the magic, as you call it. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe in that magic, but why not use that something more encompassing than "awareness" usually conveys? Such as with that kind of magic, you are the Universe, or something.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

The video does not play. "Not made available in my country (US)."

Consider yourself blessed by the higher singularity.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Having magical abilities is terrible. There's a great episode of Red Dwarf called "Better Than Life" which shows the bad results that can happen when you can spontaneously create reality as you imagine it without restraint. Very funny!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Robert Smith saved us from Barbara Streisand. Many thanks to him.
Here is a news report:
MTV- News

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

To me awareness is the most encompassing use, as it includes, the levels "below" human consciousness as well.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I believe there are 2 types of magic. One we can't understand and the other is for entertainment.

There are two types: ceremonial (ritual) and non ceremonial

Magic falls under idolatry.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hocas pocas abra cadrab .
No such thing as Magic .
It is just a word used to describe things we don't understand yet .

So you tell me Magic or just a human ability science cant quilfi yet ?

All My life I have had precog . Times when I just knew something was going to happen .
Most of the time it was something bad .
to many to tell all .
But here are 2 .

A young man at 30 and his wife ( me and my wife )
sitting on a couch with our 2 or 3 month old son in a car set between us .
We turn and look at each other and both say at the same time we will not let Him fall .
30 seconds later the car set started to fall we both grabed it .

2 and Much Much better
52 now and about 3 years agaio I had a very vived dream .

My sons wife dead my sons truck totaled and my sons holding a fist full of money .
Very next Morning I called him said DON'T drive the truck for the next few days .
He knows I can do these things so listens when it matters most .
And he also had a car so no problem .

Needless to say the next day the accident accrued the car was totaled his girl was fine he was fine and it was not his falt and insurance payed and I kept the car and sold it for parts for him .
Bought for 2800 $ insurance payed 2400 I got 1000 for parts you do the math .
A fist full of money .

The only thing changed is the car they were driving and the Wife not being dead .
Not bad hu ? Anyway No magic there .
With quantum physics and science now knowing humans brains acutely work using it. Knowing the future is very possible .
wile humans (science has not yet worked out exactly hows and whys it is no longer in the realm of compleatly unknown .
As with ANY magic once you know how it is done ANY ONE can do the trick .
And then it is no longer magic .

A android phone would have gotten you burned at the stake as a witch in the 15 century But the phone is not magic people in the 15 century just would not be able to understand it

My silly sister thinks she is wicca because of this family thing . ( My dad had it as well he just never knew he had it lol .
People need a way to understand things and when no answers are at hand thus magic and gods are born .
Me I am only different in that I know the truth . The truth is I dont need to understand what I can do to use it nore give it names of gods or men to be ok with it .

But if you feell better calling it magic then so be it my experience has shown me that just excepting it unconditionally makes it MUCH MUCH easer to use and MUCH MUCH more powerful .
No little voices saying Naa yoru nuts magic isn't real so not as much holding it back .

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I'll spare the drivel about magic being undistinguishable from mis understood science since I don't usually talk about science much, lest the Odds an it's zealots come for me.

Focus an intentions, only layout the subconscious framework of one own desires, which allows one to apply context to their physical definition, by just thinking of what would make them..them. Dreams and Hallucinations are the same way in a sense where they can be very complex forms of cessation of the psyche an ego, since we only dream about things we imagine or know, but what about things our subconscious knows that the consciousness wouldn't or shouldn't know?

We apparently make thousands an thousands desicions in a day without really thinking about it? Even weirder, is that our stomach, or pelvic area which has a large amount of nerve endings, may act like a second brain. Is the subconscious actually the body simplifying or filtering all the mechanics behind our brain, via to the subconsciousness?

Supposedly our bodies actually do have an impact on our moods, something Buddha was very tedious about.

edit on 14-10-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
you gusy are really not as special as you want every one to think you are .
If what you were doing with this post was ment as help and not OOOO look I am soooo special it would be on a 3 year old lvs of understanding

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

NOT at all... but I keep dropping into FUGUES from ...oppressive creativity.
THAT and I need an ABDUCTION to fix my container's brain.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Oh if I could grant wishes I'd say benevolent meta-doctors are on their way. I want that too, alien says to me, strange, but could be home to Earth. Could be it's time it starts a world tour and everybody gets one personal miracle. Plus we get our disclosure. Meet and greet with the aliens.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

I'm a huge McKenna fangirl you're preaching to the choir. An "it" can be felt within oneself, but it goes far beyond my own subconsciousness too. There are figures one can meet, over there and they seem to be the same ones who organise death.
The mind is far more capable of assuming a reality than it is perceiving it.
But the distinction is: my mind goes there in trance, but awake. The shaman world.
Sleeping brain, has a lot of activity too, sure it's not proven or anything, but what if it also perceives what the me in other world's is doing?
Or timeliness, or whatever you like.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Specimen

I'm a huge McKenna fangirl you're preaching to the choir. An "it" can be felt within oneself, but it goes far beyond my own subconsciousness too. There are figures one can meet, over there and they seem to be the same ones who organise death.
The mind is far more capable of assuming a reality than it is perceiving it.
But the distinction is: my mind goes there in trance, but awake. The shaman world.
Sleeping brain, has a lot of activity too, sure it's not proven or anything, but what if it also perceives what the me in other world's is doing?
Or timeliness, or whatever you like.

Yea, I know what you mean, like someone looking over your grave type feeling. Makes me wonder about how intangible the age old beleif of an another side could be, and how it always in the details.

Idk about trances, but I know what's it like to be very spaced out, wether it were voluntary or not in the back of my mind. I've had visual an auditoral hallucinations before, literally takes one consciousness to another world. One visual Hallucination really surprised me, years later...it almost looked like it were real time when I recognized.

I've heard that it actually quite possible that one can view the future like it were a giant panoramic screen or story book, which is even mentioned among, I guess Elders or Gurus. Maybe those figures have their own reasons for existing, where it shouldn't be our problem, as much as it is theirs.

edit on 14-10-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

A galactic "Hearts and Minds "op I wonder if anyone hires Janissaries?
GAD that would make me relax.

new topics

top topics

join