It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Scientists Say They Are Told to Alter Findings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The apologists for coporate policies have long depended on citing Government Funded Studies and research to shape our environmental agendas and policies, right? Well, it looks that defense fell flat on it's face today as revelations from Scientists under the Employ of the Federal Government, have called our attention to what most of us already knew. Coporate America runs our environmental policies, at the expense, quite literally, of the world we live on.

www.latimes.com...
More than 200 scientists employed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service say they have been directed to alter official findings to lessen protections for plants and animals, a survey released Wednesday says....
More than half of the biologists and other researchers who responded to the survey said they knew of cases in which commercial interests, including timber, grazing, development and energy companies, had applied political pressure to reverse scientific conclusions deemed harmful to their business...
"The pressure to alter scientific reports for political reasons has become pervasive at Fish and Wildlife offices around the country," said Lexi Shultz of the Union of Concerned Scientists...
It is one thing for the department to dismiss our recommendations, it is quite another to be forced (under veiled threat of removal) to say something that is counter to our best professional judgment."

No suprises here, what good is clean dirt if you can't squeeze money out of it eh? I like mercury, dioxins, and new resistant strains of bacterium just as much as the next guy, but let's not delude ourselves by thinking there is any level of ecological responsibility left in America. A shame really, it used to be a nice place.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

No suprises here, what good is clean dirt if you can't squeeze money out of it eh? I like mercury, dioxins, and new resistant strains of bacterium just as much as the next guy, but let's not delude ourselves by thinking there is any level of ecological responsibility left in America. A shame really, it used to be a nice place.

I like that stuff too. And if you don't, then pack up and move to France you un-American gay. We do things right here by God.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Wow, are you for real Zamphir? Was that poorly executed sarcasm or an honest cry for philosophical assistance? Have you by any chance been to a Bush rally?

twitchy
There's nothing to be done, except create our old environment in small, protected areas all around the country. Make your own little slice of heaven and wait out the devastation. I don't think there is anything to be done on the global level without a sea change in American cerebral activity and long term survival instinct.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I am tempted to delete the above post altogether. (Zamphir's post)

Anyway this is just a whole other racket again, and like said above what we already suspected. These people have no clue apparently that if there is no enviroment anymore, they won't have no business, because there will be no business. Especially for the fishing companies. No fish... No business... So why try to alter the science that, leaving out the 10000000000 times more important enviromental issues, ensures their businesses in the long run? Or are they going to switch to another field once everything is depleted and the animals are extinct???

[edit on 11-2-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It was a joke.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I'll take your word for it then. But you have to understand that people will misinterpret them, and think you mean it.

top topics

join