It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to Donald Trump he has one of the highest IQs. Wait, what?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

If the media were doing their job they would have been hounding the public of the consequences of a possible Trump EO nonstop for months before he tried it.
They're supposed to predict what Trump is going to to next? Trump? Mr. "You'll see. Believe me. You'll find out."

They don't seem to care about swaying popular opinion on important issues by putting hard work over extended time.

I thought they weren't supposed to sway popular opinion.

edit on 10/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Lock her up was pure genius, IQ off the charts, Trump hit a home run with that one.

He certainly did. He hit another with his 'build a wall.' Total genius because his voters wanted it and he was telling them anything to gain popularity. Where is it again?

"You'll see. You'll see. It's going to be beautiful! So good."

It's so good it will get him elected again. The average American can see plain as day the GOP and the DEMS are working against him, he hardly even has to make any effort to support that case. It's going to be an easy reelection.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus

Let's see... Trump outsmarted the Democrats. Trump outsmarted the Republicans. Trump outsmarted leftist Berniebots. Trump outsmarted the deepstate. Trump outsmarted the media. Trump has numerous successful businesses. Trump is the president of the United States despite all odds. Yep, he's stupid alright!

I don't think you have to have a very high IQ to do most of that. I've already admitted that Donald Trump has other characteristics that have allowed him to accomplish what he has.

But to outsmart all of those people you list, the most useful characteristics is to be a highly-proficient pathological liar. And Trump is world class in that regard.

-dex

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Are you sure? There were Democrats who voted for him. And there were Republicans who held their noses to vote for him. And Independents who wouldn't vote for Hillary.

I wouldn't be so sure that his base is enough. But you are. You are both sure, and his base.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If the media were doing their job they would have been hounding the public of the consequences of a possible Trump EO nonstop for months before he tried it.
They're supposed to predict what Trump is going to to next? Trump? Mr. "You'll see."

They don't seem to care about swaying popular opinion on important issues by putting hard work over extended time.

I thought they weren't supposed to sway popular opinion.

Presenting facts and scenarios is too much effort for a complicated subject like trade policy, best go with Russia, or who will Trump fire next.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Presenting facts and scenarios is too much effort for a complicated subject like trade policy

How far back would you like to go with coverage of Trump and NAFTA? There's a time line thingy in that link I gave you.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Are you sure? There were Democrats who voted for him. And there were Republicans who held their noses to vote for him. And Independents who wouldn't vote for Hillary.

I wouldn't be so sure that his base is enough. But you are. You are both sure, and his base.

Nothing is sure, but the best thing Trump had going for him was a loser like Hillary was trying to pretend she was popular. If the Dems find a political prodigy all bets are off, but their ranks are filled with new school activists who are way too radical and the old floaters that just won't flush are too out of touch.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Presenting facts and scenarios is too much effort for a complicated subject like trade policy

How far back would you like to go with coverage of Trump and NAFTA? There's a time line thingy in that link I gave you.

Did they give it the "Russia" treatment? I must have missed that along with the rest of America.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Did they give it the "Russia" treatment?
I don't know what you mean. But NAFTA has been in the media for quite a while. Talking about what Trump might do. Just like you want them to do.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Trump was cruising his queen around the board with one hand on her privies.

Out of everything you said, I can definitely say that I at least agree with that statement.

-dex

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I don't know what you mean. But NAFTA has been in the media for quite a while. Talking about what Trump might do. Just like you want them to do.

Weak feint, pretending not to know what a "Russia" treatment is. America was watching, they know.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Weak feint, pretending not to know what a "Russia" treatment is. America was watching, they know.
That makes less sense than usual.
NAFTA has been in the media since Trump took the presidency.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

The funny thing is that what you're attributing to Trump's yuge intellect is actually just something he learned from Roy Cohn. In fact, much of what is associated with his persona he developed from that relationship. From his penchant for vexatious litigation to his interactions with the media — which aren't entirely dissimilar in design.

I like this example from Roy Cohn's obituary in the NYT.

