It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the twin towers should be rebuilt the same way they were before

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Not by name but certainly by image, an even bigger one was and still is of course the statue of Liberty so in fact new York had two of the most internationally recognised symbols of the US, yes we all know and knew the White house but if you had asked someone to think of a symbol of American number one would have been the statue of Liberty and then at least in some part's it would have been a tug of war between the White house and the Twin Towers.

Now you ask someone about the Canada and most people would say the Maple leaf, Britain would be Big Ben followed by a tug of war between the houses of Parliament (Which is arguably still just Big Ben) and Buckingham palace.

France the Eifel Tower, Germany the Brandenburg Gate etc.

Very few of these with the exception of the Whitehouse and The British Parliament are actually the seat of government or the leaders residence, in fact let's be fair the senate building in Washington with it's iconic dome that is reminiscent of a cathedral is actually far more impressive than the Whitehouse, of course it was PROBABLY modelled at least partially after the masterpiece of St Paul's cathedral in London which opened nearly a hundred years prior though the capitol building is actually far larger as befits the seat of a great nation's government and legislature.
In truth they are nothing alike but that Dome does look suspiciously similar don't you think.
cdn0.vox-cdn.com...
But give the Italian's this, this very little known cathedral - in the rest of the world it is well known in Italy and by architectural historians of course because of it's immense importance - in Florence.
www.obscure.org...

I suppose it is more a case of different images in different people's mind's, mine was an opinion and probably not right so you have the stage and win on that very easily, but to me the twin towers were one of the very first thing's I would think of as a kid when I thought of the US, after the statue of liberty of course and the Whitehouse while it's name was iconic it's image was not so much in MY mind until much later in life when I matured to watching the news.

I would also say since I was a kid who grew up in the 70's and 80's watching The Street's of San Francisco and Kojak on British telly that for me the iconic rolling road's of san Francisco were the car's in those episodes somehow always managed to lose far more than four hub cap's every time there was a chase (which there usually was, or more than one hub cap from the same wheel) along with the golden gate bridge were for me as a kid by far and a way's more recognizable images of the US at that time, so maybe only really me?.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Sorry a typo, I do them all the time being a crud typist, it was meant to read NOW rather than NOT.

<< 1   >>

join