It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Opens Investigation into Harvey Weinstein

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Gotta give good ol' Brad Pitt some credit

She described the nauseating experience to Pitt, who confronted Weinstein at a theater premiere. “Brad threatened Harvey,” a source told People magazine. “He got right in his face, poked him in the chest and said, ‘You will not ever do this to Gwyneth ever again!’” “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” star, who grew up in Springfield, Missouri, “made it clear there would be consequences” if Weinstein tried anything again — and “described it as giving Harvey a ‘Missouri whooping,’” according to the source. “He made it absolutely clear this was not going to happen again and it didn’t,” the source told the mag

Though I'm curious what a "Missouri whooping" would entail

I'm not so quick to give him credit. Sure, he pointed his little finger at HW and made him "stop" assaulting ONE person. HW just moved onto the next.

Credit, would have been reporting it to authorities, or breaking a kneecap. A stern tone of voice and a few jabs with a pointy finger is just sad.

The irony is thick here though, that bastion of extreme liberal ideals that is hollywood. Never missing an opportunity to champion their heartfelt cause of equality and womens rights, is actually a huge enabler of that which they hate and protest.

One big giant enabler, they literally have NO right to speak out about such things. But I'll throw them a bone and chaulk some of it up to some form of mass stockholm or mental illness.

Saw a news clip last night with a woman who came forward. She said back when it happened, she had no clue what to do. "Who do you call at the company and talk to, who at weinstein do you talk to about what harvey did". You dumby, you don't call the company. Call the police, file a report, report the crime.

Fin Hollywood, sets off my illogical alarms like nothing else.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Yea, that's why I said some. I have also seen him speak out in support of the second amendment which isn't what your typical Hollywood celebrity would ever do. But I agree with you on the irony of it all.
edit on 12-10-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There are more details emerging all the time, like the entire Weinstein leadership team knowing about the payoffs to keep women quiet and Affleck's indiscretions coming to the fore now too.

Quite an ominous development too in that "Rose McGowan was informed Wednesday that her Twitter account has been suspended as the actress continued to speak out against Harvey Weinstein and others for their sexual misconduct.
“TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED ME. THERE ARE POWERFUL FORCES AT WORK. BE MY VOICE. #ROSEARMY,” McGowan wrote on Instagram to inform her followers of what happened to her Twitter account."

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

This scandal is obviously going to grow...and it appears that there is a DOJ fear that Weinstein may be attempting to leave the country in order to avoid arrest for 'criminal sexual acts'.

Meanwhile a whole lot of important people in Hollywood are making a whole lot of important phone calls. Some of those, you can be sure, are the abused calling the abusers to blackmail them for professional favors in show business. If too many of those calls fail, additional heads will roll. These things come in threes. Cosby, Weinstein, ??

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You are so right, dear theantidiluvian,

What's more, you won't be hearing any fierce tweets about what a monster Harvey Weinstein is, as our dear President has exhibited the exact same behavior, according to the accounts of many women.

Sexu al Assault Comments, "hyperbole"

Donald Trump’s lawyer has claimed his comments about the women who accused him of sexual assault and harassment should not be taken literally.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I've never been a fan of the Daily Mail but props to them for picking up this story.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: IAMTAT

I have a feeling he will take the suicide road, either by choice or force.

He probably has dirt on A LOT of powerful people. A man with nothing left to lose cant be left running around with all that info.

you`re right, all those rich Hollywood folks aren`t going to let that little jew boy take them down, they are rich enough to make sure he dies before he can say anything to police, maybe that`s why he left the country to get "treatment"?
edit on 16-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Harvey Weinstein’s Army of Spies

The film executive hired private investigators, including ex-Mossad agents, to track actresses and journalists.

In the fall of 2016, Harvey Weinstein set out to suppress allegations that he had sexually harassed or assaulted numerous women. He began to hire private security agencies to collect information on the women and the journalists trying to expose the allegations. According to dozens of pages of documents, and seven people directly involved in the effort, the firms that Weinstein hired included Kroll, which is one of the world’s largest corporate-intelligence companies, and Black Cube, an enterprise run largely by former officers of Mossad and other Israeli intelligence agencies. Black Cube, which has branches in Tel Aviv, London, and Paris, offers its clients the skills of operatives “highly experienced and trained in Israel’s elite military and governmental intelligence units,” according to its literature.

Two private investigators from Black Cube, using false identities, met with the actress Rose McGowan, who eventually publicly accused Weinstein of rape, to extract information from her. One of the investigators pretended to be a women’s-rights advocate and secretly recorded at least four meetings with McGowan. The same operative, using a different false identity and implying that she had an allegation against Weinstein, met twice with a journalist to find out which women were talking to the press. In other cases, journalists directed by Weinstein or the private investigators interviewed women and reported back the details.

The explicit goal of the investigations, laid out in one contract with Black Cube, signed in July, was to stop the publication of the abuse allegations against Weinstein that eventually emerged in the New York Times and The New Yorker. Over the course of a year, Weinstein had the agencies “target,” or collect information on, dozens of individuals, and compile psychological profiles that sometimes focussed on their personal or sexual histories. Weinstein monitored the progress of the investigations personally. He also enlisted former employees from his film enterprises to join in the effort, collecting names and placing calls that, according to some sources who received them, felt intimidating.

In some cases, the investigative effort was run through Weinstein’s lawyers, including David Boies, a celebrated attorney who represented Al Gore in the 2000 Presidential-election dispute and argued for marriage equality before the U.S. Supreme Court. Boies personally signed the contract directing Black Cube to attempt to uncover information that would stop the publication of a Times story about Weinstein’s abuses, while his firm was also representing the Times, including in a libel case.

Boies confirmed that his firm contracted with and paid two of the agencies and that investigators from one of them sent him reports, which were then passed on to Weinstein. He said that he did not select the firms or direct the investigators’ work. He also denied that the work regarding the Times story represented a conflict of interest. Boies said that his firm’s involvement with the investigators was a mistake. “We should not have been contracting with and paying investigators that we did not select and direct,” he told me. “At the time, it seemed a reasonable accommodation for a client, but it was not thought through, and that was my mistake. It was a mistake at the time.”

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join