It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets make millions of american's felons. Gun control overreach targets millions.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
By the sounds of it, this bill would be an absolute enforcement mess, and apparently make millions of "devices" out there illegal to posses.

Here's a video from MAC, that sums some of it up and talks to the danger of this "reasonable" gun law. The biggest issue is of course the non definition of any specific device, but allows sweeping restrictions to whatever they "feel" fits into the category.

Good luck with this one. I really don't think it will pass, but if it does, this won't go over well with the people.

ETA: Even old hag feinstein admits that legislation would not stop or prevent the LV incident. If it wouldn't make a difference, why push and try to pass bills to restrict the 2nd amendment? Can't possible be for our safety then, what is it for. Not totalitarianism or anything like that.
edit on 11-10-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I highly doubt the rifles with bump stocks that were recovered from his room were even used in the shooting.... but that's neither here nor there.

Is it possible that it will pass? Yes, considering I recently saw a facebook/tweet post, with someone stating the loss of life could've been even more catastrophic had the shooter put a bump stock on his BOLT ACTION RIFLE..... These are the kinds of people that are voting for laws like these

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Yes, sadly the vast majority have no idea what they are talking about. They are also the ones that scream the loudest, and turn out to "protest a cause".

If this does pass, it's not because of anything "reasonable" "intelligent" or anything like that. It would pass and just be a monument to the stupidity and illogical emotional cries of people that don't know any better.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm getting really tired of losing my rights.

I want my cake back. All of it.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's Florida people.

A swing state.

What do people expect from the state that created 10-20 to life legislation.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Piece by piece until it is all gone. Only a matter of time before you will be required to hand it over. Every shooting that occurs will be an opportunity to take another piece of your rights away. This is just one of the examples.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Only amatures use full auto

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Only amatures use full auto

Only amateurs need more than one bullet.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If & when the day comes for the Government to "take our guns" they had better have a damn HUGH force of people to do it. 7 out of 10 Americans own a firearm.......a percentage of that own more than 1.......That's a lot of firepower to confiscate. When they try it in one state, the next state over the folks will be hiding them and burying them in the damn woods. Any person who falls for turn in your gun legislation.....Is a freaking idiot.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Would that really surprise you though? I think it's safe to assume that around 75% of our laws are based on emotional responses to events. I'll take my home state for an example:

We had a bad car accident where a dumb woman had her 18 month (or something like that) child in the front seat of her car, no car seat, and got into an accident. Kid dies, then we have new car seat laws. We already had car seat laws, but now we have more of the same ones.

We also had a bad texting and driving accident. Next, we had a law passed to ban that as well. Don't count our "reckless driving " laws, or our "distracted driving" laws though... Those weren't good enough, because they didn't involve the word "text". Hell, we even have a law banning "reading or writing any form of communication while driving" (which would include texting) that has been on the books for decades!

Emotional responses from idiots, 100%.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
double post
edit on 11-10-2017 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nik0laTesla
Piece by piece until it is all gone. Only a matter of time before you will be required to hand it over. Every shooting that occurs will be an opportunity to take another piece of your rights away. This is just one of the examples.

And how they carry out the 'confiscation' of firearms: One piece at a time.

Make it no longer legal, everyone that doesn't turn them in is an instant criminal. They don't even have to come get it, just one day catch you in possession of it.

The other thing is licensing and permits. We're not taking you guns away they say, we're just requiring you to apply for a license to own, or permit to carry, or waiting period. Then backlog the process , delay issuing the permit , bury it in bureaucracy.
edit on 11-10-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Yes, considering I recently saw a facebook/tweet post, with someone stating the loss of life could've been even more catastrophic had the shooter put a bump stock on his BOLT ACTION RIFLE..... These are the kinds of people that are voting for laws like these

Laugh if you will, but I had a single shot 16 gauge Stevens shotgun with a 'bump stock'.... factory original!

If you bumped the stock hard enough, it would go off.
(that's why today's single shots have a transfer bar!)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
If & when the day comes for the Government to "take our guns" they had better have a damn HUGH force of people to do it. 7 out of 10 Americans own a firearm.......a percentage of that own more than 1.......That's a lot of firepower to confiscate. When they try it in one state, the next state over the folks will be hiding them and burying them in the damn woods. Any person who falls for turn in your gun legislation.....Is a freaking idiot.

Being from the UK I am sure to upset most with my sentiments BUT maybe the fact people own guns and then get all het up and then rant is another reason humans dont need guns.

Calm down a little, killing each other is not the answer and I am not sure what HUGH (maybe Grant) will do

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

When they come to take away something you have a right to. You tell us how you feel about it.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

When they come to take away something you have a right to. You tell us how you feel about it.

Usually what this boils down to.

"Well, I'm not "using" that right, so why do YOU need it."

It's like that saying I don't remember, something something something nazis, jews no one left etc.

It's not a hard concept, frankly it's grade school stuff. Don't know why people champion government restriction on citizens, then complain about the government having too much control in their next breath. It's asinine.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yeah, well, the kicker is that *I'm* not using that right either, but I fully believe it's still mine and don't want it taken away from me whether I am actively using it or not.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yeah, well, the kicker is that *I'm* not using that right either, but I fully believe it's still mine and don't want it taken away from me whether I am actively using it or not.

Well *you* obviously aren't an idiot.

Sadly most people dont grasp such simple concepts.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Meh, wouldn't worry. 1) This Republican Congress can't pass any legislation and 2) even if it did, many states wouldn't enforce its.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Didn't you know that's the plan....

An unarmed society is a well behaved/controlled society.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join