It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Commissioner Goodell Now Agrees with President Trump. PLAYERS MUST STAND.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: DJW001

I hope they do strike!

Let us regular folk play the game, it'd be way more entertaining.

I was around for the last strike... And it wasnt lol.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: carewemust

Pretty sure there will be a strike now. You can't have a season without players.

GOOD POINT. The players union went ballistic, when Dallas Cowboys owner, Jerry Jones, told players this week that they will stand for the anthem, or not play in the game.

Professional athletes skew black. White athletes tend to support their black teammates. Previously they were protesting racist policemen. Now they will be protesting a racist President.

link   
a reply to: notsure1

And when the possibility of those players losing their jobs over their protest was raised entire teams joined in solidarity. Do you think they're going to stop now that those threats are becoming reality? If anything that's going to drive them to show more solidarity.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: notsure1
Only a few players even kneeled Before Trump. Because they did not give a Shi about the cause you think now they will strike over a cause they never even cared about?

LMAO

It's not about the original cause, I bet you don't even know what the original cause was. What it's about now is about one thing and one thing only: The government stepping in and trying to dictate how a private business is run.

Ill bet you are wrong.
edit on 11-10-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Couple things.

One the whole thing wreaks of a massive conspray to gain ratings. Just watch what happens when they decide to "stand"..

Also the NFL commissioner can't just make this without going through the players union.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Nothing in that source saying he is forcing anyone to stand. He is making a plea to do so. He doesn't have the mandate to do such. Maybe next week but not now:

Goodell and NFL team owners will meet in New York City next week for their annual fall meeting, where the protests will apparently be discussed.

The owners are the "say" in the NFL, not the commissioner.

Agreed. And what if they continue to kneel anyway? Send them back to the locker room, or fine them before the game?

Lulz. Thats why its so pervasive. Professional athletes can't be treated like second class citizens on the street-- beaten and or killed for 'non compliance' .

But leave it to Officialdom to deflect the issue to flags, anthems and National Pride.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nik0laTesla
So much for protesting against the injustices of society. Poor black people. They are the most persecuted, but I wonder how will they show support now they can no longer disrespect the anthem? Maybe staying in the locker room would be a good start.

How about they spend some of their millions to make infomercials to inform people about police abuse????

That would make too much sense and not news worthy.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just a reminder that Trump owned a team at a rival football league... which he single handedly drove into the ground. Destroying the NFL would be sweet revenge. Just saying....

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Pretty sure there will be a strike now. You can't have a season without players.

Pretty sure there wont be
Players love that money...
The end of the NFL political game . Back to playing US football.
BTW - the kneeling was against league rules
I can go back to watching my Steelers. Or maybe not as I have realized the better game of the NCAAF

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And when the possibility of those players losing their jobs over their protest was raised entire teams joined in solidarity. Do you think they're going to stop now that those threats are becoming reality? If anything that's going to drive them to show more solidarity.

These guys are not going to give up their $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and strike over something so stupid.

When they share the numbers with the players and show them that alot more people are offended then they originally thought and if they dont stop it now there will be no NFL...

The players are not going to kill the league .

edit on 11-10-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I wish I could protest at a workplace. I don't have millions of dollars and my boss would fire me.

Must be nice.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Only a few players even kneeled Before Trump. Because they did not give a Shi about the cause you think now they will strike over a cause they never even cared about?

LMAO

Perhaps their union is all-powerful and compelling?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

LMAO

Perhaps their union is all-powerful and compelling?

A lot like the police unions protecting psychos and out of shape cops.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

A strike won't last long. Once the checks stop, too many of the players will have a hard time with child support payments to their baby mamas. They will quickly be back on the field.

You have to remember that most of the players are not making tens of millions per year. Far too many live well beyond their means in light of the short life of a NFL player. All that being "woke" won't last long once the checks stop and the mortgage is due, the payments on the Phantom, the baby mama wants her check, etc.

The players will quickly learn playing in the NFL is a business and messing up the cash flow over some stupid sh*t is not worth it.

One question. Is the mother of a white player's child a "baby mama"? I think I hear a dog whistle there.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

It goes well with the dog wag by the administration.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

That was not a possibility yet... It might be now so lets see how unified they are... I bet they are all standing the F%%% up lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Nobody is gonna strike over that.
They would become the most hated group in the country and the NFL would really be done at that point.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

When they share the numbers with the players and show them that alot more people are offended then they originally thought and if they dont stop it now there will be no NFL...

Not even close. The noisemakers mostly don't follow the NFL anyway and don't affect the bottom line. The owners know this. They don't want a labor relations dispute any more than the players do. The last time was about money. A LOT of money. This won't get that far as it's political not monetary. And you can say that they are losing money but no they aren't. No matter what you might want to believe.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

originally posted by: Edumakated

A strike won't last long. Once the checks stop, too many of the players will have a hard time with child support payments to their baby mamas. They will quickly be back on the field.

You have to remember that most of the players are not making tens of millions per year. Far too many live well beyond their means in light of the short life of a NFL player. All that being "woke" won't last long once the checks stop and the mortgage is due, the payments on the Phantom, the baby mama wants her check, etc.

The players will quickly learn playing in the NFL is a business and messing up the cash flow over some stupid sh*t is not worth it.

One question. Is the mother of a white player's child a "baby mama"? I think I hear a dog whistle there.

The member ought to know a dog whistle, if I am not mistaken, he is a black man, and I respect his posts.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I bet you they aren't. It may not be many still kneeling but the second one gets suspended or fired over it then there's going to be some solidarity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join