It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Thornley And The JFK Assassination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Chaos + Assassination + MK-Ultra + Poetry
Kerry Thornley, Omnibenevolent Polyfather of Virginity in Gold

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/vn59de6842.jpg[/atsimg]
Preface:
I am by no means well versed in JFK conspiracy theories. I know some of the more popular themes but nothing deep. I found an interview with Kerry Thornley that got me looking into a bit more of his involvement, hence this thread. Apologies in advance if this is all known, bunk, viewed as misinformation, or whatever. My interest in Thornley is/was more about his involvement with Discordia.

Kerry Thornley, co-founder of the Discordian irreligion, wasn't just some random weirdo from days gone by. He was a friend of Lee Harvey Oswald during their time in the Marines which ended in 1959. He had written a book about Oswald titled, The Idle Warriors. Because of this book, after JFK was assassinated, Thornley was called to testify to the Warren Commission. District Attorney Jim Garrison charged Thornley with perjury for claiming that he had not been in contact with Oswald, the charge was dropped.

A young man approximating Oswald's description and using Oswald's name --- we believe we have discovered his identity --- engaged in a variety of activities designed to create such a strong impression of Oswald's instability and culpability in people's minds that they would recall him as a suspicious character after the President was murdered. --JFK Lancer - Jim Garrison's Interview In Playboy Magazine, 1967

Later on the 90's TV show A Current Affair, Thornley claimed he was involved in a conspiracy to assassinate JFK. The show says he was an extreme right-winger (of course all you familiar with his Discordian work know otherwise), a later interview with Sondra London has him mentioning that he was a liberal and believed Oswald was as well. He was never charged with conspiracy to assassinate a president, that was apparently never actually investigated. He claims he discussed who to frame with the other conspirators and recommended a communist. During the Warren Commssion he painted (correctly or incorrectly) Oswald as just that communist. He has likened at least one of his co-conspirators to Nixon's "plumbers", the CIA operatives responsible for fixing "leaks".

By 1976 he suspected that he was used in the conspiracy. He started thinking Robert Anton Wilson was a CIA "handler". He has mentioned several scenarios that could have been. Among them was that he and Oswald were victims of MKUltra programming (I have not dug through all the released MKULTRA info but if anybody found anything in that about him post some links up). Another was that one of his co-conspirators, referred to in the interview below as the brother-in-law, was CIA operative E. Howard Hunt.

Later Thornley would disavow his belief that Oswald was actually involved. As mentioned in the interview below, Oswald was on the doorstep of the book depository very shortly before shots were fired, ran to the second floor where a receptionist verified he was seconds after the shots. That verification was apparently left out of the Warren Commission. If I understand correctly, he believed an organization General Reinhard Gehlen organized called the Society for the Prevention of Criminal Stupidity (see video 10 of 11 in the Sondra London interview), Nazis (actual Nazis), the mafia and CIA were actually behind the conspiracy.

As you'll see in the first interview below in 1992, Thornley seemed happy with his poetry and being a poet in general. He went to the grave in 1998 believing that he was a victim of mind control and used in the conspiracy. He was given a Buddhist funeral and his ashes were spread into the Pacific Ocean. His ultimate goal of Zenarchy (another of his books) was to break large masses of people free from their programming. That goal was never accomplished.

Postface:
Here's some links for further reading I found while looking into all this. The rest of the interview series with Sondra London are worth watching as well, he expands on a lot of this stuff. It's a really good interview I'm listening to as I type this. As with anything related to Discordia and the JFK conspiracies the rabbit holes run deep. There's definitely no shortage of false leads and they'll all lead in dead ends. Pun not intended. Hail Eris!

Discordian Timeline - Well done timeline.
The Latest Word - Good interview with mention of the General Gehlen involvement.
The Daily Grail - Another good article about the subject.
Kerry Wendell Thornley Is A Key To The JFK Assassination - Another well done article about the subject

edit on 11-10-2017 by Noncents because: Added Missing Videos

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Knew Oswald in the Marines. Went to his grave convinced he was used in the assassination, 'somehow'.

Oswald himself declared he was "just a Patsy".

I tend to agree with that part.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i read just recently that the files on L.H.Oswald have vanished just as they were due to be released to the public

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
i read just recently that the files on L.H.Oswald have vanished just as they were due to be released to the public

Some of those files expose the lies of the deep state. Too many details didn't add up. (People need to read the Garrison book "JFK Assassination") Oswald was said to be in two places at once during the assassination. He was both buying a soda standing with his boss in the break room and he was supposedly firing rounds upstairs at the same time.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

Later Thornley would disavow his belief that Oswald was actually involved. As mentioned in the interview below, Oswald was on the doorstep of the book depository very shortly before shots were fired, ran to the second floor where a receptionist verified he was seconds after the shots. That verification was apparently left out of the Warren Commission.

That was left out of the report because it could never be conclusively proven that Oswald was the man in the doorway. It was more than likely Billy Lovelady, according to multiple sources. The resemblance is undeniable and even I'm still not convinced it's not Oswald but there are many witnesses placing Lovelady on the steps. Link

That's not to say that I don't believe Oswald didn't do it. I believe wholeheartedly that he was innocent, at least with regard to the actual murder. That photo just isn't the... Not-so-smoking-gun that a lot of us hoped it was. Funny how that photo disappeared from the internet for a while then is available everywhere now, though.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It CAN'T be real he's still alive.
DAMNED coup anyway.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea

originally posted by: Noncents

Later Thornley would disavow his belief that Oswald was actually involved. As mentioned in the interview below, Oswald was on the doorstep of the book depository very shortly before shots were fired, ran to the second floor where a receptionist verified he was seconds after the shots. That verification was apparently left out of the Warren Commission.

