It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Reich: Republicans Considering Impeachment of Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: network dude

FAKE ...you think ? lets all sing ...bomb bomb bomb ....bomb bomb Iran ... Now tell me just what nut bar came up with those lines ....hint , it wasn't Trump ...

Well, Songbird doesn't stand to make any private defense contractor kickback money from war in North Korea because South Korea will handle that chore for us and the Shieks aren't going to line his pockets for a North Korean war, either... so of course he's going to be resistant to any war with actual, defensible reasons behind going to said war.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The old dogs are barking but no one who could care does . The GOP know it and they have no idea as to what to do . Rather then just saying Russians they can only say Trump ...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Nixon was a wack-job, we survived it and Gordon Liddy as well.

The truth is ANYONE as President can make decisions we can't predict. To get our undies all in a bunch because we just recognized this little factoid seems a little silly to me.

The checks and balances WORK and are there for a reason no matter who's in office. No President has ever been able to do what they wanted and despite the Libs having fits it's not going to change.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

This is sorta my point, while people are unsure about Trump you have to remember he's got about a 10 word vocabulary, has no clue how government operates and is a twittering freak.

I would be MORE worried if he was as savvy as Edgar Hoover, anyone in a three letter agency or actually able to use google. He isn't so, altho he's a lot of bluster unless the man has a brain transplant I think we'll survive his four years.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Am I the only one who believes that ATS is absolutely pro-government?

...or maybe some of us like and agree with the current government who, in the past, did not like or agree with past governments? Seriously, if Trump is so vastly different (as his haters clearly claim him to be) doesn't it make some sense that many who despised and distrusted the allegedly "status quo" governments of past administrations would tend to gravitate towards an administration that is the antithesis of status quo?

Trump is no different.

Trump is absolutely the "status quo."

(post by Willtell removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Yep. But he might put his finger on a unwanted button trying to figure things out, like all toddlers do.... let's say a shiny red button

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

It is really disheartened to see how many people lightly take the end of humanity as something that has to occur under his reign. Saddening
edit on Thu Oct 12 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

I'm a little confused by your reply, the Reich post seemed to indicate the unnamed senator was concerned with Trump's unilateral authority to launch nuclear weapons but your post kind of confirmed that. Was that the intention or did I misread it.

If you read it closely, he can't do it alone. Which is the point. I don't know if you know who Ronald Reagan was, but in his last 4 years as president, he had dementia and Alzheimers, which degraded him quickly, and was still president. There are fail safes in place to ensure the big red button is respected. It's a good thing we have a system like this. (IMHO)

edit on 11-10-2017 by network dude because: fixed

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Well maybe Mr. Trump should fire pence and put Pelosi in there. Maybe they would change their tune, or better yet, Hilary. Everyone hates her>

HIlls would kill trump if she was VP.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

One line from the op quote. "They’re also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses he’s stirred up''.
This has got to be a serious issue among traditional Republican conservatives. Politics should be about compromise, finding a center point that different sides can agree upon to solve issues and promote the common good. But what we see now emerging from the conservative base who support Trump has nothing to do with compromise or politics.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Nobody's brainwashed.

However it's not like Trump has been exploring his options really either. The man seems content to keep signing executive decree's and tweet.

I'm also sure like sharp knives, the "little red button" has been moved out of sight just like you do with a toddler.
Out of sight, out of mind.

You of all people should know if Trump wanted to do some real damage he'd be educating himself on HOW things work to do the backdoor shenanigans. Since he's fully convinced he's a genius, he won't.
Things aren't dire till we find out otherwise.

edit on Thu Oct 12 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Remember every second week when we heard Obama was going to be impeached?

Obama isn't a lunatic- Trump is.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Remember every second week when we heard Obama was going to be impeached?

Obama isn't a lunatic- Trump is.

You're right.

Obama just hates America, freedom, responsibility.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I like Robert Reich, but I think he's just verbalizing the same thing that Corker is, which is that there's a lot of animosity towards the president behind closed doors. But it's really only those who are out of power, or soon to be retiring that are free to break the silence and state it.

If one were so inclined, they could use this example as a case study in the benefits of term limits.

Anyways, Trump is definitely not playing the role of an inspiring leader, but it's going to take something bigger than is currently public to oust him. The real test is going to be in what Mueller uncovers and eventually moves forward with because that gives everyone political cover (and some serious charges to work with, rather than just a no confidence vote). I don't see any actions being taken before then, and should Trumps administration survive Mueller, I don't see any action being taken after either.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Does Trump have any support within the GOP ?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is serious folks. Trump is losing it...

At first it sounded like hyperbole, the escalation of a Twitter war. But now it’s clear that Bob Corker’s remarkable New York Times interview—in which the Republican senator described the White House as “adult day care” and warned Trump could start World War III—was an inflection point in the Trump presidency. It brought into the open what several people close to the president have recently told me in private: that Trump is “unstable,” “losing a step,” and “unraveling.”

One former official even speculated that Kelly and Secretary of Defense James Mattis have discussed what they would do in the event Trump ordered a nuclear first strike. “Would they tackle him?” the person said. Even Trump’s most loyal backers are sowing public doubts. This morning, The Washington Post quoted longtime Trump friend Tom Barrack saying he has been “shocked” and “stunned” by Trump’s behavior. While Kelly can’t control Trump’s tweets, he is doing his best to physically sequ

www.vanityfair.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Just the Liberal left and the "Good Ol Boys" (if you know what I mean) on the right.
Amounts to a method to keep their lying , stealing ways.
The swamp covers a lot of territory . Left and Right.
I would make a cruel but wonderful President.
Call for a replacement of McConnell and Ryan very first thing for not having the good of the people in mind.
Then work my way down both sides of the aisle.
Pelosi , Waters , and others would have to take a psychological examination . If failed , they would be required to step down.
Hillary would be ordered to be placed into similar attire as Buscemi in Con-Air. Remember when he arrived and was taken off the plane ? I would just tell her she was making an anti-Trump , whiny loser fashion statement. No problem there.
Anyone accused of sexual malfeasance would be placed under house arrest without pay until the matter was cleared.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

What you just quoted confirms that the President can order a nuclear strike. Interestingly, under Nixon the Secretary of Defense started getting pledges from everyone in command to not execute a strike if one were ordered, because Nixon was getting really, really drunk and unstable. I could see Mattis doing the same thing here... and that's not really comforting because I don't want what is essentially a military coup against the President, just to prevent bad things from happening.

Really, I think we need to revise our nuclear policies. Adopt a no first strike policy for our nuclear weapons so that the President can't become unhinged and order a strike, but still allow for a one man order from the President in the event a counter attack needs to be ordered.

Anyways, rumor is Kelly and Mattis have stepped up their pact, one of them is always in the same room as the nuclear football now, so that they can physically restrain the president (or perhaps go further...) if he gives an order. What's going on right now is extremely serious.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

That was a hilarious read! That read like some sort of comedy skit.

So if everyone bailed on Trump, that would be grounds for impeachment? Can you confirm this?

HAHAHAHAHA! Good one!

Pence is the only reason he hasn't been taken out by the 25th so far. All other members are in agreement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join