It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to Donald Trump he has one of the highest IQs. Wait, what?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The 45th, and final, president of the United States is obsessed with his IQ. His latest mention of his "high IQ" came just a day ago when he challenged Secretary of State Tillerson to an IQ showdown. Those responsible for cleaning up the messes he continually creates whenever he opens his mouth have claimed that Mr. Trump was just joking. Well, maybe.

But, let's look at the real story behind his claims. And then review some speculation about what his real IQ may be.

First, there's a CNN article that lists 22 quotes of the President relating to his very high IQ: Donald Trump's IQ obsession, in 22 quotes. One of quotes mentioned is:

"Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure,it's not your fault" (May 8, 2013)
I have to ask, one of the highest amongst whom?

A Prntly article quotes the Intel Institute (whatever that is) as estimating Donald Trump's IQ at 156. Only slightly lower than Albert Einstein at 160. In the same article, the distinguished scientists at said organization called Barack Obama mentally challenged at an IQ of only 102. I'm not really familiar with "Prntly." Are they anything like the parody website, The Onion?

The UK website, The Mirror does a bit more in-depth analysis. They came to the conclusion that his IQ is likely more in the 120-130 range. While that is a respectable level of intelligence, I think they are being a bit optimistic.

The Nation Review suggested that maybe someone should take up Trumps IQ score challenge. They also said:

To no one’s great surprise, it was reported that the secretary of state, in his frustration, had described the president as a “moron.” Tillerson resorted to a Washingtonian standard, the non-denial denial, and sources close to the matter affirmed his denial: He hadn’t called the president a “moron,” they said; he called him “a f***ing imbecile.
An imbecile is slightly lower in the old IQ range than moron.

In addition to the Secretary of State, Mr. Tillerson, Mr. Trump has indicated that his IQ is higher than a number of notable people; including Mark Cuban and John Stewart. Both of these men are eloquent speakers, with a broad vocabulary and complete command of the English language. I'm just going to chuckle to myself and just say "no."

Now, let me give credit where credit is due. I don't believe that Donald Trump has a high IQ. It's probably closer to above average, but certainly not genius. However, he is a good businessman. He has made his name a household word. And then parlayed that fame into an immense wealth-generator. He has taken the small fortune that he inherited and made himself one of the richest and most famous men in the world. He has a forceful personality and a unique way of looking at things.

But, intellectual he is not. Not even close.

Into the Mud Pit
I figured there would be much venom exchanged about this topic, so I selected the Mud Pit as the proper venue for this thread. This is not exactly my favorite place to hang out here on ATS. In fact, I believe the brown stuff euphemistically referred to as mud is actually made up of more fecal matter than soil.

So, having said that, let the feces fly!

-dex

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

This has already been discussed and by my calculations, his IQ is about 148.

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

So eloquence = Higher IQ?

Anyone that thinks Trump is a dummy is a dummy.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Very true. I think it's hilarious when people call him a moron.

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Trump outsmarted both parties together less than a year ago. I think he's right.

edit on 11-10-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Pretty stupid of him to call himself any less than he is...so that proves it right there.

If you've got it, flaunt it.

peace

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

A braggart who is telling the truth would back it up. He would publish the results of his test. He would publish his membership in MENSA.

And if he wasn't a member he would contact them and arrange to take their IQ test rather than just bragging bragging bragging.

And then he would publish the results. That can be done in an hour or two. He is the president and I am sure that the MENSA folk would be glad to come to him and monitor his test..

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Trump is savvy enough too drink the bottled water , not the fluoridated tap emulsions...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I GOT 115 what HIS score?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

anyone who thinks that anyone that thinks Trump is a dummy, is a dummy...is a real dummy!

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

This has already been discussed and by my calculations, his IQ is about 148.

By 'your calculations' -- LOL

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein

people of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is.

The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude.

Without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.[1]

I believe the above may apply in both cases.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill
Trump is savvy enough too drink the bottled water , not the fluoridated tap emulsions...

Funny that, I heard he got his bottled water from Del Boy!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

AND bitterly poor.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I already researched this smartarse. 148 is about the lowest I could estimate his IQ at. It's more than likely a few points higher...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

"IQ's am gooder to justify peoples brains."
-DBCowboy

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Trump has a high IQ.

But, he hides it very well.

edit on 11-10-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I have to ask, one of the highest amongst whom?

This is a simple misunderstanding. The President was referring to his Inanity Quotient, measured as the ratio of dumb things said to smart things said. I mean, everyone has to excel at something, right?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Also, you're only attacking me because you're still pissed that I destroyed you in another thread...

edit on 11-10-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yup, he said 148 IQ, Come at me bro!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Lololol

"He's not a dummy, you're a dummy!"

I remember when I was in grade school

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join