It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hotel maintenance worker recalls dodging Stephen Paddock’s bullets ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Full article title: "Hotel maintenance worker recalls dodging Stephen Paddock’s bullets minutes before he shot at Las Vegas crowd"

So now the maintenance worker has been identified and interviewed:

“I could feel them (bullets) pass right behind my head,” engineer Stephen Schuck told NBC News’ “Today” on Wednesday. “Something hit me in the back.”

Schuck was on a higher level of the Las Vegas hotel on Oct. 1 when he got a call to look at a fire exit door that wouldn’t open on the 32nd floor.

So the maintenance worker was on his way to check out a fire exit door that wouldn't open and he arrived on the floor of the event.

Schuck was just entering the hallway when the first round of bullets went off at about 9:59 p.m.

“As soon as they stopped, I saw Jesus pop out….he yelled at me to take cover,” Schuck said. “As soon as I started to go to a door to my left, the rounds started coming down the hallway.”

I wonder where Shuck was coming from into the hallway?

Schuck said he radioed for help once the shooting did stop, ran down the hallway and took cover with Campos.

Audio obtained by NBC News also indicated Schuck alerted his superiors that Paddock was firing some 200 rounds within the hotel hallway.

NY Daily News

So, now we have not only the head of the security department but also the head of maintenance (and whoever else who may have been listening to the radio) aware of exactly where the shooter was. And again with the "200 rounds," shtick.

Related ATS threads:

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

Interesting new Vegas shooting detail emerges from Sheriff

About the Vegas Killer... newest info

The Vegas shooting plot thickens - mysterious Paddock home break-in

Paddock. the conspiracy ideas have Begun. Assange says FBI did it whats your take

Insider Trading and Financial Anomalies Surrounding the Las Vegas Attack

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Weird.
So the guy was hit in the back...but not really?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Weird.
So the guy was hit in the back...but not really?

I cant find any quotes directly from Campos, whats the deal with the shifting timeline

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
They are pushing this 200 bullets nonsense pretty hard. Maintenance guy comes forward just in time to give credit for the changed timeline of Campos... How convenient really...

Now we have actually two people in the way of 200 bullets yet only one leg hit...

And now we have two people who allegedly called it in immediately...

edit on 11-10-2017 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2017 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I wonder where Shuck was coming from into the hallway?

That double doorway faces straight down a long hallway with rooms and elevator entryways on both sides.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

They are pushing this 200 bullets nonsense pretty hard

Figure of speech, obviously nobody knew how many rounds went thru the door. They probably still don't. Not only, sounds of firing within the room would sound pretty much the same to people in the hallway whether he was shooting thru the closed doors or out the window.

A long burst of fire thru the door would pretty much clear the hallway, ya thimk? Paddock knew this. A sort of preemptive guarantee of undisturbed mayhem for the next few minutes.

link   
From the NBC story:

A hotel maintenance worker says he barely escaped unscathed when Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock opened fire down a hallway — and credited a hotel security guard with saving his life.

"When the first shooting started, I was kind of frozen for a second," worker Stephen Schuck said Wednesday on "TODAY." "He yelled at me, 'Take cover! Take cover!' If he yelled a second too late, I would have been shot."

Schuck said he came upon security guard Jesus Campos, who was unarmed and injured in his leg, as Paddock fired more than 200 bullets into the hall and nearby rooms at the beginning of his deadly rampage on Oct. 1. "I am incredibly blessed that somehow I came out of there alive," Schuck added.

So, Schuck arrived after Campos had been shot but at about the same time the "200 rounds," started to fly down the hallway.

And Campos (who we still don't have any direct quotes from as has been pointed out by many) is still being made out to be a hero.

Schuck said the gunfire in the hallway was relentless and he "could feel them [the rounds] pass right behind my head." He said he took cover until the shooting stopped and he could reach Campos, then he radioed for help.

Lombardo said the shooting finally stopped 10 minutes later, at 10:15 p.m.

A police SWAT team got to the 32nd floor at 10:17 p.m., and a minute later learned that the security guard was hit and where the shots were fired from.

Looking at the above excerpt, we can see that as far as can be discerned, there was nothing to really stop the shooter from continuing his spree and for reasons unknown he stops, mid-massacre, and offs himself before police are on scene. From there, an hour passes before the door is breached.

