It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravitational-Wave Announcement Coming October 16, 2017. What Could It Be? Maybe ALiens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So I was checking out stuff like news and # online, and I read this. So detecting gravity waves is a fairly new phenomenon even though Einstein theorized it a century ago. Anyways they, the are claiming to have some breaking new discovery that they seem to need a week to prepare for. I am going to be honest, I am getting my hopes up and expecting that the gravtity waves detection has gotten to the point they can see the ripples caused by alien spaceships. So that's what I am going with, ALIENS. But obviously the announcement will be something much less dramatic as usual. Maybe they will confirm we live in a simulation lol!

News Release • October 11, 2017
Issued jointly by the LIGO Laboratory, LIGO Scientific Collaboration, National Science Foundation, and Virgo Collaboration
Scientists to discuss new developments in gravitational-wave astronomy
Scientists representing LIGO, Virgo, and some 70 observatories will reveal new details and discoveries made in the ongoing search for gravitational waves.
The gathering will begin with an overview of new findings from LIGO, Virgo, and partners that span the globe, followed by details from telescopes that work with the LIGO and Virgo Collaboration to study extreme events in the cosmos. 
Monday, October 16, 2017
10:00 AM US EDT
** Panels to begin at 10:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m., with a 15-minute break in between. Event expected to conclude by 12:30 p.m.
WHERE:
The National Press Club
Holeman Lounge
529 14th Street NW, 13th Floor
Washington, DC 20045
WHO:
The following researchers will offer brief opening remarks over the course of two panels, with time for questions at the end of each panel:

10:00 a.m.
Moderator: France Córdova, Director of the National Science Foundation
David Reitze, Executive Director, LIGO Laboratory/Caltech
David Shoemaker, Spokesperson, LIGO Scientific Collaboration/MIT
Jo van den Brand, Spokesperson, Virgo Collaboration/Nikhef, VU University Amsterdam
Julie McEnery, Fermi Project Scientist, NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center
Marica Branchesi, Virgo Collaboration/Gran Sasso Science Institute, Italy
Vicky Kalogera, Astrophysicist, LIGO Scientific Collaboration/Northwestern University

11:15 a.m.
Moderator: Jim Ulvestad, NSF Assistant Director (Acting) for Mathematical and Physical Sciences
Laura Cadonati, Deputy Spokesperson, LIGO Scientific Collaboration/Georgia Tech
Andy Howell, Staff Scientist at Las Cumbres Observatory/UC-Santa Barbara
Ryan Foley, Assistant Professor of Astronomy and Astrophysics, University of California-Santa Cruz
Marcelle Soares-Santos, Assistant Professor, Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory/Brandeis University
David Sand, Assistant Professor in Astronomy, University of Arizona
Nial Tanvir, Professor of Astrophysics, University of Leicester, UK
Edo Berger, Professor of Astronomy, Harvard University
Eleonora Troja, Research Scientist at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center/University of Maryland
Alessandra Corsi, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Texas Tech University

So while it mostly is likely going to be industry related jargon mostly, I am holding out for Aliens!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Already posted ... yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

P

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Anyone here familiar with swordplay or using Klingon type bladed weapons???....methinks things are going to get olde school cave-man around planet earth soon.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Gravity shielding would be nice. Spin up those shells of liquid mercury!

edit on 12-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Keep us posted.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I bet they will say this time we detected black holes colliding from 3 ligo detectors not one or two..

Because of this we know exactly where a black hole collision took place billions of years ago..

Even that sounds too exciting for them to say it lol..

You told me too early.. I should have been notified no more than a day in advance.. I'm going to be so disappointed.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs
Someone in the other thread brought up the possibility of verification (optical or radio) of the source of the waves. That would actually be a pretty big deal.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I believe frequencies will be brought forth in their findings such as electromagnetic harmonic as well as the repeating of the signature and its duration...
They wouldn't elude to any understanding of any such detected signal of course...
But such a signal being found does not hint to me of a message from extraterrestrial civilizations...
Instead such a signature seems more to me another possible pattern... A new constant such as the speed of light which would be another huge indicator for this reality being little more than a simulation...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

That sounds fun. I like it.

Now I'm really going to be disappointed.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Hey don't let me stop your imagination from doing it's thing...
Gravitational waves could easily be a fingerprint of a
gigantic mothership capable of bending space... time...light... reality...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Stop it.. I'm going to be bored to tears in the fabric of reality..

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I'm going to be bored to tears in the fabric of reality..

How can you be bored by this. As real as it gets. And it's a wave.

edit on 10/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Rocks work fine, trade up kinetically.

MAYBE Jesus ...that would piss them off
edit on 12-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

As for black holes in the future scientists will realize just how they are formed...
They will find that all black holes originate from advanced civilizations whom played with large scale particle accelerators...
The first warning signs detected by said civilizations was increased volcanic and seismic activity combined with erratic global weather patterns which spawned larger and larger storm systems annually... But the real indicator was all the damn sinkholes...

edit on 12-10-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Its not aliens lol

its probably further study on the "gravity waves" they believe originated in the "big bang"

Just watched a show on it last night

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Perhaps they've found that ships that travel at phenomenal speeds (near SOL and SOL+) cause pond-like waves in the otherwise stillness of space and can be traceed directly to their origins. Perhaps they have associated "gravity waves" with some of mysterious signals found with radio telescopes. Yeah. Wild speculations, but then I personally know that UFOs definitely exist and we have been missing an important piece of the puzzle about their being able to be here.

Would they come outright and suggest such or similar associations? No, it would take some reading between the lines.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

its ...further study on the "gravity waves" they believe originated in the "big bang"

unless, the singular Big Bang is wrong...as the infinite Cosmos composed of only a Quantum Reality underwent a epoch of Creation where many Big Bangs, not unlike the Spots on a Leopard's Coat, all spaced some 14 Billion light-years apart from one another, went into Creation mode and 'popped-into-existence' as ever expanding crucibles which Birthed the physical matter universe we are part of. The Gravity Waves we detect are leftovers from the slamming of one physical universe into another, which creates the appearance of a single but lumpy time-space fabric of this Cosmos of several multiverses

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
My guess is they have figured out how to easily detect gravitational waves.

My hope is that they found a way ,using the waves, to better detect habitable worlds.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Maybe the moon isn't what we've been taught to believe it is.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
That is precisely the announcement I am hoping to hear. Precisely indeed. Then we can find where the spaceships are that are cloaked as well.

<<   2 >>

join