It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Reich: Republicans Considering Impeachment of Trump

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It doesn't surprise me. Trump is an outsider that wasn't supposed to win. Both establishment parties are worried about losing power. The goal is to make Trump look bad and fail so no outsider will even try again.

It's too bad partisan politics everywhere (and 99% of ATS) can't see past it. We need Trump to start waging war on politicians with ideas like term limits, mandate govt employee usage of Social Security and the ACA, drastically reduce the ridiculous amount of comps and stipends and BS spending they get on top of their bloated salaries, etc.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
If you read the part I linked in the initial response, there is this:

the actual procedures and technical systems in place for authorizing the execution of a launch order requires a secondary confirmation under a two-man rule, as the President's order is subject to secondary confirmation by the Secretary of Defense. If the Secretary of Defense does not concur, then the President may in his sole discretion fire the Secretary. The Secretary of Defense has legal authority to approve the order, but cannot veto it

With the two man rule, there is always another person involved in the EXECUTION of the response. Sure Trump could order a strike, but if the Secretary of Defense doesn't agree, he will not fulfill the order, and if he's fired due to that, the launch is delayed until a new Sec of Defense is in place and can complete the action. (the way I understand this)

I don't think Trump is a great person, but I do think he understands MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction). Using Nukes is almost a guarantee of enacting that scenario. It's why nobody has used one since Japan, and why we try like hell to not let countries with unstable leaders have them. Like DRPK and Iran. But we sucked bigly at that task, and now we have this right here.

You're not understanding it correctly. The role of the Secretary of Defense isn't to agree or disagree and only launch if both are in agreement. It's merely to confirm that the order came from the President. Their agreement isn't factored in, only verification that it's a legitimate order.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Let's say Trump orders a nuclear strike without sufficient justification, heck, even the secret service would tackle him and put him under arrest, let alone congress. There is no chance a foreign state can install a president in America to nuke America while onboard air force one.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

The goal is to make Trump look bad? LOL....

He's this total rogue outsider with these amazingly wise ideas like building giant walls around the country and banning Muslims, and attacking the press. He tweets out attacks like a compulsive child and shows a definite degree of personality disorder. He sews division everywhere he goes and is a key voice in tearing the country apart. How can they possibly make him look bad?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Banning Muslims. Tell that to Muhammad. Why he made Islam?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Trump was the chosen proxy of the people. A people so angry they would elect Dracula out of sheer frustration in hopes of a leader carrying out their will.

Have you thought about what will happen when people give up on somebody actually doing what is good for the people and what they want and decide to take matters into their own hands? "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable".

If I were a Washington politician I'd hope I could read what the people are thinking well enough to kowtow to them and carry out their will. Before it's too late. As it is, they are like a bunch of tourists walking out on the beach confused as to where the ocean went.

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Subsonic

Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged.

What amazes me is that it's taken a lot of people this long to figure this out. Probable dementia, an ego the size of God, doesn't listen to anyone, and has the nuclear codes.

Good times.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Apollumi

No one of importance wants Trump.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What? The majority of Americans are unimportant? That fact he can currently make or break a politicians career is unimportant?

I thinketh the media has floated the fragile psyche of the intellectually inbred way too much. Fed their delusions perhaps.

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

edit on 12-10-2017 by Apollumi because: spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

He's this total rogue outsider with these amazingly wise ideas like building giant walls around the country and banning Muslims, and attacking the press. He tweets out attacks like a compulsive child and shows a definite degree of personality disorder. He sews division everywhere he goes and is a key voice in tearing the country apart. How can they possibly make him look bad?

HE hasnt banned muslims. If he did then thee would be none here in america. No h ebanned TRAVEL from countries with high pop;ulations of them BUT it was a BLANKET BAN on all people (including non muslims) from said countries.
SO now that the SUpreme court backed it up you are going to go boo hoo and say the system is rigged right?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The majority of Americans don't want Trump.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Not often I read something quite as condescending as that, wow.

