It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says that Anti-America TV Networks Could Lose Their Broadcast License.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's too bad the fake news is so deeply entrenched in established news media. Yes the news media is complicit in creating the atmosphere of a soft coup overthrow of a duly elected President. Are we going to allow it? People just don't know what's at stake.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Who is against standards for a license?

I say standards for a license to broadcast over the airwaves have already been established. It is not Draconian to qualify if the rules are agreed upon prior. Faking the news, not retracting, not attempting to be fair has consequences.

Yet again, NBC doesn't have a license.

Licenses are issued to individual stations, some of which might play NBC content, because the frequencies matter and must be sufficiently different.

If you have two radio or TV stations operating on the same frequency, they interfere with each other and you get garbage. That's why there is licensing, and why said license is only for the individual stations.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill
a reply to: FHomerK

I'm afraid you are missing the point. The second you allow the government to ISSUE a license, you are admitting that it is conditional. So yeah, if you accept the premise that the FCC has a right to regulate anything at all, you have to accept that they may revoke a license. I do not agree with any regulation of the press, but if the press is abusing the public airwaves by spreading LIES, then what better reason to revoke their broadcasting license? The government should not be allowed to ISSUE broadcasting licenses. That is a dictatorship. There, I fixed that for you.

edit on 13-10-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Who is against standards for a license?

I say standards for a license to broadcast over the airwaves have already been established. It is not Draconian to qualify if the rules are agreed upon prior. Faking the news, not retracting, not attempting to be fair has consequences.

Yet again, NBC doesn't have a license.

Licenses are issued to individual stations, some of which might play NBC content, because the frequencies matter and must be sufficiently different.

If you have two radio or TV stations operating on the same frequency, they interfere with each other and you get garbage. That's why there is licensing, and why said license is only for the individual stations.

A license really doesn't matter if Trump is serious about using the FCC or other government entity to implement some kind of punishment against those offending businesses using whatever type of broadcast medium, they will just shut them down regardless. The government historically swoops in and does what they do best, which is shutting down anyone who comes under their spotlight of the day, figuratively speaking.. Like the IRS being used by Obama to audit and hassle his political opponents.. Same thing basically as far as the mechanism of government being used to limit what people can do is concerned.

I'm kind of doubtful any of these MSM companies will actually be stopped from the transmission of information though.
edit on 13-10-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Apparently Trump is not aware that networks don't have licenses.

This is right up there with him recently claiming Corker's recent interview was recorded without his knowledge 'making Corker look like a fool', only to have them release the tape of Corker openly stating "my people are recording this, and I hope you are too.".

Trump has a serious knack for making himself look like an idiot by not being able to resist commenting on things he doesn't know or understand.
edit on 10/13/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

President Trump alleged on Thursday that the media is in an "all out" fight to take down his administration. It looks like they're trying to overthrow the president with fake news!

So.. did Trump call out the story? Does he ever? You know.. so we can verify if he is full of it or not.

You DO realize he is talking about any story that presents him in a negative light.. right? That is his definition of "fake news."

Exactly. "Fake news" has become a slogan that essentially means "anything I don't like or disagree with". Science = fake news to him.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
Apparently Trump is not aware that networks don't have licenses.

This is right up there with him recently claiming Corker's recent interview was recorded without his knowledge 'making Corker look like a fool', only to have them release the tape of Corker openly stating "my people are recording this, and I hope you are too.".

Trump has a serious knack for making himself look like an idiot by not being able to resist commenting on things he doesn't know or understand.

We had 8 years of Obama so everyone should be used to a president making himself look like a fool by now.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

I couldn't care less if he talks on Twitter or any other social media. I don't listen to/or read twitter, so it has, hmm let's see, zero to do with that.

What it has to do with is quite simply this. He doesn't like what's being said about him--poor baby--so he wants to shut down those who dare, whether rightly or wrong matters not in the slightest, disagree with him.

Who gets shut down next, if Trump gets his way?? Have you pondered that in the slightest?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

You think Trump supporters capable of critical thinking? lol Bless your heart.

As a Paul supporter and Libertarian loaning my vote to the R party for now, i disagree. I do because many of us normal people do know after observing them, that the ones not handing critical thinking are the so called snow flakes of the left. They are clearly acting like lunatics during the "protests". Trump has a big mouth and I don't like the jabs he takes at times as I wouldn't say some of that even though it was true. But, so far he has been accurate, timely like a good comedian and has caused the lefties to be triggered. In so doing, he is making me want to break out the popcorn and soda's and settle in to watch them melt.

Oh the irony of how the lefties think they know what is best for others when they are proving to be mindless drones repeating the narrative talking points of fools and charlatans.

A Libertarian would be denouncing an attack on the 1st Amendment.

What is ironic is that you claim to be a Libertarian but are not denouncing this tyranny.

Yes on all freedoms.

AND we also denounce LIES.. so there...Libertarians do want the truth and licensing liars is not the Gov business. Free speech cover the lies. The Carlin skits on the words we can't say is where my heart is. He was right. That said, lying and calling it news doesn't have to be licensed. That is like saying I approve of the snake oil salesman on the street corner hawking a miracle cure of brain tumors.

There is a big difference between blatant lies / actual fake news stories, and telling a story with a slant/bias or offering an opinion on something. I personally despise the mainstream media here in the US, pretty much all of them are biased toward one side or the other. I don't watch them.

