It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody seen MacKiller?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We have reason to believe his account password has been guessed or otherwise hijacked. Until we sort things out, we're placing a temporary ban until we hear from him through alternate channels.

Glad to hear, I was a bit worried ,didn't know him personally but he is by far one of the nicest people here
, i got worried for a sec

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Currently marked as banned.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The mods are having some account problems with his account he'll hopefully be back to normal soon.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Wow..sounds like a good movie story...But why is he removed from the staff list too?

no Mac-Killer...or am I blind?

regards

dc

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It's cause htye banned him temporarily maybe someone accidentaly got his account. It's all coool

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
The mods are having some account problems with his account he'll hopefully be back to normal soon.

Not much point in trying to sound like you've got super secret inside info when an admin says the exact same thing two posts above you.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Just my thoughts on this, but here goes:

I think MacKiller was told by an administrator to not post or go online at all for a few days, and if any account activity was detected then he would be banned due to somebody else using his account. I'm sure once this is all sorted out by the staff he'll be back again, and I hope he gets his mod status back, as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is just great, another reason for me to panic. Well I sure hope that Mackiller comes back soon, he was one of my favorite mods. Does anybody know if ATS has ever had a similar problem before.

Let's just say that somebody got a hold of a mod's email account. From there it's a matter of the forgot password function being put to bad use. My friends have used similar tactics on each other for the hell of it. Anyhow my suggestion is to have a secret password for the staff that can be sent by email. Only to keep people from guessing until they get it or something have it so that Skeptic or someone has to personally verify it so that nobody can just "hack there way onto ATS. To put it briefly I'm suggesting a emergancy staff password that must be verified by skeptic or simon personally.

[edit on 2/14/2005 by cyberdude78]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78

Let's just say that somebody got a hold of a mod's email account. From there it's a matter of the forgot password function being put to bad use.

Just to clarify: you need to supply the correct email address that they signed up with, and after you do that, you need to log into that account, with a password you don't know. It would be a ton easier just to guess at the password itself.

[edit on 2/14/2005 by diehard_democrat]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The black choppers got himand he pressed "the button"

thats nice, now tell me, when are they comming to take you away?
just kiddin, dun worreh, chat would be pretty dull with out you around

Im sure Mac is fine guys, Void went missing for a while because his password was changed, and I switched from Darkwolf3636 to Reikuro cause my password got changed, and the site my email was on stopped posting email.

Im sure he'll be fine guys, so dont worry too much, just remember. La lumière suit peu après l'obscurité. which means The light follows soon after the dark.

so if the dark is mac being away for a while, then the light will be he returns

probably not the best saying I could come up with but Im sick and tired

so dont worry, I assure you he is ok and will come back soon

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dacruz
Wow..sounds like a good movie story...But why is he removed from the staff list too?

the u2u staff script is connected with the staff members.

Example:

say SO going to the admin panel, clicks members, and does a search for what members hesdemoting, once hes selected the status from the drop down, and clicked submit, that member is automactilly removed from the staff list.

This only works for mods and super mods, admin u2u contact have to be manually added.

hope that helps.

-J

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

Not much point in trying to sound like you've got super secret inside info when an admin says the exact same thing two posts above you.

And the point of this post, Delta, was...???

Hope MacKiller is back soon!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yeah,
he should be back soon. ATS is boring without him

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
This is just great, another reason for me to panic. Well I sure hope that Mackiller comes back soon, he was one of my favorite mods. Does anybody know if ATS has ever had a similar problem before.

There was a panic a few months back with Valhall. Her account was all mseesed up and it looked like she was gone. I don't remember the details.
But, she turned back up when whatever got fixed. I wouldn't worry. Yet. (maybe MIB got him
)

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
i think this thread has gone on far enough...

mackiller's account has been compromised and has been banned because of this...

we will be updated when it is all sorted out...

[edit on 19-2-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
and has been on global ignore because of this...

No, no he isnt. Hes just banned. You can still see all his posts.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

No, no he isnt. Hes just banned. You can still see all his posts.

ouch my bad

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I hope hes alright.

Mac was interesting at best, funny at worst. Heres to more of MacKiller!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Seeing as he's Canadian he may just be in mourning at the end of the NHL season.

Seriously gang, just take what SO said on the last page. OK.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join