It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has an opinion, so all your rights are now gone.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The amount of seemingly intelligent people who have voiced the opinion that Trump is taking away first amendment rights, it a bit frightening. These aren't just passing simpletons, they are seasoned posters with a history of semi-rational thoughts. I don't know if it's just the hate that sucks the smart out of folks or they had someone whisper in their ear and somehow believed it.

Trump had an opinion about the football thing. He voiced it. Like he usually does with his opinions. He is sure everyone wants to hear what he thinks. You would never know where that idea came from, unless you read the news and realize that since he entered the political race, the MSM lives and dies by spazing out of "what Trump just tweeted". But his opinion doesn't change anything. It's words and only words. His first amendment rights to utter them, or tweet them. So not in this realm, or any other, does his use of words equate to removing any rights of others.

Now, about the players rights. They have the same rights they had prior to Trumps opinion. They can protest, stand sit, crawl, flop, kneel, lay, or do anything they like. If what they do upsets the people who support their sport, those same folks may choose to let them know, and may choose to not spend their money with them. Which will upset the owners and make them enact some changes so their money stream will continue. Just as a poster on ATS is free to violate the T&C of the site, the site owner and staff are free to ban that user. They didn't take any rights away, they just did what they do based on the situation at hand.

This is really, really, basic and shouldn't need any explanation at all. Even when it somehow became a left vs. right thing. Everyone still has all their rights in tact. What has changed is now people have a better understanding of the power of the people. We the people can enact change by coming together for a common cause. What is really sad is that we chose to prove this with #ing NFL football standing for the National Anthem, and not forcing congress to have term limits. That is some real change that "the people" could enact if the desire was strong. Please, save the drama for your mama.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You know the NFL gets a ton of taxpayers money right? Anyone getting taxpayers money and disrespecting thecountry at same time just doesn't belong here. They should move away if they don't like it. Maybe you too.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure they have a collective bargaining agreement that covers employers interference with political views but maybe not. I think the players going on strike may be a great next move if people insist on escalating this. Let them have their moment . Genuflecting was never a disrespectful posture. Continue to make this national news and try to suppress or punish these players and I think a strike is called for.
They have a union.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: luke1212

Trump is getting tax payer money and contantly disrespecting the country.

Just can't wait for his tweets to be read in history class or at an exibit at the Smithsonian.

Right next to the Clinton hopefully. Put them all together.
edit on 11-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Here's a list of all your rights Trump has taken away:

The end.

Thanks for playing.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

What’s frightening is Donald Trump and the people who support him

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I'm pretty sure they have a collective bargaining agreement that covers employers interference with political views but maybe not. I think the players going on strike may be a great next move if people insist on escalating this. Let them have their moment . Genuflecting was never a disrespectful posture. Continue to make this national news and try to suppress or punish these players and I think a strike is called for.
They have a union.

Let um strike....all the way to the unemployment line!!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is how the Left platform is handling this election, and it is probably going to be their new platform in general - FEAR.

Everything that is said, done, or mentioned gets twisted, misrepresented, sensationalized, and spun around to try and scare their base into thinking that the current Pres. (and pretty much anyone who doesn't think like them, for that matter) is evil, fascist, taking away our rights, "waging war on our freedoms", etc.

It's all they can do at this point to keep some point of relativity. I mean, you don't even have to look very hard, it's every where!

and it's an easy game. If you tell a lie enough, loud enough, people will take it as truth. Keep everyone scared that our "evil dictator is going to take away all of our rights and freedoms", and they'll all follow blindly to whatever story they want to spin, and endorse any candidate that the media points to.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Here's a list of all your rights Trump has taken away:

The end.

Thanks for playing.

Not a single right that has been taken away will be listed...because they're are none that have been taken.

Except for Hillary thinking she had the right to be President....Trump obviously took that one away from Mrs. Clinton and her supporters.

edit on 11-10-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

These are the same special snowflakes who treat *words* as being on Parr with physical assault and *thoughts* as being tantamount to actions... honestly, why do we care what these walking nothings complain about? If Trump stole your smile, then clearly you weren't very solidly in possession of it to begin with.

link   
Already posters are proving that the OP is right on the money regarding how the intelligence is sucked right out of people, depending on the subject.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They have a union.

I recall a players' strike from MLB. It caused a ton of damage to the league. Like it or not, the players are not the ones winning. They calculated that their fans would love them no matter what, but not enough do. If they strike, they'll cause even more damage than they already have to the brand.

It took MLB years to recover from their strike.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

He's been a pretty good president thus far actually

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Willtell

He's been a pretty good president thus far actually

You're wasting your time.

link   
Double post... thanks Trump!
edit on 11-10-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Willtell

What’s frightening is Donald Trump and the people who support him

What's even more frightening is the people who lost their minds at the exact same time as the candidate lost....

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

You know the NFL gets a ton of taxpayers money right? Anyone getting taxpayers money and disrespecting thecountry at same time just doesn't belong here. They should move away if they don't like it. Maybe you too.

well, actually, maybe they shouldn't be getting a bunch of money from the government.

Being a private company with their own rights, and all. Perhaps if they're going to disrespect the government, they should be taken off the government payroll- as in, fired.

They've got their rights, same as you've got yours and I've got mine.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I bet when you were a business owner you allowed anti abortion protests at your place of employment all the time.

No the CBA does not cover what is going on, otherwise it would not be a thing.
Just like the current CBA allows players to be suspended even when not charged with a crime by the police.

With Goodell and the league getting behind standing for the anthem, I do not think a strike would work out in the players favor. In fact I do not think their contract would allow them to strike for that reason.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm judging by some of the posts made that person NEVER owned a business or was EVER in charge of anyone...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Yeah, good for nothing

I don’t agree obviously

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join