It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Opens Investigation into Harvey Weinstein

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well, this is a welcome development.
This scandal is obviously going to grow...and it appears that there is a DOJ fear that Weinstein may be attempting to leave the country in order to avoid arrest for 'criminal sexual acts'.

EXCLUSIVE: Trump's Justice Department moves on Harvey Weinstein and orders FBI to open probe over fears he will 'do a Polanski'

The FBI has opened an investigation into Harvey Weinstein, DailyMail.com has exclusively learned.

DailyMail.com understands the move came at the behest of the Department of Justice, run by Donald Trump's Attorney General Jeff Sessions, which instructed the bureau to investigate the mounting allegations leveled at the movie mogul.

The move by the DOJ came amid rumors that Weinstein plans to head to Europe for sex rehab – leading to fears of a Roman Polanski-style situation where he dodges prosecution in the U.S.

The FBI can both look at whether he has committed any federal crimes in the U.S. and prepare extradition proceedings if he remains in Europe.

Among the allegations against Weinstein, which the FBI is expected to examine, is that he forced Lucia Evans, a student who wanted to be an actress, to perform oral sex on him in New York in 2004.

New York State has no statute of limitations on rape and criminal sexual acts - its legal term for forced oral or anal intercourse.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 11-10-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I hope these Hollywood movie moguls are freaking out. I am sure there are quite a few abusers.

www.ranker.com...

edit on 11-10-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
IMHO, this just means the PTB are trying to control the fallout.
edit on 10/11/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
From the OP article:

Hollywood powerhouse Weinstein has traveled the globe promoting his movies and the belief is that he could have committed sex crimes in several countries.

So far five accusers have given accounts of attacks in France, while allegations of attacks in London have also surfaced – any of which could lead to charges there. The FBI has field offices in both countries and could assist prosecutors there with their cases.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It's a weird revelation...which seems odd to me as I am not aware of any criminal charges being filed.
Also, it appears HW hasn't yet left the country.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Well,well,well.
I wager there are many more
behind door number one,two,
and three.

S&F

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I'm sorry.

I only watch MSM.

Why are you saying bad things about Jesus?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm sorry.

I only watch MSM.

Why are you saying bad things about Jesus?

Russians made me do it.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

In all seriousness, if Hillary had been elected, Harvey Weinstein would have been nominated for a cabinet post.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I think you may be right about that.

But it wont stop with him now, imo. The pitchforks are set....and frankly, on this issue, that's a good thing.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Speaking of things the Russians made you do, have you noticed from the Weinstein tape that his justification to the model he groped sounds a lot like Donald Trump's Access Hollywood bragging?

"I'm used to it"
"I'm a very famous guy"
"When you're a star, they let you do it"

edit on 2017-10-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I have what's probably going to be a stupid question, but the thought popped into my head after reading the OP.

Let's say that Weinstein were to flee to a non extridition country due to a FBI investigation, but one of the women that he assaulted was either from that country or he assaulted someone while in that country, could he be charged with the crime?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Speaking of things the Russians made you do, have you noticed from the Weinstein tape that his justifications to the model he groped sounds a lot like Donald Trump's Access Hollywood bragging?

"I'm used to it"
"I'm a very famous guy"
"When you're a star, they let you do it"

Not nyet,
But, I assumed you'd step in sooner, rather than later, to deflect to Trump...and I''ve not been disappointed.

You're getting too predictable, AD....but I love how you write, so please continue to have at it.

For my part, I'll just stay on topic.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainyState

I have what's probably going to be a stupid question, but the thought popped into my head after reading the OP.

Let's say that Weinstein were to flee to a non extridition country due to a FBI investigation, but one of the women that he assaulted was either from that country or he assaulted someone while in that country, could he be charged with the crime?

Good question...I'm not sure, but I believe he could be charged.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Oh, I wasn't deflecting. Harvey Weinstein is, just by what's on that tape, clearly a sleazy piece of s#. It seems obvious that a lot of people were complicit in allowing him to continue preying on women. Like a LOT. Because that's what rich people in positions of power and influence can often get away with. Particularly people who have the power to make or break careers which is why I see the closest parallel from recent years to be Roger Ailes.

I hope he loses everything, absolutely everything. And if at all possible, that he's prosecuted.
edit on 2017-10-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

This could get interesting.
Will he spill the beans on other powerful Hollywood elites to get a reduced sentence?
Will names of actors come out that were aware of his deeds?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sounds a lot like a former president with a cigar fetish.
To bad his victims never got justice.

Some of these powerful men seem get get away with almost anything.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Oh, I wasn't deflecting.

Lol

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

creator of family guy let him have it a few years back.

edit on 11-10-2017 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It shudda happened a long time ago! But then, there were a lot of payoffs besides the rest...familar sounding isn't it!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join