It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump threatens "challenge" to broadcast networks.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Does one really need an Intellectual discourse about this latest Huuuuge gaff ?

The dictator of the USA,Trump wants to kick TV channel's licenses into touch...presumably the ones he doesn't like....I know, I know, this belongs in Pokes and Juns...doesn't it?

www.aol.co.uk...

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I believe it is a wonderful idea. A lot of these so-called news shows are only taking advantage of the less informed people of the US. That is a despicable act by very despicable groups.Instead of informing the populace , they propagandize everything.
Its all about money .

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Trump does not seem to be aware that TV networks are not licensed. Another one of those complicated things he didn't know about.

edit on 10/11/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I believe it is a wonderful idea. A lot of these so-called news shows are only taking advantage of the less informed people of the US. That is a despicable act by very despicable groups.Instead of informing the populace , they propagandize everything.
Its all about money .

What do you think Trump does? let me guess...going by your assumption...Ah yes! Alternative fake news....ye gods, even Breitbart is complaining.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And he's desperate because he's either a) guilty or b) incompetent.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Trump does not seem to be aware that TV networks are not licensed. Another one of those complicated things he didn't know about.

There is the old Irish saying..one the Scotlanders would also appreciate, "That man doesn't know his arse from his elbow"

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
EVERYTHING is proceeding as planned the THREE "Ls" are in a frenzy Liberals ,Liars and LAWYERS.
THEY are as OCTOPY SQUIRTING their MEDIA INK as they scramble and their like are terrified.
IF you DON'T get that, I don't CARE...
I'm trained to observe and report.
edit on 11-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And he's desperate because he's either a) guilty or b) incompetent.

Or both.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Correct
Mea Culpa! I didn't see it. funny I guess I made a mistake at looking at the top list

edit on 11-10-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Clinton's Telecomminication's Hyper-Corporate Mega-Conglomeration Power Grab & Mind Control Act (CTHCMCPG&MCA) of 1996, and its fallout needs to be blown to smithereens.

Or is multinational corporatism the way of liberals now because Clinton and Gore said so?????

edit on 11-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't think censoring the media is the right course of action, but there are a great many problems with the current model. The biggest problem is the lack of diverse ownership of most media outlets.

What we need to do is create legislation that limits how much media any one person or corporation can own and control. What we need is more voices not less freedom.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I say this isnt enough. destroy the FCC aswell. they have not worked in the interest of the people in decades. read this piece of legislation, the purpose of it, and what actually happened because of such laws being repealed. bring back the fairness doctrine and enforce it across the board i say

Fairness Doctrine

edit on 11-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You are absolutely correct that it is a serious concern that the majority of the media are owned by a very few companies.

That is not a suppression of speech issue, but rather a corporate law issue.
edit on 11-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The Donald is in full battle mode with his compatriots right now.....the MSM portion run by the globalist cabal is being reconnoitered....soon we will see surgical strikes disabeling the major points of interest.......this is not about free speech it is going to be about redefining how we view the impacts of broadcast television and its captive audience....it will be about the implications of private ownership of broadcast networks using television....it will be about preventing furtive psy-op acts of domestic terror designed to undermine America on various levels.

This will never be only about freedom of speech for there is no free speech when any communication medium is privately owned....it is not possible.

Wait until there are new laws surrounding funding and disclosure for small special interest groups which are now being funded with billions of dollars by anti-american influences trying to cause domestic unrest and a lack of national cohesion. .....changes are in progress as we speak.....its game on.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Do you have any sources to back up that meme?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I am guessing you are upset about this because it has Trumps fingerprints on it? And all these years in CT, even right here on ATS I bet, when we asked if anybody would ever do anything about the huge consolidated corporate media markets, ideas like this were not only welcome, they were often lobbied for by a majority.

Now a man of action gets around to it, and it is a problem?? Personally, I think we should make it a law that entertainment and news can no longer be jointly owned by the same groups. You mix news and ent. , suddenly movies and scripted plots are sold to an audience as the truth and factual events. Kind of like has been happening for nearly two decades now.(probably much longer though)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Smurf, you too?

Still being fooled by the WWE Promoter Donald Trump trash talking the media? This is Grand Theatre, not even political, just WWE.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join