Thanks for the laugh, well done, hahaha.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: enlightenedservant

doing so will cause a civil war. so do please continue trying to remove him.

I suspect your civil war will be boring for most people, since most people will simply stay home and watch Netflix. Or maybe we can watch coverage of the civil war on CNN or something.

What does civil war mean? Who will be fighting who? Are all the gun toting Republicans going to open fire on the local police?

The police are paid servants of the ruling class. NOTHING is going to change.

You forget th epolice a majority of them didnt vote for Hills either. They also swore to uphold the law,and if they remove trump with NO CAUSE and a made up reason there will be trouble. Just because two states had th epopular vote numbers does nto translate into boots on the firing line. They have done projections of a civil war. it dont look good for non republicans/conservatives. they will be surrounded and cu toff from each other in very short order if it happens.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

a reply to: enlightenedservant

doing so will cause a civil war. so do please continue trying to remove him.

I suspect your civil war will be boring for most people, since most people will simply stay home and watch Netflix. Or maybe we can watch coverage of the civil war on CNN or something.

yes. most of the democrats will not do anything but sit back and watch TV. im independent myself. SO ill back whoever wins as long as I get my ends. I was just stating something I heard from alot of people.

And as far as republicans impeaching or removing him...well they will be hung as traitors. remember congressmen and senators dont speak for normal citizens anymore.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The majority of Americans don't want Trump.

And still Hillary lost. Fact of life, isn't it time to just accept that now? It has been almost a year since November 8...

And personally I am not overly happy that Trump won but I sure am very, VERY happy indeed that Hillary Clinton lost. She and the DNC rigged the primary and stole the nomination from Bernie Sanders, kinda like tyrants in fascist regimes or banana republics operate, so giving this absolutely shameless thief the keys to the White House as a reward would basically be to kiss democracy in the US bye bye.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Interesting update.

Overnight, Republican Senator Ben Sasse put out the following press release aimed at Trump:

“Mr. President: Words spoken by the President of the United States matter. Are you tonight recanting of the oath you took on January 20th to preserve, protect, and defend the First Amendment?”

Here's the link from his official Senate page (HERE) & here's the link from his twitter account (HERE)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Alien Abduct

You asked about impeachment. My post was focused on the other option, which is removal based on the 25th Amendment. Reading comprehension much?

Your first post said they were building a case for "impeachment" but then you edited it to say "removal" instead.

But that's okay I can just reword my question. Do you have evidence to support your claim that 'they' are building a case for Trumps "removal"?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I suspect Many/Most Republican's in office now would rather face nuclear winter than impeach Trump and deal with the fallout of that. I'd like to think there are those that would stop him from lobbing nuke's, but lets be honest here, they've got their bunkers/private islands secured away and at most are updating their exit plans when the missiles launch.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
When Trump doesn't get impeached this time are the fairy tale peddlers gonna give it up finally? Or are we gonna get "Trump is getting impeached version 73" next week?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
When Trump doesn't get impeached this time are the fairy tale peddlers gonna give it up finally? Or are we gonna get "Trump is getting impeached version 73" next week?

I've accepted that Trump is President. It doesn't mean I'm not going to make fun of him every chance I get though.

That said, I'm hoping something from Mueller leads to his downfall but it doesn't particularly bother me if it doesn't. The system has already effectively contained him. Trump is isolated and with minimal power. Unless you're a resident of Puerto Rico, he's not really doing anything one way or the other that's really harming Americans. Assuming we can be kept out of nuclear war.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

HE hasnt banned muslims. If he did then thee would be none here in america. No h ebanned TRAVEL from countries with high pop;ulations of them BUT it was a BLANKET BAN on all people (including non muslims) from said countries.
SO now that the SUpreme court backed it up you are going to go boo hoo and say the system is rigged right?

And when he did, he got residents of Chad confused with the term Chad that incels use.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join