It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says that Anti-America TV Networks Could Lose Their Broadcast License.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I'd prefer he focus on breaking up Facebook, twitter and google.

They need some Ma Bell love, imo.

Ma Bell needs some Ma Bell love again too.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

From the link I posted, just for context:

Yeah. I figured that out back here:

So, all the president has to do is file a complaint, with evidence, against each station, and let the FCC investigate

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I believe history shows us only the best leaders attack and threaten all critical media. It's really a sacred American principle for presidents to openly attack freedom of the press. It's also exceptional leadership skills when you can truly tear apart your party, and then the country! Super great.

Or wait, no, actually I think it's all signs of a sh*t leader.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

From the link I posted, just for context:

Yeah. I figured that out back here:

So, all the president has to do is file a complaint, with evidence, against each station, and let the FCC investigate

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know you understand. I was simply posting it to give more information to those that seem to be either stupid or dishonest.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

It bears repeating.
Seems FCC rules are another of those "complicated" things that Trump doesn't know, but loves to blather about.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

It bears repeating.
Seems FCC rules are another of those "complicated" things that Trump doesn't know, but loves to blather about.

Not to mention that the NBC piece is not being taken in it's entire context, which you also pointed-out.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Always great to elect a psychopath who can tease Nuclear War as weekend cliff hanger. Really SMART people vote for that guy!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Anyone who frequents ATS should know to not pay too much attention to headlines.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Anyone who frequents ATS should know to not pay too much attention to headlines.

I find that many of those that frequent ATS are more indoctrinated and misinformed than the general public.

They are the "sheeple" that read headlines and run with them.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
All NBC's stations are licensed.

From their own site listing their stations:
www.nbcstations.com...

A trusted local resource with a worldwide audience, for the last decade NBC News has been watched by more Americans than any other news organization. Shows like Nightly News, Meet the Press and TODAY deliver respected insight and analysis. With skilled coverage of the events that matter most to viewers, the NBC Owned Television Stations are proud to inform, engage, and empower the communities they serve.

edit on 11/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

BEATS waiting for TOUCHY feely l morons getting MINE all KILLED for their missing POLICIES from an Islamic infiltrator you F#CKERS let in, instead of the DOD using the MILITARY and no CIVILIAN think tanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
broadcasting is a privilege not a right, if broadcaster won`t abide by the terms of their license then the license should be revoked.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

All NBC's stations are licensed.

Obviously.
NBC does not have "a license." Each of the stations it owns has its own license. Just as each NBC affiliate station which is owned by someone else has its own license.

The FCC cannot revoke NBC's license because there is no such thing.

edit on 10/11/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Just because Mattis is denying it doesn't mean Trump didn't say it. It's like someone wrote earlier in this thread; not necessarily the right message to be sending out when relations are already strained with Russia, and maybe China too. Mattis would then have decided to tell this white lie in order to avoid messing things up further. It's good for the administration, it's good for foreign relations, I'd say it's the right thing to do anyway. It makes NBC look bad, but probably Mattis doesn't give a damn. The folks at NBC surely understand this too but they have nothing to gain from getting into a fight with Mattis.

Personally I'm pretty sure Trump said it, but I don't think he meant it. He was just caught up in the moment, or using hyperbole. It wouldn't be unlike him. Some of the people present chose to take his words at face value, others chose not. Maybe depending on what agendas they support. We don't know what exactly was said, so it's impossible to say how right or wrong anyone was.

Was it wrong of NBC to report? Not according to the ethics of journalism, if things went down like I said; it's not their job to have the presidents back and protect him from himself. You can argue it was irresponsible and undermines the president and US foreign policy. It's a trade off between transparency and security, there's no textbook answer to whether a particular nugget of news should be published or not.

Is it possible that the sources where fake, made up by NBC? Anything is possible, but I don't see any reason to believe this. The claims are plausible, they're also not that significant in the end, not worth it for the reporter to risk his relationships with other sources over something like this, IMO.

Maybe there needs to be a discussion about anonymous sources. I think they're fine, you just have to decide whether you thrust the journalist or not.

a reply to: seasonal

This might be a good idea. It's not exactly democratic that so few get to be such powerful gatekeepers, even though technically it falls under free speech.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Yeah ... that is why Trump needs to go with anti-trust laws, like the prior poster on this thread stated.

Trump can be the modern Teddy Roosevelt for anti-trust stuff if he wants ... but that is a dream, because probably the 'trusts' (modern day equivalent term would be huge multinational corporations) in some way own him too.

But ... it is fun to dream !

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Liquesence

Of course they knowingly lied, and the lack of retraction or apology underlines it.

Regardless, at this stage THAT IS THE CHARGE.
If the FCC decided to investigate and found NBC to be lying they could revoke the licence - and the 1st Amendment would not protect them.

Pretty easy to understand.

You keep saying 'the license.'

Show it to us. After all, you believe so strongly that it exists, it must - right?

link   

LOL... wow, you just went full retard.

Comments like this are NOT helping the discussion at all, if anything it is driving people apart even more. Use some civility, that's not just directed at you either, that includes some of the Trump supporters in this thread as well.

link   
a reply to: seasonal

This is the prior anti-trust poster I was referring to. Bravo!!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

LOL... wow, you just went full retard.

Comments like this are NOT helping the discussion at all, if anything it is driving people apart even more. Use some civility, that's not just directed at you either, that includes some of the Trump supporters in this thread as well.

We don’t want to be too politically correct, remember?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Except, it isn't true.

This doesn’t include the other large foreign news agencies like BBC, Al Jazeera, etc. or many smaller US outlets like Newsweek, Politico, The Atlantic, The New Yorker and countless others. When looking at this partial list of media sources, it not only seems dubious that 90% is controlled by the “Big Six”, but downright laughable. In fact, it seems plausible the “Big Six” might control less than half of media content. Considering this statistic is not reliably sourced (or sourced at all), it should not be considered credible.

memepoliceman.com...

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join