It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharmacist hints some Congress members have Alzheimer’s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
A brief article in the New York Post (web version) makes a claim that (if true) could explain a lot. Alzheimer's disease is nothing to joke about, and probably most of us here on ATS have had personal experience with the pain that this causes both the afflicted and their friends and family. My grandfather had it and my father has it. I worry that someday I too may be diagnosed.

SOURCE

A pharmacist who fills all the scripts for Congress members says he’s given Alzheimer’s drugs to lawmakers — who may be running the country minus their marbles. “At first it’s cool, and then you realize, I’m filling some drugs that are for some pretty serious health problems as well. And these are the people that are running the country,” Mike Kim told STAT News, reportedly citing diabetes and Alzheimer’s treatments. “It makes you kind of sit back and say, ‘Wow, they’re making the highest laws of the land and they might not even remember what happened yesterday.’” Kim owns Grubb’s Pharmacy, a 150-year-old DC drugstore that delivers as many as many as 100 prescriptions a day to Capitol Hill, the outlet reports. But sometimes politicians come in person to pick up their pills.

I wasn't able to find any further corroborating evidence of the pharmacists statements, so I can't tell if this is just more fake news or not. What do you people think? If a member of congress is diagnosed with Alzheimer's or another disease that affects mental capacity, judgement, decision making, memory, etc., should they be forced (or asked) to step down?

Grubb's Pharmacy
edit on 10112017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I saw this on Drudge.
I'm sure Pelosi is happy they didn't mention her name.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This tends to support my theory that pork causes Alzheimer's. After all, who is more traditionally into pork than the U.S. Congress?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Legislators with a degenerative cognitive disease? Let me just say , "Like, DUH!"

They could just be drunken, corrupt, ignorant, stupid, mean a-holes, too, I guess.
edit on 10/11/2017 by Baddogma because: auto correct was not, in fact, correct

edit on 10/11/2017 by Baddogma because: try #2

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
A brief article in the New York Post (web version) makes a claim that (if true) could explain a lot. Alzheimer's disease is nothing to joke about, and probably most of us here on ATS have had personal experience with the pain that this causes both the afflicted and their friends and family. My grandfather had it and my father has it. I worry that someday I too may be diagnosed.

SOURCE

A pharmacist who fills all the scripts for Congress members says he’s given Alzheimer’s drugs to lawmakers — who may be running the country minus their marbles. “At first it’s cool, and then you realize, I’m filling some drugs that are for some pretty serious health problems as well. And these are the people that are running the country,” Mike Kim told STAT News, reportedly citing diabetes and Alzheimer’s treatments. “It makes you kind of sit back and say, ‘Wow, they’re making the highest laws of the land and they might not even remember what happened yesterday.’” Kim owns Grubb’s Pharmacy, a 150-year-old DC drugstore that delivers as many as many as 100 prescriptions a day to Capitol Hill, the outlet reports. But sometimes politicians come in person to pick up their pills.

I wasn't able to find any further corroborating evidence of the pharmacists statements, so I can't tell if this is just more fake news or not. What do you people think? If a member of congress is diagnosed with Alzheimer's or another disease that affects mental capacity, judgement, decision making, memory, etc., should they be forced (or asked) to step down?

Grubb's Pharmacy

Reagan was the classic example:

www.theguardian.com...

uk.businessinsider.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yeah...Trump has it....so why not?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Term limits.
Long overdue.

S&F

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

And replace old crazy assholes with new ones.

Brilliant.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Legislators with a degenerative cognitive disease? Let me just say , "Like, DUH!"

They could just be drunken, corrupt, ignorant, stupid, mean a-holes, too, I guess.

Even worse when they are afflicted with all
Some names do come to mind...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well I think that goes without saying.

A huge chunk of them are in their late 70s and early 80s. A lot of them have held their post for 30-40 years, and probably should've retired at the turn of the millennium.

This happens when you have an oligarchical system that fears change. The same thing happened in the Soviet Union during Brezhnev's era. The average age of the Politburo was 75 by 1980. New blood represents new ideas which the establishment is opposed to.

Since most of these walking fossils have the total backing of their respective party establishments the only way to get rid of them is to wait for them to die off.

They won't resign willingly since they have became very comfortable with their position.

edit on -050007pm10kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
shoot remember when ted kennedy had brain cancer and was going through all kinds of crazy treatments yet he was still a us senator? im sure many of these people have issues that should make them ineligible for their positions but they make the laws and whos going to make a law that gets them fired.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Not necessarily.
Your pessimism is noted.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Which explains both why Bernie was torpedoed by his own party and why they all hate Trump so much. Neither one played their way up through the establishment system. Oh, Bernie came closest, but he wasn't on the presidential career track and tried to upend it once he realized he had a bit of a populist thing going. He fell back in line quick enough once the writing was spelled out to him though.

top topics

join