It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Forget -- Until the Next One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I was just browsing and came across a fairly interesting website that tracks mass/multiple killings, and was surprised to discover that I've honestly forgotten about a lot of recent killings that in some other time would have shocked and horrified the nation, except that they were upstaged by even more horrendous killings. Just goes to show you. People can get used to just about anything.

Remember when Spencer Hight killed nine people and wounded another in Plano, Texas, on 09/10/2017? Another horror shrugged off.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What would you suggest?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

What's the website called?

2nd

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
What would you suggest?

Keep forgetting. Unless you're directly affected, it really doesn't do a lot to dwell on these things. They've become forces of nature, like the weather or an earthquake. It has become obvious that the simple solution of banning certain types of weapons will only make it a tiny bit more difficult for a few people in the U.S., because they're not just happening in the U.S. They're happening all over the world.

I just think it's interesting. But I have no solutions, either to the shootings, or to our own desire to forget about them and move on with our own lives. Maybe there isn't a need for a solution to the latter. Maybe it's a good thing.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
What would you suggest?

I personally suggest that we stop regulating firearms.

Then the spooks setting most of these shootings up wouldn't have a reason to keep doing it.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Oddly you are right unfortunately...

I for one will never forget the Mandalay Bay Shooting ever.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

If you were personally affected, perhaps. But just wait until the next lunatic kills 1,000 people at a football game or something.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: abeverage

If you were personally affected, perhaps. But just wait until the next lunatic kills 1,000 people at a football game or something.

I was litteraly affected by the Mandalay Bay Shooting. I hope I or anyone for that matter has to go through another...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I can't speak for the OP, but here's the site I go to. It tracks the incidences where 4 or more people were shot. It also included links to local sources for each incident.

www.massshootingtracker.org...

Take about 5 minutes to skim it & it'll give a better picture of the scope of the problem.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: FamCore

I can't speak for the OP, but here's the site I go to. It tracks the incidences where 4 or more people were shot. It also included links to local sources for each incident.

www.massshootingtracker.org...

Take about 5 minutes to skim it & it'll give a better picture of the scope of the problem.

HOLY CATS!

Wow...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

I know, right? And those are just the incidences where 4 or more people have been shot. But nope, no problem here. ETA: I think the most disturbing part is the number of cases that are still marked "unknown shooter(s)".
edit on 11-10-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: abeverage

I know, right? And those are just the incidences where 4 or more people have been shot. But nope, no problem here. ETA: I think the most disturbing part is the number of cases that are still marked "unknown shooter(s)".

The problem as I see it is not so much guns as mental health. Like all statistics shocking. but not surprising, would love to see other data like how many people are blown up in Turkey or Iraq or stabbed in the UK...

top topics

join