That was left out of the report because it could never be conclusively proven that Oswald was the man in the doorway. It was more than likely Billy Lovelady, according to multiple sources. The resemblance is undeniable and even I'm still not convinced it's not Oswald but there are many witnesses placing Lovelady on the steps. Link

That's not to say that I don't believe Oswald didn't do it. I believe wholeheartedly that he was innocent, at least with regard to the actual murder. That photo just isn't the... Not-so-smoking-gun that a lot of us hoped it was. Funny how that photo disappeared from the internet for a while then is available everywhere now, though.
LHO was definitely on the steps TPTB forgot to doctor Lees unique shirt in the James Altgens photo-subsequently they looked and could not find another shirt like it anywhere. Bill Lovelady was wearing a red and white vertical striped shirt that day.

edit on 11-10-2017 by PsychicCroMag because: remove redundand comment

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The picture the OP posted tells the entire assasination story and that story which may never be told would bring even more people to tears were they to know it.

Hint.....LHO believed he was setting up a sting Operation to bust some Cuban nasties who were working with the mob to kill the President....Lee believed the asassins would all be busted by the FBI/CIA/SS/DPD but this was not how things went down.....Lee knew he was running for his life when he left Dealy Plaza for he knew he had been set up.......

LHO was the catalyst of only one dynamic involved in Dealy Plaza....different masterminded dynamics were created by groups operating independantly like cells of a terror group....

LHO was working undercover on his dynamic BEFORE the execution order was given by the person responsible for the killing.

There is no single concrete storyline to produce.....this is a multi-dimensional action and must be viewed this way.....there are multiple stories which must first be told on their own and then united and told in sequential order in a bigger macro-storyline........find the notes then bring them together.......people want the murder disguised as a Coup de tat disguised as a murder to be one single coherent linear story...........but it is a Tapestry.

edit on 11-10-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

This is the best JFK video I've ever watched:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

One of the things that convinced me Garrison was right , was a picture of Oswald and David Ferry in 58 or 59, showing that they did know each other.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag
I agree with your take on that.

a reply to: one4all
From what I can tell, are right about the different factions doing their own thing and several stories all intertwining. That's one of the reason I put the OP together and posted it here. It surprised me that it hadn't been done on ATS before.

a reply to: dfnj2015
Thanks. I skipped around in it some last night and learned some things but plan on watching the entire thing through, possibly tonight.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

The big picture is astonishing in its entirity.......more people than JFK died that day...hidden heros trying to save their President.

Everyone knew what was going down that day to some degree....even JFK had been lied to and expected the sting to be going down...he had been told about it and knew only those lies....but he was of a belief that day that terminal threat was there....his wife also knew as did everyone surrounding him....they simply had been told different reasons for causality and had been informed in different ways by different people .

Shots were fired directly at multiple sniper nests by Pro-American heros trying to stop the coup de tat.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all
Astonishing is the right word for it. Morbidly, depressingly astonishing. I'm a little happy to have been able to share the story of Kerry Thornley's involvement here on ATS. In a lot of things I've read and watched since learning about that he seems to have been vastly ignored.

I think that's why he sort of adamantly came out about his involvement. If anybody acted on his confession and information about co-conspirators then that would mean digging into the whole thing again and unraveling a bit more of the ball of yarn.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Some of those files expose the lies of the deep state. Too many details didn't add up. (People need to read the Garrison book "JFK Assassination") Oswald was said to be in two places at once during the assassination. He was both buying a soda standing with his boss in the break room and he was supposedly firing rounds upstairs at the same time.

The former President G .HW Bush who could not remember where he was on that day looks remarkably like a man on the steps of the book depository .

As the smoking man in the X-FILES [ see GB-SPENDER ] says in confessions of a smoking man i have seen presidents die

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

The former President G .HW Bush who could not remember where he was on that day looks remarkably like a man on the steps of the book depository .

As the smoking man in the X-FILES [ see GB-SPENDER ] says in confessions of a smoking man i have seen presidents die

All you have to do to follow one of the popcorn trails is look for continuity of influence......famalial or otherwise...and Bush is one of these conduits of continuity of influence.However these popcorn trails will not lead directly or even peripherally to the single source of nasty who made the call.

You can build a 3-d model of what money power and influence do on this planet and it looks like an embryo full of veins and arteries...its a living model.....you can see when it sleeps grows and gets excited ect ect....... by simply viewing it externally....you can reverse extrapolate source of the most minute impact illustrated within this model which means on this planet....in real time if you upgrade the model.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

The big picture is astonishing in its entirity.......more people than JFK died that day...hidden heros trying to save their President.

Everyone knew what was going down that day to some degree....even JFK had been lied to and expected the sting to be going down...he had been told about it and knew only those lies....but he was of a belief that day that terminal threat was there....his wife also knew as did everyone surrounding him....they simply had been told different reasons for causality and had been informed in different ways by different people .

Shots were fired directly at multiple sniper nests by Pro-American heros trying to stop the coup de tat.

I have read on the net that 100 prominent Catholics died that day ,but i have never delved into that info to verify it

top topics

join