It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

its Kinda sad the Silence and Deflection from the Left about Weinstein

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Nik0laTesla

You may not buy it but it's true.

Kesha recently accused her producer of sexual assault. Her label protected the producer and when she tried to get out of her contract a judge said that she couldn't.

Or what about the accusations made against Casey Affleck? They were pretty much brushed under the carpet. And then years from now when there's finally enough women coming forward to prove he's a sexual deviant people will say, "Well why didn't they say anything sooner?"

Hell look at Jimmy Savile. For decades there were people saying he was a pedophile. But it was continuously covered up until it became too big.

People are speaking out. But when nothing gets done the motivation for more people to speak out disappears. What's the point in accusing your abuser if in the end you're the one who's life is ruined and they get to continue on like nothing happened?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

So what "favor" was trump looking to secure when he donated to the dems?

This has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with individual responsibility for ones own behavior.
Why the # do you guys feel the compulsive need to make this political?
Compulsive....

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It is about the logic that political donations indicate a connection, though, right?

Didn't you just counsel to "follow the money"? LOL.

If you didn't think it through, that's fine, but don't try to blame me for your shortcomings.

Weinstein's donations mean nothing more than Trump's donations; money is money.

Your partisan nonsense is glaring once again.

You'd have a case if Weinstein "spread the wealth" around on both Party's candidates and causes.....do you have proof of that?

H.W. Donations

otherwise, he is a Democratic Party Supporter.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

It is about the logic that political donations indicate a connection, though, right?

If you didn't think it through, that's fine, but don't try to blame me for your shortcomings.

You'd have a case if Weinstein "spread the wealth" around on both Party's candidates and causes.....do you have proof of that?

H.W. Donations

I wonder if republicans have any questionable donors?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Stephen20

The Weinstein story has been leading on all the so-called "liberal media." Scores of celebrities have checked in to condemn him. This is not a political story in any event.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It is never easy but giving in or quitting is the wrong answer. Of course there will be people that try to hide the truth but even if it ruins your career you don't stop banging doors until someone is willing to take it higher.

Unfortunately life in the spot light you almost have to make a plan B in case of these situations. Idk. I'm not a celeb but Hollywood has become so corrupt I don't know why or how the FBI isn't doing a probe into the franchise and how it operates.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

H.W. Donations

I'm sure they do, they would be identified as Republican Party supporters if all of their donations were to only Republicans. Your point?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Roger Ailes was a long time Republican donor, he was caught for the same things as Weinstein. Do his donations and actions speak for the entire Republican party like it is trying to be insinuated here with Weinstein and the Democrats?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

H.W. Donations

I'm sure they do, they would be identified as Republican Party supporters if all of their donations were to only Republicans. Your point?

My point? Rich donors and politicians are usually scum why is this a surprise or partisan?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The same point the OP is trying to make apparently.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

H.W. Donations

I'm pretty sure the point is that sexual predators are scumbags no matter what party they support, that neither party has a monopoly on these idiots, and that no one wants to defend them on either side.
edit on 11-10-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

We just had captain pro life telling a married woman he was having an affair with to have an abortion.

Why are people still squabbling over which scum is better?
edit on 11-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Stephen20

The Weinstein story has been leading on all the so-called "liberal media." Scores of celebrities have checked in to condemn him. This is not a political story in any event.

You are seeing people in the biz and media also covering up for him as well. The uncovered story of Hollywood is that sexual abuse to men, women and children still continues to this day in the "biz". The Music and movie and TV industry leans heavily left in their politics. It is fair to point that political connection out and the hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I wouldn't say that. Like I mentioned before when O'Reilly was fired for sexual misconduct the Right bent over backwards to defend him and attack his accusers.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

We just had captain pro life telling a married woman he was having an affair with to have an abortion.

Why are people still squabbling over which scum is better?

And he was rightfully condemned. Why did NBC quash Ronan Farrow's piece?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Didn't you all know that it is the women's fault for dressing too provocatively???

NO, I didn't say it...

Donna Karan did.
Donna Karan backs Weinstein

Screen capture from video of DKNY founder and fashion designer Donna Karan. (YouTube/Reserve Channel) A top fashion designer appeared to defend Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein in the face of a slew of sexual harassment allegations, suggesting that women allegedly preyed upon by the now-disgraced producer were “asking for it” by dressing provocatively.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

So what ...that doesn't make the dems responsible for his behavior. You seem to be missing that fact. All of you are missing that fact. No one is responsible for his behavior but him.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

So’s Trump.

/shrug

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nik0laTesla

Hollywood is a section of Los Angeles not a franchise.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

H.W. Donations

I'm pretty sure the point is that sexual predators are scumbags no matter what party they support, that neither party has a monopoly on these idiots, and that no one wants to defend them on either side.

Duh. A bunch of people supported Weinstein, lied and looked the other way. Big names who spout hypocrisy while doing nothing. Look at Lorne Michael's giving him a pass, Media killing stories, late night comedy taking forever, Meryl Streep saying "I had no idea" ect. I understand it happens in both Parties. But my God, call the person what they are. Weinstein, among other things, was A pretty big Democratic Donor and supporter.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join