It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No...They won't be OK.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm in India at the moment staying with my girlfriends family (i'm from England) and there are so many animals on the streets here. At the moment we are feeding a tiny pup boiled chicken each day as it was almost starved to death. He is getting a little stronger I think and even managed to wag his tail when I last took him some food. It's tragic really. We found another pup in a bad way and were informed that all his siblings had been killed in a car accident (five of them). We used facebook and found an amazing person who wanted to adopt. The fun part was that this person was at the time staying in Australia. He asked us to drop the dog off with his family and now we know he skypes with it each day (sends us pictures) and I feel so glad to have made a little bit of a difference. It is disheartening when you see all the animals in such a bad way here and sometimes I get the feeling of "It's not making any difference there are always more". But then I think of how much of a difference it makes to the ones we are helping and realize that's what matters. We humans have a duty of care I think. If someone can do something to help they should.

Not all of my stories from here have happy endings though. We tried to help a kitten that was so malnourished it could hardly walk and it did seem to be getting better but sadly it wasn't to be. He/She (never learned which) took a turn for the worse one night and I ended up in a taxi driving to a vet at 2am. I still feel so angry at these useless so called vets. They had a 2-minute look at the kitten and told us it's fine, it just needs some meds (that they didn't have). At this point it could barely stand up and was getting cold. We couldn't do anything besides take it home as this was the only place open. We tried to keep it warm with a hairdryer and we sat up with it all night and it kept trying to get up and walk like it wanted to be alive. At about 6am it started crying and it was so heartbreaking to watch and hear. At this point, I asked my girlfriend to leave the room as I knew it was almost the end and then it passed away when I was watching and I watched its life leave it. Honestly one of the saddest nights I have experienced in a long time. I think it was because we had sort of adopted it for a while. It was living with us and we would go out to get its food and medicines and we felt it was going to get better.

Anyway sorry to hijack your thread with such a big post, I just wanted to share. I think anyone that helps animals is a good person doing a good thing and if everyone did it the world would be a much better place.

edit on 14-10-2017 by DL432 because: Grammar error

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join