It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shape of the Universe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I asked my friend this very question and he told me when ever he images what the universe is shaped like he eventually runs into a wall of "sand" and that he just images sand all of a sudden in the universe lol. No he doesn't smoke or drink. He told me he has always just seen that since he was a little kid.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
click on my signature where it says Nikola Tesla, tesla had intteresting theory on this.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Because as far as can be discerned the Universe is expanding in all directions Uniformly the best analogy is our 3D Universe is the surface of a 4D sphere.

This could of course be merely local to the 26 billion light years we can see.

Further, i now feel quite sure that all the Gravity warping of that 4D sphere goes in the same direction. Either all towards the center of the 4D sphere or away. Because Gravity is always an additive and not sometimes plus and sometimes minus when two mass/gravity warps interact they must warp in the same direction.

I will say I think it is more likely towards the center [This i have little rational basis for] perhaps because things like black holes [extreme gravity wells] slow time and therefore tend to exist in the past. For an expanding sphere that position would be towards the center.

While im blowing hard here i will also say that i don't think going into the sphere will take us into our own past or outward will take us into our own future. I think the past and future transcept is from a different dimension altogether. For this i have absolutely no evidence to that effect though. I very easily could be mistaken in this guess.

There may be an infinite number of concentric Univerese being generated from the same source point at the center of the 4D sphere. If they are the nearby ones may have very similar physics. This is of course is just my fantasy in action.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Take an inflatable toy ballon,

Blow it up.

This is the shape of the universe. with every point moving away from every other at the same rate.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobsa
Take an inflatable toy ballon,

Blow it up.

This is the shape of the universe. with every point moving away from every other at the same rate.

You've got to take into account the red-shift and the blue-shift.

While some parts of the universe may look as though as they're moving away from us, other parts look as though they're moving towards us.

Our Earth circles the Sun and our Solar System circles the center of the Milky Way.

Our local cluster has got to revolve around a center point (it just seems logical) and all the galaxies must have a center to revolve around.

Given this, how can two galxies collide with one another if the universe is supposedly in motion around a fixed center.

The trajectory of two colliding galaxies indicate that their may be two or more fixed centers on which everything revolves around.

Umm, my head's starting to hurt!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
its shap is a flat line that keeps streching

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If we know the shape of the Universe, wouldn't that mean that we could know what is outside the Universe?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
at one time we did not know the shape of our planet and we did not know what was outside the planet
now we know the shape of our planet and we know what is outside the planet
i cant imagne what we will know when we know the shape of the universe
:bar f:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Whats wrong with the ideas of nothingness, and multiple endless universes? Did you ever stop to think of the possibility?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
What is the shape of the universe? Would it be a sphere using the big bang theory? Or would i be an exact shape like a cube? What are some idea that have been thrown out on the subject? Could it be that the universe is a shape that we have not concieved????

It would be the shape of earth, it would be the size of earth too....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: The_Final
What is the shape of the universe? Would it be a sphere using the big bang theory? Or would i be an exact shape like a cube? What are some idea that have been thrown out on the subject? Could it be that the universe is a shape that we have not concieved????

the universe shape is consistent with a popped kernel of popcorn....
but it must also have a hole/void in it

here are two fuzzy pics (sorry no costly Go-Pro stuff in my bag)

just a slightly different profile...
note that no part of the actual physical / matter universe is more than 14+ Billion Light Years deep

but the complete structure is some 36 billion light-years big... both in the vertical and horizontal axis'
the general 'Donut' shape fits well with the Homer Simpson Theory/Hypothesis

glad I finally bought popcorn & the first bag cooked gave me this fine example to share with ya'll

25 oct 2015... you have been enlightened

can or will someone at ATS focus or crisp up the image so you can see the contorted/jagged parts of this kernel that mimics the shape of the much larger Observable Universe--------------- thank you very much

edit on th31144580252925482015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Probably fluid and not so structurally ridged too I'd image. So when the scientist said that the universe is shrinking what they were really witnessing was a fluid universe. Which means our Universe could simply be a bubble floating around in something much much bigger.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MontukKraken

sure... my post was just about the shape at the Instant of the Big Bang....

the later expansion/inflation phase probably softened out the jagged edges into the more recognizable Donut Shape

I think that's what your envisioning

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
a reply to: MontukKraken

sure... my post was just about the shape at the Instant of the Big Bang....

the later expansion/inflation phase probably softened out the jagged edges into the more recognizable Donut Shape

I think that's what your envisioning

Actually you are empowering us with knowledge right here, but does it not make sense that the universe is dynamically fluid and not structurally rigid? If you are basing it off the Big Bang Theory at least. Seeing how explosions aren't uniformed, such as the doughnut example.

ETA:

Also, if the the universe is shrinking that would mean that our Universe has to exist inside of something else, correct? How else would you explain the contraction?
edit on 25-10-2015 by MontukKraken because: added some tings.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join