It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey has American Hostages and no one seems to be doing anything

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
if American hostages were being held in iran or north korea it would be a huge story and the war drums would be beaten loud, but since it`s a NATO member and an alleged ally that is holding the hostages we have to keep it hush hush so as not to embarrass ourselves for being allied with such people.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
if American hostages were being held in iran or north korea it would be a huge story and the war drums would be beaten loud, but since it`s a NATO member and an alleged ally that is holding the hostages we have to keep it hush hush so as not to embarrass ourselves for being allied with such people.

(gender neutral) you got that right... I remember when Sadam was fighting Iran and using bug spray (provided by good old usa companies) on the Iranian conscript troops.. Hardly a word other than praise for stopping the Iranian onslaught... Nothing has changed as we pick and choose who we turn a blind eye to..

Living overseas if I ever get into trouble with a foreign government I know I am on my own unless NK or Iran captures me...Then I might have a chance of being freed after years of torture and starvation.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Erdogan, in the style of most dictators, is executing anyone who may dissent with him.

And there's been talk that the coup was staged.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

We should do some SEO for him then, boost his search engine visibility, watch Turkey shight themselves.

I grow tired of this lame back n forth, I for one, welcome the Singularity, A.I. will do better for us than we can for ourselves, even if it is eradication.

I don't think humanity could organize itself out of a paper bag, without deciding some have to die, get left in the bag, have to pay, or need nukes 1st.
edit on 12-10-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined

We should do some SEO for him then, boost his search engine visibility, watch Turkey shight themselves.

I grow tired of this lame back n forth, I for one, welcome the Singularity, A.I. will do better for us than we can for ourselves, even if it is eradication.

I don't think humanity could organize itself out of a paper bag, without deciding some have to die, get left in the bag, have to pay, or need nukes 1st.

How is eradication a good thing?

Only people who have nothing and no one to love would ever suggest that.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Simple, do a thought experiment, with how humanity operates now, how will we do so in the future, 25 years from now? 50 years from now? 100 years from now?

Doesn't look good does it?

We may have technology increase, but do we have morals take a stronger hold? Does compassion take a bigger seat?

Or is it more of the same ole, selfish thoughts and not trying to do good anymore.

I simply don't think humanity can govern itself correctly anymore.

I think that without A.I. helping us stay our path and fulfill our goals, that we will destroy ourselves, if not from war, from lack of humane activity.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Salander

Erdogan, in the style of most dictators, is executing anyone who may dissent with him.

And there's been talk that the coup was staged.

It was staged. remember erodogen on a private plane coming back in country? Any coup with airforce jets would had shot him down if they really were serious.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
For those trashing Turkey, if I remember right his party actually got trashed the last election but the opposition could not get out of each others way allowing him to stage the coup and round up people that might cause him problems as he becomes a "benevolent" dictator.

This is not my opinion, my landlord in Germany was born and raise in Turkey, good friend out here is married to a turkish woman, their families are still in Turkey and that is where the above statement came from. (third hand yes I get it, get over it)

Pretty much everyone that ever touched the opposition is being checked out and any that are actually considered a threat are grabbed on principle.

He killed the moderate generals that used to keep wannabe dictators in check, and got his people into leadership positions, he reignited the fight with the Kurds breaking the peace treaty now he has his boogyman to blame for everything.

Folks should feel sorry for the folks still struggling to improve their nation, they are heavily out gunned and are facing death or loss of their home and the rest of the world is turning a blind eye to it because they think they can turn this rabid dog into their dog, or they just do not care.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined

Simple, do a thought experiment, with how humanity operates now, how will we do so in the future, 25 years from now? 50 years from now? 100 years from now?

Doesn't look good does it?

We may have technology increase, but do we have morals take a stronger hold? Does compassion take a bigger seat?

Or is it more of the same ole, selfish thoughts and not trying to do good anymore.

I simply don't think humanity can govern itself correctly anymore.

I think that without A.I. helping us stay our path and fulfill our goals, that we will destroy ourselves, if not from war, from lack of humane activity.

So without your AI overlord, you would prefer we all die off, correct?

I prefer to have a chance. I don't think we are irredeemable, I haven't lost all hope like you, and I have friends and family I do not want to see die in a nuclear inferno, through starvation, or however it is you wish for us to die.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter
OOOH, DerBeo you are treading a fine line there. Let me give you a heads up. I do hope you know the head honcho of ATS is a guy named,,,,,,, Springer. So you're saying Springers staff (ie. the moderators) are foreign agents?
One does get mixed up with names doesn't one.
Otherwise please enlighten me to your version of Springer.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

People are trashing Erdogan. Who is destroying how the world views Turkey.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

You're fun to talk to.

I love the way you add context to what I say that I didn't fully say.

That's very Trump of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join