"Fake news" is just a catch phrase, the news isn't actually fake. Trump uses it to describe any news or related opinions that he doesn't like, so the idea that he will try to go after NBC or CNN but ignore Fox News would be extremely hypocritical and contradictory to the claim that he's just trying to keep them honest.

edit on 10 13 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: ParasuvO

I couldn't care less if he talks on Twitter or any other social media. I don't listen to/or read twitter, so it has, hmm let's see, zero to do with that.

What it has to do with is quite simply this. He doesn't like what's being said about him--poor baby--so he wants to shut down those who dare, whether rightly or wrong matters not in the slightest, disagree with him.

Who gets shut down next, if Trump gets his way?? Have you pondered that in the slightest?

With all due respect, I fail to see how stories that are completely fabricated and broadcasted with the explicit intent to harm and undermine the Trump administration, can be viewed simply as something the president "disagrees" with.

Lets at least have some inkling of honesty about this.

(post by jimmyx removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

By whose definition, and who is deciding these things? The person they're aimed at? Oh, yeah, no chance of bias there, is there?

Shutting down the press, regardless of reason, is not a good thing. Why are so many having a hard time seeing this?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Shutting down the press, regardless of reason, is not a good thing. Why are so many having a hard time seeing this?

Because we've become a nation of "snowflakes" who can't tolerate anyone saying anything that doesn't support their personal confirmation biases.

Both sides of the aisle are frothing at the mouth to strip away 1st amendment rights of the other.
edit on 10/13/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Its beyond adorable that some ATS members will jump through hoops to defend this. Your free papers should be as important as your guns and your stars and stripes underwear.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

By whose definition, and who is deciding these things? The person they're aimed at? Oh, yeah, no chance of bias there, is there?

I have had my fill of the MSM liars who have already damaged minds beyond any hope of recovery, and because of the unrepentant liars and defamers in the MSM never stopping, I hope Trump stops them in any way possible. A first amendment violation? Calling it that is a true straw man argument at this point. It sure sounds good though when people want to defend the MSM lies and that they somehow have a right to lie, be deceptive and dishonest, only because it serves the political goals of their mentally enslaved listeners... So I don't care any more. Shut those liars down now.

edit: And it isn't a proposal to shut down the "free press", it's simply a punishment for those who make up complete lies that slander and damage national security by being dishonest, malicious, and slanderous with the clear intent of causing great harm to society, which it has already done beyond repair. Lying is different than just having an opinion. An opinion is what someone feels and sees and senses. Lies and false witness are said knowing they are untrue and are meant to cause harm or great harm to the target of the lie. This is total bullsnipt and you know it.

edit on 13-10-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

You think Trump supporters capable of critical thinking? lol Bless your heart.

As a Paul supporter and Libertarian loaning my vote to the R party for now, i disagree. I do because many of us normal people do know after observing them, that the ones not handing critical thinking are the so called snow flakes of the left. They are clearly acting like lunatics during the "protests". Trump has a big mouth and I don't like the jabs he takes at times as I wouldn't say some of that even though it was true. But, so far he has been accurate, timely like a good comedian and has caused the lefties to be triggered. In so doing, he is making me want to break out the popcorn and soda's and settle in to watch them melt.

Oh the irony of how the lefties think they know what is best for others when they are proving to be mindless drones repeating the narrative talking points of fools and charlatans.

A Libertarian would be denouncing an attack on the 1st Amendment.

What is ironic is that you claim to be a Libertarian but are not denouncing this tyranny.

Yes on all freedoms.

AND we also denounce LIES.. so there...Libertarians do want the truth and licensing liars is not the Gov business. Free speech cover the lies. The Carlin skits on the words we can't say is where my heart is. He was right. That said, lying and calling it news doesn't have to be licensed. That is like saying I approve of the snake oil salesman on the street corner hawking a miracle cure of brain tumors.

There is a big difference between blatant lies / actual fake news stories, and telling a story with a slant/bias or offering an opinion on something. I personally despise the mainstream media here in the US, pretty much all of them are biased toward one side or the other. I don't watch them.

"Fake news" is just a catch phrase, the news isn't actually fake. Trump uses it to describe any news or related opinions that he doesn't like, so the idea that he will try to go after NBC or CNN but ignore Fox News would be extremely hypocritical and contradictory to the claim that he's just trying to keep them honest.

Oh i agree shouldn't just claim it is fake, and i stated we use a fair system agreed upon by all before going forward. If that is too much, then we do have a big problem.

But the FCC has guidelines here on what a broadcast company must do to obtain there license. I wonder why it is unlawful to operate without a license?

"FCC Rules. FCC rules pertaining to radio and television broadcast stations are contained in Parts 73 and 74 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). The CFR is available through the Government Printing Office both online and in book form. For your convenience, here is a link to the Part 73 radio broadcast station rules. These rule lists are updated once a year, after the Code of Federal Regulations website is updated to reflect rule changes from the previous year. "
www.fcc.gov...

edit on 13-10-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

Because we've become a nation of "snowflakes" who can't tolerate anyone saying anything that doesn't support their personal confirmation biases.

Both sides of the aisle are frothing at the mouth to strip away 1st amendment rights of the other.

No one is saying 1st amendment rights are lost but you guys on the left. If they are put in jail, like in the Poltiburo era of Communism and not allowed to speak, yea their rights are violated. The internet is still their friend, no jail time for lying unless it was to that loan officer at the bank.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

No one is saying 1st amendment rights are lost but you guys on the left.

You seem to have me confused with someone else.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Funny... Trump has been caught lying time and again. He has had many breach of contract suits filed against him. Now that he is a national figure, his lies are being called out. Of course, he has First Amendment rights, too. Too bad he is making such poor use of them.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join