It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to Donald Trump he has one of the highest IQs. Wait, what?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PassiveInductor

One thing I will say IMO it was idiocy of him to bring IQ scores into the discussion. But maybe that is not a strong indicator of whether he will ultimately be an effective leader. Time will tell (presuming we have any time left!)

Unfortunately, I think it demonstrates, once again, that he has some inflated beliefs about himself that aren't exactly accurate. And his immense ego won't let him play second fiddle to anyone, even if he has to lie to himself to prove it.

-dex

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The estate tax only applies to extremely rich people. Yet us peasants are still required to pay gift taxes...

The gift-tax/estate-tax issues are actually supposed to be linked. The gift tax exists to keep taxpayers from circumventing the estate tax.

So, if the estate tax is repealed, then there really is no reason for the gift tax to exist. I wonder what the reasoning is behind that move? Has the administration provided any explanation?

Had he simply invested his daddycs money in the S&P 500 he would be wealthier.
Paris Hilton has grown her daddy's money at a faster rate than Trump.

I've heard that. Do you have a link handy? That's good information to have on hand for future debates.

-dex

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
An IQ in the 150's is consistent with Trump's marks to get into Wharton.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigrex

The article I linked in the OP from the Mirror discusses his Wharton connection:

Wharton has a very famous business school, particularly known for its MBA course - which Trump did not take. He took some Wharton classes, but he graduated from Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of Science degree in economics and anthropology.

Plus, the original article estimates Trump's IQ based on Wharton's admissions requirements. But Trump didn't go through the usual admissions process - he transferred to Wharton from the main Pennsylvania intake part way through his first year, the conditions for which are less rigorous.

Not being a Wharton MBA graduate doesn't automatically make Trump a dummy. University of Pennsylvania is a highly regarded, Ivy League school. But Trump has never released his High School or College Transcripts, so it's impossible to tell how he got in to the school or got on while he was there.

He didn't make the 'Dean's List' - a list of students recognised for academic achievement. And he didn't graduate with any kind of honours.

The article concludes that Donald Trump's IQ is likely in the 120-130 range. Which is still a respectable level, but not anywhere near a genius level IQ.

-dex

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigrex

Heck, no.

Wharton accepts anybody that either has passed the GMAT, or completed a BSc or similar. Non-natives need to pass a TOEFL language test. You need to write a few essays to motivate your application and of course pay money to apply, and if accepted, study there. Their education will set you back almost 200.000 dollars. If you have that, and pass their tests - which can be passed by anybody with average or better intelligence and the will to study - you're in.

And I'm not sure what type of scale you're using, but 150 is waaaaaaay out there on the sunny side of the Bell curve. This is the classification of IQ's:

130+: Very superior intelligence
120-129: Superior
110-119: Above average
90-109: Average

So, 150 .. nah, I don't think so.

Also, what is needed to complete a study depends on the TYPE of study and that often matches the TYPE of intelligence. E.g. it often takes superiour intelligence to obtain a physics grade. But people with average intelligence can - ON AVERAGE - succesfully finish a MBA. Hence we have a lot of MBA's on this world, not that many physicists.

Again, everything you can observe around Trump indicates that he probably would score quite average on most IQ tests. Which is sufficient to finish Wharton.

Finally, a quote: "IQ isn't a property of people, it's a metric we invented to attempt to index some attribute that may or may not exist and may or may not be stable in people." Hence, people with superiour intelligence (or better) don't brag about their high IQ's.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join