It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture of the Church

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
www.psychoheresy-aware.org...

Ohhh .... this was VERY interesting. Having been a
psychology major .. I LOVE THIS STUFF! I would have
added a fifth to their list of four .... GRUMPY.

Excellent reading.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
but I like Heart of Glass and The Tide is High better. What's that? Oh, we're not talking about Blondie? My bad.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997Actually, YOU are yet another confirmation of scripture and prophecy.
Really? I would say that you are a proponent of duplicity, your scripture means nothing to me, it holds no validity, for if it did, I might very well tell you that it warns you of false prophets, and you listen to the false prophets who have managed to creep into those words.

Well, I will tell you anyway. You have been warned of false prophets by the authors knowing full well that the false prophets who wrote this tripe would play to your psyche and have you dismiss everything but they the false prophets who wrote this diatribe.

That is how easy it was to fool you with their argument.

You will, die, and probably live countless more times, but you will never be experiencing Revelation. It is a stupid notion that attempts to reduce the creator to the simplistic notions of man.

[edit on 2/15/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
But we still have like 7 years to have this all happen. But I have also heard that the whole thing was suppose to happen starting this year (2005) and with the 7 year tribulation end on 2012,well as you can see it hasn't happened yet. I also hate how people are trying to put a certain date to this whole thing.

Since I believe in the rapture before the tribulation I'm going to throw something into the mix. What if there is a period of time between the catching away and the beginning of the tribulation?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Why do people put so much faith into these "prediction" when the source is questionable from plagiarism and obvious use of mind control?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
Why many of your fellow Christians on this board do. Obviously since you are flabbergasted by that, I must ask, why is it that the one and only true religion cannot find agreement amongst its congregation?

They shouldn't be, we're not Omniscient and we're not God. King Hezekiah in the Bible was on His deathbed and was told he was going to die. He honestly prayed to God and God extended His life by another 15 years. The city of Ninevah was going to be destroyed and when Jonah told them they repented and God delyaed their destruction. Things are on God's timetable not ours.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
OK I didn't read all the posts so if this is a rehashing of previously posted stuff, tough. Several or many thousands of years ago, a guy, not too bright, walked up to a village elder, a little brighter, and said, "How come I can't eat pork after the third day of it sittin' in the sun?" The slightly smarter guy, (not wanting to look like a know-it-all, cause ya know where that gets ya), says,"GOD says its a bad idea and you shouldn't do it". Then the moron (average person) asked about four hundred and three more questions, most of them as stupid as the one about sun broiled pork, and the guy winged it. Soon he forgot the questions and answers but soon another moron, next guy in line, showed up at his door and so he wrote them down, questions and answers, so he could be fluent in idioese. And so we have the beginning of a major religion, attach any brand you wish at this point, just because one guy didn't want to take the heat and thought a bunch of people with the collective IQ's of a cauliflower would take the news better if they thought it came from an omnipotent being. Frankly, if there is a GOD and man is the best he could do,
pathetic.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandtThey shouldn't be, we're not Omniscient and we're not God. King Hezekiah in the Bible was on His deathbed and was told he was going to die. He honestly prayed to God and God extended His life by another 15 years. The city of Ninevah was going to be destroyed and when Jonah told them they repented and God delyaed their destruction. Things are on God's timetable not ours.
Well they do believe 2012 is the end of their world, which is just one aspect of what fascinates me so with there being no equilibrium to Christianity, even to defy that by all rights this is the year 2011 at the least. This speaks to the incongruous and obstinate nature of the doctrine itself and the mixed messages it sends to its adherents.

Now Hezekiah may have had his life extended, but just because it is written in your Bible that God willed it makes it so? Perhaps the man's diagosis was inaccurate. How else do you account for so many today living past their proscribed time as alotted by physicians once fatal disease has been diagnosed? My mother-in-law is a fine example, 12 years and counting. If I were to write that she lives because God wills it, despite the prognosis, does it make my statement correct or the physicians' incorrect? They are human after all, remember? And people have a will to live or not, likewise, science is ever evolving.

Now were I to say that I live today by intervention of God's angels steering me miles away from a multi-car fatal accident, you have no choice but to believe me based on your faith. However the family of the dead from that accident may see it as being their time, is that not correct? So who then writes the book?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The book of revelaions was an inspiration to confuse mankind. For mankind had created temples and priests all sorts of rituals that required sacrifice and and money and God knows whatever else.

Man is not to understand the end days. Did it ever occur to you that end days may mean the return to the days of eden and not Chariots and Horses and fire. One merely needs to look at the tower of Babyl, and see that he repeated himself through John and confused us all over again.

Gods saying...for crying out loud, would you stop trying to be better yourselves over one another and just get along. Here John. Heres a confusing ass book that will keep everyone entertained and weed out the idiots who claim they have a mainline with me. Revelation....Scrambled babyl style for Not Reveal. It is mans folly to attempt to forsee his destiny. Mans destiny and the universe is within all of us if wed just stop worrying about the process.

It wasnt meant to be translated. Minutia. There is no opinion, for you cannot control those days. What you can do is to create great days by being good to each and every person you meet. Give selflessly, forgive, share, and Love. The days of eden you will see can begin with one man alone. Things previously unknowm, will become known, for everyman has the blueprint of God within him in a physical form.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
The book of revelaions was an inspiration to confuse mankind.

My take on revelations - St. John was OLD. He had a difficult
and stressful life. All his friends were assassinated. He survived
numerous assassination attempts. He was in excile. He wasn't
eatting the best foods. STRESS STRESS OLD-AGE and MORE STRESS.

