It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Reich: Republicans Considering Impeachment of Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: enlightenedservant

doing so will cause a civil war. so do please continue trying to remove him.

I suspect your civil war will be boring for most people, since most people will simply stay home and watch Netflix. Or maybe we can watch coverage of the civil war on CNN or something.

What does civil war mean? Who will be fighting who? Are all the gun toting Republicans going to open fire on the local police?

The police are paid servants of the ruling class. NOTHING is going to change.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It was an idle threat that was supposed to scare us into conformity lol. There isn't going to be a 2nd civil war, much less a civil war between trump supporters and anyone else. At most, they'll complain and then vote for more Republicans like they always do lol. Oh sorry, the Republicans they'd hypothetically vote for will be totally different from the ones they're "warring" with.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: enlightenedservant

doing so will cause a civil war. so do please continue trying to remove him.

I suspect your civil war will be boring for most people, since most people will simply stay home and watch Netflix. Or maybe we can watch coverage of the civil war on CNN or something.

What does civil war mean? Who will be fighting who? Are all the gun toting Republicans going to open fire on the local police?

The police are paid servants of the ruling class. NOTHING is going to change.

I think when he uses the term "civil war," he really means, "some crap I totally made up that will never happen."

I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Dudemo5

...OK ...ALL the people ,IN THE REPUBLICAN party who are active seeking to pursue prior established strategic objectives based on nation building and are actively supporting the Dems in obstruction of the "outsider" by their voting.
NATION BUILDING:
fas.org...

See. Being specific is good. No one knows what the hell RINO means, except that it's an imaginary bogeyman some Conservative voters use when their politicians aren't doing what they think they ought to be.

However, one could make a solid argument that even Republicans who value every single line of the Republican Party Platform want Trump gone. On account of the fact that Trump is kind of nuts and isn't doing very much to advance Republican objectives.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa
a reply to: ReadingOne

Mr. Reich must have an amazing memory - or perhaps he has a habit of recording his phone calls with friends so he can transcribe the convos later and publish the content word by word... Which would be rather creepy.

Of course he records his conversations... he is a journalist for crying out loud. Its is lesson number 1 in Journalism school.

It is not presented as a journalistic piece. Because it is not. No background or context whatsoever, and no reason given for why his "source" and the person who was "interviewed" had to be anonymous. A journalistic piece would have to explain that to the reader with a few words, at least.

This is simply a Facebook post, a personal anecdote which supposedly refers to a convo with an unnamed "old friend". And friends do not routinely tape record each other when they talk on the phone, at least not in the universe I live in.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Trump IS unfit. He IS dangerous. And it's not completely out of reason that some Republicans in office MIGHT be just barely smart enough to see that. Possibly even smart enough to be scared by it. This is their frankenstein sh*t monster. I guarantee Donald and his mentally ill ego would LOVE to go Nuclear.

Just goes to show the risks Republicans will take for their godd*mn taxes. They'll hand the keys to a mentally ill madman. F*ckin idiots.

edit on 12-10-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I'm a NON AFFILIATED voter,as well as a former army scout we attack sideways and use being surrounded to destroy those we can find.
In Iraq my platoon of Bradley's was used to attract artillery fire and kill their capabilities,with MLRS systems that destroy 1000 meter grids at a volley of rockets.
Trump is identical,It's chaos...we do that with VOTES.
KEEP identifying yourselves...The MIDTERMS will be carnage over tea.

edit on 12-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I'm a NON AFFILIATED voter,as well as a former army scout we attack sideways and use being surrounded to destroy those we can find.
In Iraq my platoon of Bradley's was used to attract artillery fire and kill their capabilities,with MLRS systems that destroy 1000 meter grids at a volley of rockets.
Trump is identical,It's chaos...we do that with VOTES.
KEEP identifying yourselves...The MIDTERMS will be carnage over tea.

