It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Commissioner Goodell Now Agrees with President Trump. PLAYERS MUST STAND.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: RazorV66
.., at that point most of the country would boycott the league and they know it.

Hardly. The only ones that are boycotting or would boycott mostly aren't NFL fans to start with. Thus not affecting the league at all.

I boycotted .... Fan my whole life. You guys always underestimate how many are on the other team.

"Mostly". Of course there will be a few that will cut off their nose to spite their face. That hasn't hurt the league though.

Really? I am not even a die hard Trump guy at all and I boycotted. Now all the die hards boycotted for sure and that is alot of people. And before you say its not alot of people look who is sitting in the White House..

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I swear more than half the city gave up on them. It seems that everyone I know don't care/watch them anymore, that is saying a lot from Steeler crazy Pittsburgh.

As for a strike, I don't see that happening. Like most are saying on here, it is all about the $$$$$

JT

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

.., at that point most of the country would boycott the league and they know it.

Hardly. The only ones that are boycotting or would boycott mostly aren't NFL fans to start with. Thus not affecting the league at all.
except that's categorically false.

www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/09/26/directv-allows-some-nfl-refunds-after-anthem-controversy.amp.html

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

How could you possibly know that? Source Please...I watched the NFL religiously. Maybe you're are mistaken the NFL for the CFL. Who knows, but definitely want to see how you came to the conclusion that the majority upset about the players protest don't watch the NFL.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The NFL being a private business it can dictate its own rules. That being said I still think the players that want to sit or kneel will and just pay a fine.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Only the few before Trump. It is a protest against Trump..

Yah its been turned into something else.

Can't address police brutality on TV, can we.

Anything but that.

But thanks anyway for agreeing with origin of the "movement". BLM started for the same reason. In fact they filed their charter the day George Zimmerman was acquitted for Killing Trayvon Martin.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

except that's categorically false.

www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/09/26/directv-allows-some-nfl-refunds-after-anthem-controversy.amp.html

Which are then gobbled up by others. If this was hurting the league the owners would have mandated the players stand. They haven't. You have to know how the league works. Wishful thinking is just that.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greenblaz
a reply to: Gothmog

I swear more than half the city gave up on them. It seems that everyone I know don't care/watch them anymore, that is saying a lot from Steeler crazy Pittsburgh.

As for a strike, I don't see that happening. Like most are saying on here, it is all about the $$$$$

JT

You made me laugh . My ancestors have lived in Georgia forever. Steelers fan since , well since.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Lol... just lol..

The protest never had ANYTHING to do with the flag, military or free speech.

That was the propaganda deflection by those hoping to profit of being the opposition party..

Goodell is screwong up big time because almost all of his employees are on the opposing side of the debate..

Sitting for the anthem was never going to kill the nfl.. this might.

The players could revolt and what happens then???

The NFL is built on the fact “these are the best football players in the world”..

Does it survive with everyone knowing all the players are second rate??

I doubt it.

NFL sales are dropping exactly like every other TV based thing in existence. Because regular TV is dying and it’s really hard to monetize the internet with all the piracy and such...

You can lose a percentage of the fan base and still have the sport work, but if you remove all the best players.... I think you lose all the fan base.

The nfl becomes the minor league..and the minor leagues get very little play.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The league is hurting I’m sure... but this isnt even remotely the driving force..

Maybe football was never going to be an immortal institution.. that this ebb was always going to happen as our society evolved.

Plus you have the problem with monetizing the nfl in a internet market. While your whole inferstructure is set up for television marketing..

link   
It was never about the flag, or disrespectful to America.

One issue is the military pays a lot of money to have the players out there standing with the crowd during the anthem.

It is a recruitment tool to associate football with patriotism. The NFL may lose that lucrative source of income as well as continue the divisiveness if they don't ask players to comply or face consequences. That's one thing anyway.

Follow the money. It always wins.

I think we could all use a break from divisiveness. Some here seem to thrive on it. I do think we could use a break from it during football.

There needs to be a discussion on abuses and inequalities in the justice system. How easily people were manipulated into making the kneeling thing about the flag itself to avoid that topic and punish those who brought it up.

Divided we fall. We all lose.
edit on 11-10-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: intrepid

It's not a limited quantity. It can't be gobbled up by others.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm actually encouraged by this whole circus of a situation.

Sports in general being such a huge distraction, maybe folks will FINALLY turn their attention to more important issues. When you know or care more about a freaking player or team more than your own representatives and perspective candidates, obviously there is something seriously wrong.

Hell, the loss of interest in football alone would probably increase the amount of voter turnouts nationwide!

edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 11 Oct 2017 11:35:10 -050010amWednesdayth11am by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Sports in general being such a huge distraction, maybe folks will FINALLY turn their attention to more important issues.

They have. Game of Thrones.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Are you saying you have no distractions in your life?
No movies?
Tv shows?
Video games?
How about a good book?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Are you saying you have no distractions in your life?
No movies?
Tv shows?
Video games?
How about a good book?

Sports are more powerful than any of those. Compare super bowl viewers vs. an inauguration ceremony.

Exactly.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Sports in general being such a huge distraction, maybe folks will FINALLY turn their attention to more important issues.

They have. Game of Thrones.

Lol. Touché.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You didn't answer the question.
Do you have any distractions in your life?
Or are your side interests more important than football fans?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

You didn't answer the question.
Do you have any distractions in your life?
Or are your side interests more important than football fans?

That's two questions.

Considering I don't have a TV, WiFi or cable, and I typically only read what interests me, instead of being fed what I should think and feel (news, etc.) I can't think of how the way I operate could be considered distractive.

As to your second question, yes my side interests are more important than freaking football fans...Geezus.
edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 11 Oct 2017 12:00:24 -050010pmWednesdayth12pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I doubt anything enforceable would happen until it's negotiated with the NFLPA.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join