Dementia driven dreams. That's all. They had holy figures because
his whole life was centered around holy things, but dementia driven
dreams by an old, stressed out guy, is all Revelation was.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
on the rapture

1Co 15:51 Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

*last trump* used in conjuction with revelations.
Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
My take on revelations - St. John was OLD. He had a difficult

If you're saying this, then you have to say the same for Dan (Daniel), Zeke (Ezekiel) and others too because they saw the same thing.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by saint4God]

[edit on 16-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Dan (Daniel), Zeke (Ezekiel) and others too because
they saw the same thing.

John was very much aware of the writings of Daniel and
Ezekiel. They were already in his memory and his thoughts
when his dementia set in. His dementia driven dreams
were based on his religion because he was so steeped in
it.

Have you ever read a really interesting book or watched
an interesting mini-series or TV show ... then gone to bed
and dreamed about it? Do you dream about your work?
If you are a student do you dream about school? Take this
and then add the stress and old age and other factors.
There you have it .... 'Revelations'.

Daniel and Ezekiel may (or may not) have had visions of
God or whatever .... I won't argue their point either way.
There isn't enough information about the people, or what
was going on with them physically and mentally to make guesses.
However, Revelations is highly suspect due to the situation.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The book of Revelations was an inspiration to confuse mankind. My take on revelations - St. John was OLD. He had a difficult

I gave up on this thread a few pages back but this one is the best, Senfan you are on to something, actually is some talks that they ancients actually were links to aliens and the thinks they used to see in the dreams about voices and apparitions and briht lights in the sky were nothing more or nothing else than Aliens space ships.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Senfan you are on to something

Hi Marg. I'm a FLYERSfan! The Sens are our arch enemies!

But I forgive ya'!!
I know the hockey stuff is confusing,
especially what with the lock out and all!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Senfan you are on to something

Hi Marg. I'm a FLYERSfan! The Sens are our arch enemies!

But I forgive ya'!!
I know the hockey stuff is confusing,
especially what with the lock out and all!

Oh, my
I apologized I didn't mean to change your name sorry.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Marg, Dbrandt (mentioned):

Marg >> Hummm.................only virgin mens so that right there will tell you how bias the bible, girls have not change. Revelations was not part of the original texts it was added after the church debated about it.

What? Please explain for the benefit of everyone here just how many ‘books’ are contained by Marg’s Bible? What is the curse added to those who make Marg’s claim?

“I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if ANYONE ‘takes away’ from THE WORDS of the BOOK OF THIS PROPHECY, God will TAKE AWAY his part from the TREE OF LIFE and from the HOLY CITY, which are written in this book.” Revelation 22:18-19.

Ms. Marg not only wants to ‘take away’ from the words of this book, she wants to remove the book IN IT’S ENTIRETY! The truly amusing aspect of her statement is that ‘our’ mystery (1Cor. 15:51) Rapture (1Thes. 4:17) takes place with the trumpet heard “behind” John (Rev. 1:10) to START the “Lord’s Day” (= Day of the Lord = 1Thes. 5:1+2) way back in Revelation 1!

“Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "Death is swallowed up in victory. "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?" 1Corinthians 15:51-55.

“For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself WILL DESCEND FROM HEAVEN with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God [1Cor. 15:52] , and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be CAUGHT UP together with them in the clouds to MEET THE LORD in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.” 1Thessalonians 4:15-17.

Let’s see how many of the “NO RAPTURE” crowd can ‘quote >>’ Paul and give us their thoughtful commentary on his “Rapture” (1Thes 4:17) teachings.

Marg >> Better to keep the people afraid of hell than free I wonder if they knew how the population of the world was to grow through the centuries.

Paul teaches these Thessalonians to ‘lead a quiet life’ (1Thes. 4:11) before explaining The Rapture (1Thes. 4:13-17) AND to “comfort one another with these words” (1Thes. 4:18) after the explanation. That is because Paul is describing the START of the 1000 Years that Satan is in the pit (Rev. 20:2), while Christ (Matt. 24) is describing events taking place only AFTER that 1000 Years is complete (Rev. 20:7+). GL seeing the difference. Many thanks to Dbrandt for digging up this old Rapture Thread.

In Christ Jesus even now,

Terral

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Believe what you want as far as the rapture.......

I used to be a hard core christian, took my whole family and such, after extensive bible study and questioning my old pastor, I read nothing to indicate all of the drama about the rapture. Oh there MIGHT be one....but its not spelled out in plan english in the bible. thats one of many reasons why i'm now a wiccan

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyraxx

I used to be a hard core christian,

What made you a christian, did you do something else? I'm not talking about the stuff above that I deleted, because none of that made you a christian. I'm looking for something else specific that happens in a moment of time and makes someone a christian.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The following scriptures make it clear to me that all must face death before gaining a heavenly reward
Rom. 6:3-5, RS: “Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? . . . For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.”

What occurred in the case of Jesus set the pattern. His disciples as well as others knew he had died. He was not restored to heavenly life until after his death and resurrection.

1 Cor. 15:35, 36, 44, RS: “Some one will ask, ‘How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?’ You foolish man! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body.”

So death comes before one receives that spiritual body according to this scripture.
The faithful who die do not have to linger in a deathlike state awaiting a future ressurection. Instead if they finish their earthly course, faithful...enduring till the end, they are changed, "in the twinkling of an eye".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join