ROY COHN, AIDE TO McCARTHY AND FIERY LAWYER, DIES AT 59

On June 23, near death with what he said was liver cancer, Mr. Cohn was disbarred from the practice of law in New York State. In a unanimous decision, a five-judge panel of the Appellate Division of State Supreme Court said his conduct in four legal matters was ''unethical,'' ''unprofessional'' and, in one case, ''particularly reprehensible.'' Allegations Called Smears

Mr. Cohn denied that there was any substance to the allegations and contended that his disbarment was the result of a smear campaign engineered by his enemies - ''a bunch of yo-yos'' - because ''the establishment bar hates my guts.''

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The funny thing is that what you're attributing to Trump's yuge intellect is actually just something he learned from Roy Cohn. In fact, much of what is associated with his persona he developed from that relationship. From his penchant for vexatious litigation to his interactions with the media — which aren't entirely dissimilar in design.

I like this example from Roy Cohn's obituary in the NYT.

ROY COHN, AIDE TO McCARTHY AND FIERY LAWYER, DIES AT 59

On June 23, near death with what he said was liver cancer, Mr. Cohn was disbarred from the practice of law in New York State. In a unanimous decision, a five-judge panel of the Appellate Division of State Supreme Court said his conduct in four legal matters was ''unethical,'' ''unprofessional'' and, in one case, ''particularly reprehensible.'' Allegations Called Smears

Mr. Cohn denied that there was any substance to the allegations and contended that his disbarment was the result of a smear campaign engineered by his enemies - ''a bunch of yo-yos'' - because ''the establishment bar hates my guts.''

You do realize, that sounds like Hillary more than Trump, vast right wing conspiracy is her go to thing.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Lock her up was pure genius, IQ off the charts, Trump hit a home run with that one.

He certainly did. He hit another with his 'build a wall.' Total genius because his voters wanted it and he was telling them anything to gain popularity. Where is it again?

"You'll see. You'll see. It's going to be beautiful! So good."

It's so good it will get him elected again. The average American can see plain as day the GOP and the DEMS are working against him, he hardly even has to make any effort to support that case. It's going to be an easy reelection.

He's not getting re-elected again. The broader question is where are the successors? There are no contenders waiting in the wings. Hillary's lingering like the smell of dirty laundry, but she's got no chance either.

Have either party learned their lessons here? People wanted 'change' under Obama and they wanted 'change' with Trump. Looks like they're all still waiting. Setting aside the -/+ 30% Trump core, there's likely to be a majority of cross-party voters who still want change.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Please no Hillary again. Please.

The Clintons need to go away. Whether it's deserved or not, I blame them for crushing virtually every up & coming Democratic would-be leader on the national level. Their stranglehold on the national Democratic Party has to end. Even someone like Martin O'Malley would've been an infinitely better candidate than Hillary.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Clinton will not be the Democratic nominee even if she runs.

Believe me.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

She's done and doesn't have the "IQ" to know it.

Coincidentally, Hillary's on the BBC this morning saying she's giving all of Weinstein's election donations to charity. It's a redundant gesture as she tries to polish her profile and stay relevant. She says stuff like that and I bet most people are thinking, 'Didn't Bill exploit his power to get BJs off young women too?'

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sorry man, but I'll only believe that when she officially retires from politics for good and doesn't run in 2020.

Right after the disastrous 2016 elections, a lot of people on the Left initially thought that Hillary was done for good. There was a lot of finger pointing & the Clinton machine was bearing the brunt of it. But then the overall voting tallies came out & as her popular vote victory increased in size, the pro-Hillary camp got new life. And after the various hacking-related info started coming out, their voices got louder. And when it turned out that Jill Stein & Gary Johnson's votes in several key swing States were the difference in a Hillary victory and a Hillary loss, the pro-Hillary wing was fully revived.

Even now, they believe she won but had the election stolen from her. They still praise her every utterance on those pro-Democratic sites & seem to believe that she'd win if she ran again. So no, until Hillary herself simply refuses to file her candidacy for the 2020 elections, I'll still fear that she'll try one last time.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I didn't say she won't run.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join