This story has more holes than the hotel room door does.

link   
You know , this whole deal reminds me of an old Eddie Murphy comedy routine
"Hit by a car"
"Yeah , I seen it. I seen everything"
No wonder we are hearing so many conflicting stories from law enforcement.

edit on 10/11/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am curious how did this maintenance worker access the hallway? Usually, maintenance personnel use the stairs so they don't mix with the guests on the elevators. But, if I remember right the stairs had a screw bar across it...hmmm.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I am curious how did this maintenance worker access the hallway? Usually, maintenance personnel use the stairs so they don't mix with the guests on the elevators. But, if I remember right the stairs had a screw bar across it...hmmm.

I think there's a service elevator.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Looking at the above excerpt, we can see that as far as can be discerned, there was nothing to really stop the shooter from continuing his spree and for reasons unknown he stops, mid-massacre, and offs himself before police are on scene. From there, an hour passes before the door is breached.

He shot as long as his madness allowed him, then feeling absolute horror at what he just did, and being the coward he was, he made sure he was dead before the police arrived.

link   
Eyewitness accounting ?

The most unreliable source of information there is.

www.scientificamerican.com...

link   
Took over a week to come out that he was shot at? With all this 24/7 coverage trying to cover up this obvious inside job?

That hardly seems suspect at all...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
We need to keep in mind there are three players in the race to define the narrative...
1.) LVPD
2.) FBI
3.) MGM

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9
They are pushing this 200 bullets nonsense pretty hard. Maintenance guy comes forward just in time to give credit for the changed timeline of Campos... How convenient really...

Or was he the reason they had to change their timeline, flipping it from the end of the massacre to before the beginning?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

The shifting timeline issue:

I heard on the radio today something that made perfect sense to me, and I'll try to paraphrase intelligently, if possible, for you. The working theory by Judge Andrew Napolitano is that it all boils down to liability.

Here the theory out.

So, IF the shooting happened six or so minutes prior to Paddock opening fire on the crowd, and the security (and maintenance guy, apparently) did not appropriately call in the threat due to the possibility of them not having appropriate equipment (or some similar issue) to do so, the hotel could be held legally liable because the police could have arrived sooner and possibly stopped or limited the carnage sooner.

Working under that approach, it would make sense that the hotel(s) are denouncing the updated timeline and want to go with the story that had their employees encountering Paddock's room AFTER the shooting started. This would mollify any liability concerning the reaction time of their security officer concerning getting law enforcement on the scene in a timely manner.

Just a working theory, but seems to be a decent possibility. If it's true, I will NEVER patronize Mandalay Bay or MGM properties, at least knowingly.

edit on 11-10-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Figure of speech, obviously nobody knew how many rounds went thru the door. They probably still don't.

You would think, by now someone actually would have counted the bullet holes on the other side of that corridor or the surrounding area? Pretty serious incident for figure of speech still after 10 days...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Butterfinger

The shifting timeline issue:

I heard on the radio today something that made perfect sense to me, and I'll try to paraphrase intelligently, if possible, for you. The working theory by Judge Andrew Napolitano is that it all boils down to liability.

Here the theory out.

So, IF the shooting happened six or so minutes prior to Paddock opening fire on the crowd, and the security (and maintenance guy, apparently) did not appropriately call in the threat due to the possibility of them not having appropriate equipment (or some similar issue) to do so, the hotel could be held legally liable because the police could have arrived sooner and possibly stopped or limited the carnage sooner.

Working under that approach, it would make sense that the hotel(s) are denouncing the updated timeline and want to go with the story that had their employees encountering Paddock's room AFTER the shooting started. This would mollify any liability concerning the reaction time of their security officer concerning getting law enforcement on the scene in a timely manner.

Just a working theory, but seems to be a decent possibility. If it's true, I will NEVER patronize Mandalay Bay or MGM properties, at least knowingly.

Yes.
MGM has a huge financial stake in how this comes down.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Police knew Schuck would tell his story. That's why the timeline changed and they admitted a maintenance man was there.

If this isn't a false flag, then for what possible reason would the police not tell the true events of the night? And what else are they lying/not telling? Campos has to be a suspect. If he was innocent he would be telling his story and playing the hero. He's lawyered up.

But why the blatant coverup? Worst mass shooting in decades and the investigation is corrupted. We may never know why and who was involved.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Remember, initially after the event how the LVPD was gushing shared credit over the MGM staff..."Heros", etc.

ENTER the FBI.

Now, MGM is being marginalized.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join