It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Slavery Adventure Simulation Game Causes Outcry at Elementary School

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

A video game IS NOT the way to discuss this with elementary kids. My guess is this is a cheap trick by a SJW teacher who knows everything.

Why not??? At least they'll pay attention to it this way.

No different than Oregon Trail. That didn't really teach anyone what it was like to Wagon Trail either. It just approximates it to some degree. Same here.

Besides, kids aren't playing it to learn anyway. To them it's a game. Just like every other War game out there which should be equally disturbing to you.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Slavery is not a video game. It seems to cheapen the injustice done. This is not Oregon Trail.
The material in the game is not elementary level info, you know the slave beatings and all.

Besides, kids aren't playing it to learn anyway. To them it's a game. Just like every other War game out there which should be equally disturbing to you.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Slavery is not a video game. It seems to cheapen the injustice done. This is not Oregon Trail.
The material in the game is not elementary level info, you know the slave beatings and all.

Either you can teach about slavery in an honest way, or not. If they plan on teaching about it you have to include the truth or why bother??

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

These are elementary school kids, how much teaching "honesty" do we do? And when the school does not know how the kids were playing slave games tells a story in it's self.

Slavery was not a game, this approach trivializes the subject.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So it's not the school using it then.

So what's the problem??? Who are you mad at???

The kids apparently took it upon themselves.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

These were unauthorized uses in the elementary school.

You are guessing at how these games were being played, my guess is a teacher was allowing this. And yes it is a guess.

Again the subject of a video game for grades 1-5 should not be slavery.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Tardacus

The video game includes random slave beatings. This is not elementary school materiel.

confederate statues include nobody getting beat or enslaved but apparently we have to get rid of them.people are retarded,it must be all those GMO`s they are eating.
edit on 12-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's a game that uses historical references in it's play. It has multiple kid perspectives ie; a Native American, a a young Jewish girl Immigrating and the Slave storyline that I know of.

.....Remember these are the same kids sexting each other and taking photos of their junk to send to their boyfriend and girlfriends that you don't even know about. The same ones who run over hookers and beat people up to streak their cars in GTA.

I think this tiny little game won't harm them much.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: eNumbra

So you like it, and that means everyone elses kids should undergo the program?

Do you not see the supremacism of that logic?

I disagreed with the statement that was quoted.
Nothing more.

If you want to stuff that statement with whatever ignorant assumptions you can come up with go ahead. I hope you don’t regret your abhorant level of ignorant behavior on your death bed.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
this is OK? but a harmless statue of a confederate soldier needs to be done away with? People are insane!

There is no need for a confederate statues in public(except meseums). However there is a need to show the mistreatment of people throughout history. This game is just a bad way to do it. At least, in my opinion.
edit on 12-10-2017 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well, on the otherside of the argument, schools have been known for dumbing down history. Columbus was a hero that founded America (a continent with people already on it). It was only till I was an adult that I started learning the truth of history.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: Tardacus
this is OK? but a harmless statue of a confederate soldier needs to be done away with? People are insane!

There is no need for a confederate statues in public(except meseums). However there is a need to show the mistreatment of people throughout history. This game is just a bad way to do it. At least, in my opinion.

yeah you`re probably right, it`s probably far more damaging to kids to see a confederate statue displayed in public than it is for them to play a virtual reality game (in a public school ) which actually allows them to OWN a slave.
seeing statue might cause them to ask questions but actually owning a slave is far better and removes all those ucomfortable questions,that liberals don`t want to answer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join