WTF?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

And the people don't get it,whom we oppose, which is SWEET...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

And the people don't get it,whom we oppose, which is SWEET...

k

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

"But what we see now emerging from the conservative base who support Trump has nothing to do with compromise or politics."

or the common good!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Trump suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder and seems to be crossing from early stage to mid-stage Alzheimer's.

That this caricature of a Presidency has been allowed to go on this long merely indicates the state of decline of our partisan political system.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: Subsonic

That was a hilarious read! That read like some sort of comedy skit.

So if everyone bailed on Trump, that would be grounds for impeachment? Can you confirm this?

HAHAHAHAHA! Good one!

2 things were mentioned: impeachment and the 25th Amendment. Impeachment would have to start in the House of Representatives. However, according to Section 4 the 25th Amendment of the US Constitution, the Cabinet or a committee created by Congress can vote to remove a President.

Section 4.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

www.law.cornell.edu...

So if Trump were to really lose the confidence of the majority of congressional Republicans & his own Republican subordinates, they could remove him from the presidency even without impeaching him. Of course, they could also just impeach him, but that would require action in the House of Representatives and then a "trial" in the Senate. The 25th Amendment based version might actually be easier in this specific case.

That's why they keep pointing out that he's dangerous, unhinged, mentally unfit, not of sound mind, incompetent, etc. They're literally building a case for him to be removed. Still hilarious, right?

Yes, still hilarious. Where is the evidence that "they" are building an impeachment case against Trump?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Did you even read my post? Impeachment is just one of the 2 ways he could be removed. The other deals with the 25th Amendment, which does not require impeachment. If his Cabinet or a committee created by Congress conclude that he's mentally unfit for the job, they can remove him without the impeachment process. The vast majority of my post explains the 25th Amendment option and concludes that that's why politicians & media commentators keep pushing the narrative that he's "dangerous, unhinged, mentally unfit, not of sound mind, incompetent," etc.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Did you even read my post? Impeachment is just one of the 2 ways he could be removed. The other deals with the 25th Amendment, which does not require impeachment. If his Cabinet or a committee created by Congress conclude that he's mentally unfit for the job, they can remove him without the impeachment process. The vast majority of my post explains the 25th Amendment option and concludes that that's why politicians & media commentators keep pushing the narrative that he's "dangerous, unhinged, mentally unfit, not of sound mind, incompetent," etc.

I read it, then asked you a question. Care to answer it?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

in cash , only not U.S. dollars

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

I have heard Robert Reich speak on several occasions and have read some of his books and articles. This whole thing reads in one voice and both sides of the conversation contain word combinations and phrases which Reich has used through out his works.

I would have to call this a feeble attempt to put Mr. Trump in as bad a light as he could find.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

If you read the part I linked in the initial response, there is this:

the actual procedures and technical systems in place for authorizing the execution of a launch order requires a secondary confirmation under a two-man rule, as the President's order is subject to secondary confirmation by the Secretary of Defense. If the Secretary of Defense does not concur, then the President may in his sole discretion fire the Secretary. The Secretary of Defense has legal authority to approve the order, but cannot veto it

With the two man rule, there is always another person involved in the EXECUTION of the response. Sure Trump could order a strike, but if the Secretary of Defense doesn't agree, he will not fulfill the order, and if he's fired due to that, the launch is delayed until a new Sec of Defense is in place and can complete the action. (the way I understand this)

I don't think Trump is a great person, but I do think he understands MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction). Using Nukes is almost a guarantee of enacting that scenario. It's why nobody has used one since Japan, and why we try like hell to not let countries with unstable leaders have them. Like DRPK and Iran. But we sucked bigly at that task, and now we have this right here.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

You asked about impeachment. My post was focused on the other option, which is removal based on the 25th Amendment. Reading comprehension much?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

You asked about impeachment. My post was focused on the other option, which is removal based on the 25th Amendment. Reading comprehension much?

That's kind of ironic based on the THREAD TITLE.
"Robert Reich: Republicans Considering Impeachment of Trump"

Chastising others for staying on topic is stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join