It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey has American Hostages and no one seems to be doing anything

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So an American pastor has been held in prison for a year now. When that didn't work he arrested an American consulate worker and reporter. As well as other people, I'm not a newsman Google it.
Point is, the president of Trukey wants to trade hostages because America has political people he wants to bring home and execute.

America legally can't extradite some of these people either because they're being tried or because America is governed by laws and they can't just send innocent people to their deaths. Some sort of justice department rule.

Anyway, how in the flying fuks is America allowing the president of Turkey, an apparent NATO ally, to keep American citizens as hostages in prison on trumped up charges of inciting terrorism and whatnot. It's my understanding that the Trump administration asked for these people back, Turkey said not without the list of names we want to execute.

I feel like this should be a bigger story. This whole thing seems really fuked up. This is Iran and North Korea's type of play book. Hostages for concessions.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
A real mystery, eh?

I guess it's similar to the way America is holding people at Gitmo still. Turn about is fair play?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

I'm confused.

We are holding innocent Turks at Gitmo?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I don't think so, but we're holding and have held innocent muslims. Maybe it's devolved into a Christian versus muslim situation? Religious zealots think in strange ways.

As I understand it, in this case Erdogan is trying to leverage this guy for the US to release Clinton associate Gulen, brought here during Clinton's time. Erdogan sees Gulen being involved in the attempted coup against him last year or so.
edit on 11-10-2017 by Salander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

This is the man they want:

www.google.ca...=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fethullah_G%25C3%25BClen&ved=0ahUKEwjmyZKcuOnWAhXB5YMKHbS4A84QFggcM AA&usg=AOvVaw0KfBhXQb0PoC8lFqE3Stua

Edrogan is a thug and is bringing religion back into Turkish politics. He has finally ended resistance from the previously secular armed forces of the country, and see this man as a threat to his dictatorial rule.
edit on 11-10-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Erdolf-Turkey also keeps around 40 germans in prison, as political hostages.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
he even has the little mustache.

The rallies are also pretty scary.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

It's not only American citizens, he does that with Germans, French,... pretty much all "western" people. I don't think he has a religious angle. It's more an ego trip. Shahanshah needs compensation for... don't know what the bad reputation of his nation, not being a superpower, a tiny dick, ... everybody's guess.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

He is an Islamist trying to take Turkey out of securalism.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

there are also Erdolf USA, Erdolf UK, Erdolf France, Erdolf German and so on that i dont see you mention them

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

In those countries they have checks and balances and they don't jail journalists yet.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Yes, even a little moustache...

And when i see all the flags everywhere now in turkey, it reminds me to NK, China and other colored cloth loving dictatorships.

Hitler and his Nazi dictatorship are the role models of all wannabe Hitlers/dictators/"godlike rulers" of today, that´s difficult to overlook.
But you know, Germany, let´s better say the Merkel government, hired Erdolf as bouncer. He is doing the job now that Ghaddafi did before. That´s why we still talk with Erdolf, give him money(EU money for establishing and promoting democracy, lol) and all that. Because turkey keeps more than 3 millions refugees. And Erdolf could just throw them out of turkey. Guess where the victims of the western, mostly "U"S interventions in the middle east, would flee to...

And the "U"SA needs turkey because of geostrategic/world domination dream reasons, that´s why everybody let´s Erdolf do whatever he wants.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

Its Turkey. Dont trust them!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

where is Ben swan? i know that he isnt in prison but isnt active like he used to be why is that

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Yes, even a little moustache...

And when i see all the flags everywhere now in turkey, it reminds me to NK, China and other colored cloth loving dictatorships.

Hitler and his Nazi dictatorship are the role models of all wannabe Hitlers/dictators/"godlike rulers" of today, that´s difficult to overlook.
But you know, Germany, let´s better say the Merkel government, hired Erdolf as bouncer. He is doing the job now that Ghaddafi did before. That´s why we still talk with Erdolf, give him money(EU money for establishing and promoting democracy, lol) and all that. Because turkey keeps more than 3 millions refugees. And Erdolf could just throw them out of turkey. Guess where the victims of the western, mostly "U"S interventions in the middle east, would flee to...

And the "U"SA needs turkey because of geostrategic/world domination dream reasons, that´s why everybody let´s Erdolf do whatever he wants.

Prior to erdolf (but not all the way to the ottoman) and even when he was buds with his homie here in the US Turkey was very secular. We supported that and they are part of NATO . We had a central base in the northern ME.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

I don't know but I could ask for a few hundred as well as many judges etc in Turkey.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

there are also Erdolf USA, Erdolf UK, Erdolf France, Erdolf German and so on that i dont see you mention them

I just talk about things i know.
I didn´t know about frenchies and brits as political hostages.
But i heard before about that american pastor.

And to be honest, sometimes i play around with the idea:
What if some of those arrested are really foreign agents?

I have to think about that "journalist" Deniz Yücel. I mean, he lives in germany, has the german and the turkish passport, and he wrote germany- and germans hating articles in a newspaper called TAZ. Nobody knew him before he got arrested in turkey and "we" germans started to use him as an political chess piece too.

He now works for the Welt/N24 Gruppe, this is Springer corporation stuff.
If i would be a ruler of a nation, i would see Springer staff as foreign agents, ready to disintegrate via MSM.
Have to look now for french and british political hostages in turkey.

But all the western nations have got the same problem, they are blackmailed by Erdolf with that refugee- and geostrategic stuff.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There are no hostages ; cure your ignorance .

Erdogan is outing the Gladio B of CIA thus he is the nominated bogeyman .

If Pompei gets to be the new foreign sec. than the relations will not get better .

Gulen was/is a CIA project and Pastor actually is a " Goldenboy " of CIA ; Erdogan is kicking their arses with Trump's backing .

Damn so much ignorance on this thread !!!!
edit on 11-10-2017 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432
There are no hostages ; cure your ignorance .

Erdogan is outing the Gladio B of CIA thus he is the nominated bogeyman .

If Pompei gets to be the new foreign sec. than the relations will not get better .

Gulen was/is a CIA project and Pastor actually is a " Goldenboy " of CIA ; Erdogan is kicking their arses with Trump's backing .

Damn so much ignorance on this thread !!!!

blah blah blah. erodogen is teh sex blah blah blah. I fthey were stupid enough to visit turkey screw em. they brough tit on themselves. COunt them as dead and move on with your life.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
So an American pastor has been held in prison for a year now. When that didn't work he arrested an American consulate worker and reporter. As well as other people, I'm not a newsman Google it.
Point is, the president of Trukey wants to trade hostages because America has political people he wants to bring home and execute.

America legally can't extradite some of these people either because they're being tried or because America is governed by laws and they can't just send innocent people to their deaths. Some sort of justice department rule.

Anyway, how in the flying fuks is America allowing the president of Turkey, an apparent NATO ally, to keep American citizens as hostages in prison on trumped up charges of inciting terrorism and whatnot. It's my understanding that the Trump administration asked for these people back, Turkey said not without the list of names we want to execute.

I feel like this should be a bigger story. This whole thing seems really fuked up. This is Iran and North Korea's type of play book. Hostages for concessions.

can you provide links to the stories you are posting about?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join