It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to Donald Trump he has one of the highest IQs. Wait, what?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
a reply to: DexterRiley

I have to ask, one of the highest amongst whom?

This is a simple misunderstanding. The President was referring to his Inanity Quotient, measured as the ratio of dumb things said to smart things said. I mean, everyone has to excel at something, right?

Thank you for the answer! Now I understand. We all have our gifts. However, this strikes me as being a behavior that is contraindicated in a president.

-dex

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I don't think he was the smartest, I also cannot remember him try to convince everyone he was, you got a real insecure fellow presently sitting in office.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: FyreByrd

I already researched this smartarse. 148 is about the lowest I could estimate his IQ at. It's more than likely a few points higher...

Can you provide some links to the basis of your research? If your conclusion is valid, another person using the same input parameters should arrive at a similar result.

-dex

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

He used the "pin the tail on the donkey" quotient.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill
Trump is playing 3D chess while everyone else is playing checkers...

Does trump even know how to play regular chess?

I mean if you set up a chessboard before him and asked him to play would he know how to play the game.

Hard for me to picture trump as a chess player.

I could be wrong and maybe he is a real Bobby Fischer when it comes to chess but somehow I doubt it.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
He must be a pretty sharp guy judging by where he is now and what he's done with his life.

Stupid people do not rise to such positions by sheer dumb luck.

Trump is not an idiot by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't necessarily disagree with that. I believe I said so in my OP.

However, "IQ" theoretically relates to base level intellect. And, I really don't see any indication that Trump is an intellectual by any stretch of the imagination.

-dex

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Yep. There are a lot of good actors out there that can effectively play the part of a moron.

I've heard an old saying that "it takes somebody smart to play somebody dumb on TV."

Unfortunately, I'm not convinced Trump is playing the part.

-dex

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexpmi
I'm sure he remembers his name, well most of the times at least

Well that's a start. I remember a long time ago that they would start you out with 400 points on the SAT test if you could remember your name.

-dex

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I don't think he is a complete moron(like's to play the part though) and I also don't think he is any kind of genius
Is he good at some thing's..sure, but it doesn't make one a genius.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm sure trump is smart in a shrewd rutheless way with in his own business but that does not translate to the office of president.

Trump was the unquestionable boss of his company and now he is getting a fast and hard lesson in civics that being the us president is not the same thing as being the unquestionable boss of your own company.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
IQ's are like penises.

Some are big, some are not.

Regardless, it's what you do with it that counts.

Well to build on that simile, one could argue that on the continuum of IQ sizes, sometimes the IQ may be either too small, or too large to get the job done right.

-dex

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

A braggart who is telling the truth would back it up. He would publish the results of his test. He would publish his membership in MENSA.

And if he wasn't a member he would contact them and arrange to take their IQ test rather than just bragging bragging bragging.

And then he would publish the results. That can be done in an hour or two. He is the president and I am sure that the MENSA folk would be glad to come to him and monitor his test..

MENSA's already onboard.

Mensa offers to host IQ test for Trump and Tillerson

Battle Of The Brains? Mensa Offers IQ Test For Trump And Tillerson

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think he meant "Idiocy Quotient."

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

edit on 11-10-2017 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

There are plenty of people right here on ATS that are very eloquent but clearly lack in the IQ department.

An interesting thought. So, presumably these ATS citizens posses a high level of verbal reasoning ability. What elements of actual intellect do they lack?

-dex

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

LMAO, they should do it PPV.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Now you're talking lol. If they donate the proceeds to cleanup from the recent hurricanes, it'll be a success for everyone.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I think Trump's IQ, ummm...Probably is in the high 60's

Interesting. I do know a few people with IQ's in the high 60's. But that's mainly because they were survivors of the High 60's. (i.e., 1960's)

-dex

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

There are plenty of people right here on ATS that are very eloquent but clearly lack in the IQ department.

An interesting thought. So, presumably these ATS citizens posses a high level of verbal reasoning ability. What elements of actual intellect do they lack?

-dex

Basic common sense and critical thinking skills.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
You have to understand that Trump does have a high IQ - in his own universe. You know, the one where Nambia is a country and Putin is a God.

Ah yes. I remember seeing a documentary about the Trump Universe.

The parayer:

The heavens declare the glory of the Bomb,
and the firmament showeth His handiwork.
I reveal my Inmost Self unto my God.
Unto my God.

-dex

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join