It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Commissioner Goodell Now Agrees with President Trump. PLAYERS MUST STAND.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

hopefully, this is what happens... so many sensitive folks out there.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Nik0laTesla

i'm glad for you, I know those few minutes must have been a horror for you, bless your sensitive heart.

Yeah because God forbid everyone can't drop their political sides for a few minuets and be united and together as a common neighbor.

Yeah thanks a lot.

I am in favor of getting rid of the anthem also since no one can behave like an adult.
edit on 11-10-2017 by Nik0laTesla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: intrepid

They have nest eggs, if they are smart and can weather a work stoppage.

Even if that isn't the case I'm sure the CFL or the newly formed PAC Pro League would be interested in picking up some top level talent.

Nest egg, nothing. Millions are invested in star players that draw TV audiences that drink millions of dollars of beer.

They don't want that profit margin rocked even a little bit. In fact from their perspective TV audiences (and therefore sales) are up just for this.

So fan the flames, rock the boat, but 'look like' they are aghast at the awful ,terrible, desecration of the flag, lol.

In the end its about the friggin money.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: carewemust

Pretty sure there will be a strike now. You can't have a season without players.

Let them strike. It will be the final nail in the coffin for the National Felon League.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I know, those few minutes of torture when someone takes a respectful knee. it's horrific really, I see your point.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Pretty sure there will be a strike now. You can't have a season without players.

Nobody is gonna strike over that.
They would become the most hated group in the country and the NFL would really be done at that point.

It's called "the principle of the thing." Remember when the NFL wouldn't allow long hair or beards? As I have suggested, the destruction of the NFL may be what Trump has in mind.

I agree with that.. It does seem like a vendetta.. But The players could have showed solidarity without pissing so many people off..

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

I know, those few minutes of torture when someone takes a respectful knee. it's horrific really, I see your point.

Yup because "My selfish personal issues or I want to act like a petulant child and let the world know."

I see your point too. That's nice.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

This tweet contradicts all rational economic theory:

It would be really nice if the Fake News Media would report the virtually unprecedented Stock Market growth since the election.Need tax cuts

When the economy is expanding, you want to decrease the monetary supply, not add to it...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

HAHAHAHA LMAO.

I didn't vote for Trump , but you got to give it to him going against some of the biggest players.

ATS Public Service Announcement:
Boys and girls never forget there is no such thing as ideals or beliefs in politics among the leaders , only MONEY.

edit on 421031America/ChicagoWed, 11 Oct 2017 10:42:20 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Nobody is gonna strike over that.
They would become the most hated group in the country and the NFL would really be done at that point.

It's called "the principle of the thing." Remember when the NFL wouldn't allow long hair or beards? As I have suggested, the destruction of the NFL may be what Trump has in mind.

They have always allowed long hair and beards.....some individual teams did not allow it though.
Just like some teams have strict rules for traveling attire to and from games and airports.....some teams say the players must wear suits.
The NFLPA union is not going to allow them to strike over not being able to kneel for the flag and anthem.
They would be crazy to do that, at that point most of the country would boycott the league and they know it.
And there is only maybe 100 or so hardcore kneeling players in the entire league anyway.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It would be really nice if the Fake News Media would report the virtually unprecedented Stock Market growth since the election.Need tax cuts

When the economy is expanding, you want to decrease the monetary supply, not add to it...

Appreciating stock value does not equate to additional income for WORKING PEOPLE.

NEED TAX CUTS!

Now...back on topic?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Some people can't help but self destruct.
But.
Strike will never happen.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

.., at that point most of the country would boycott the league and they know it.

Hardly. The only ones that are boycotting or would boycott mostly aren't NFL fans to start with. Thus not affecting the league at all.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Sundays a day off sitting and watching TV isn't on my schedule this year. I can build my railroad and drink beer and be outdoors.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: intrptr

beaten and or killed for 'non compliance' .

OMG what?? Just wow..

The demonstration taking a knee by NFL players isn't about flags or anthems. Its a demonstration against police brutality.

Where you been?

Only the few before Trump. It is a protest against Trump.. Where have you been? Why is no one talking about BLM?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

.., at that point most of the country would boycott the league and they know it.

Hardly. The only ones that are boycotting or would boycott mostly aren't NFL fans to start with. Thus not affecting the league at all.

I boycotted .... Fan my whole life. You guys always underestimate how many are on the other team.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Appreciating stock value does not equate to additional income for WORKING PEOPLE.

NEED TAX CUTS!

Now...back on topic?

Well now I know you don't know how macroeconomics works.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: intrepid

I boycotted .... Fan my whole life. You guys always underestimate how many are on the other team.

"Mostly". Of course there will be a few that will cut off their nose to spite their face. That hasn't hurt the league though.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I was listening to Judge Andrew Napolitano today on my way into work, and he said that a demand (which this isn't, yet) from Goodell to force players to do something like this will be challenged and shot down by the courts because nearly every stadium, if not all, are considered government property (of the cities and possibly the states where they exist). In being so, a private employer supposedly cannot mandate that employees refrain from exercising their 1st Amendment rights UNLESS the employer can prove that it's detrimental to their business.

That's what I've been wondering and trying to find a legal opinion on. The government may be too involved with the NFL for it not to be a 1st Amendment issue. Thanks for posting that.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well, I guess all you self-righteous folk in this thread can take a step back for a moment. Seems you were too excited about your pumpkin on a stick's tweet this morning.

NFL Responds to Donald Trump's Anthem Tweet, Calls Commentary 'Inaccurate'

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join