It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has an opinion, so all your rights are now gone.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The amount of seemingly intelligent people who have voiced the opinion that Trump is taking away first amendment rights, it a bit frightening.

It truly is.

The so call intellectual superiors actually think laws get created on Twitter.

True story.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

She has stated MULTIPLE times she ran a very successful business. That said I am sure she understands at will employment, union contracts, workplace rules and violations of such.

Those players enter the "workplace" when they enter the stadium, facility, or offices. That is what most of these people do not understand. I have not worked anywhere that ANY political protest would have been welcome.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I've been to space and single handily built the space station with my eractorset....Just about as believable...

edit on 11-10-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
The amount of seemingly intelligent people who have voiced the opinion that Trump is taking away first amendment rights, it a bit frightening. These aren't just passing simpletons, they are seasoned posters with a history of semi-rational thoughts.

is this in any way similar to when seemingly intelligent persons and mods or seasoned members thought history was going to be "erased" when they decided not idolize confederate war "heroes"... and take down a few of their monuments? the same who thought everything under the sun was going to come down next?

is that as irrational or is there a difference, as in the proverbial partisanship difference...

(post by manuelram16 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Trump has taken away the same amount of rights as Obama took away guns.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I hate to do this but apparently Rush Limbaugh gets it.

Limbaugh: Trump's comments on NFL 'starting to make me nervous'

"There’s a part of this story that’s starting to make me nervous, and it’s this: I am very uncomfortable with the president of the United States being able to dictate the behavior and power of anybody. That’s not where this should be coming from," Limbaugh said on his show.

"Trump is continually tweeting — I know what he’s doing, and I understand why he’s doing it, and his motives are pure; don’t misunderstand. But I don’t think that it is useful or helpful for any employee anywhere to be forced to do something because the government says they must," he continued.

"We don’t want the president being able to demand anybody that he’s unhappy with behave in a way he requires," Limbaugh added.

I feel dirty now.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I remember MLB striking when I was around 7 or 8. I haven't watched a baseball game since. Just lost interest in it.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So If Trump tweeted the left should quit politics and go home, he would be subverting the entire system of government, or would he be expressing his views? I ask this because apparently he doesn't think his comments are actually law when stated, and I kind of agree with that.

When you look to Rush for guidance on making your point, um, I think it's time you step away from the keyboard for a few hours.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

In simple terms, everyone is a liar.

They fake outrage, fake caring, fake everything.

Its all fake.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hippies trying to make their victimization official.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

That game isn't done being played yet, it's still very early in the first quarter. The left just finished crapping on the flag during the anthem, and the kickoff started the game with removing statues that frightened them, and changing street names. Stay tuned, after the commercial break, we expect to see Counties being renamed, and charges brought against those who display the Dixie flag.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

quick, tune to NPR!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Rush occasionally has a good point, but the problem with using, especially from other sources in the mainstream press, is that he gets taken out of context very frequently to either support a point he wasn't making or to make him look like the devil he isn't.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

The Newspeak is strong with you, Big Brother.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I've stopped watching football, but I still watch Trump.

Maybe them folks can stop watching Trump and enjoy the football games.

*This message was pre-approved by the Peoples Free Speech Department Number 412

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

i for one don't look favorably on people basically demeaning the flag behind the guise of a protest, which they have the right to do so. but the president influencing what is dictated from the owners, whether politically or by means of his billionaire connections is ten times worse than rich fools who never served or gave 2 squirts of piss back to this "oppressive" country.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Hippies trying to make their victimization official.

"your being victmized right now. do you know it ?"

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

i for one don't look favorably on people basically demeaning the flag behind the guise of a protest, which they have the right to do so. but the president influencing what is dictated from the owners, whether politically or by means of his billionaire connections is ten times worse than rich fools who never served or gave 2 squirts of piss back to this "oppressive" country.

Until there is actual proof that actual political power beyond Trump's big Tweet, then this isn't a whole lot different than Obama weighing in on every cop shooting.

Remember how the cops acted stupidly? How is that not bringing political influence to bear in the same way by voicing opinion.

Trump can yap all he wants like Obama did. It's when he starts actually using political power (power of law or the bureaucracy) to target someone that we are talking about something sinister. I know we have discussed cutting the tax subsidies and other things for the NFL, but if that happened now, that's entirely what it would look like.
edit on 11-10-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

PFFT half don't get me anyway,IM WAY too well read for 80% of liberals to stand a debate...I was reading about UFOs at 8 years only.
IF no math ability.

THEY keep asking for CLARIFICATIONS to drift the thread and I got nuked doing it.
edit on 11-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join