It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

its Kinda sad the Silence and Deflection from the Left about Weinstein

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Where am I defending? I've called him scum and a sexual predator. Because that is what he is. You're the one that's trying to draw away from those facts. You're the one that is trying to make this about his politics when it should just be about the fact that he's a terrible person. How's that for defending?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

What I believe is irrelevant. These ladies have reported systemic abuse that we know exists.

You want to make this a judgement of "Hollywood" go ahead. The same things happen in Washington DC, in Rome at the Vatican, in New York and London financial centers, etc.

Power is power.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Pretty sure no one has said much in their favor since they were exposed for the monsters they are.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
It's all I've heard about since the story broke and Dems are donating his contributions to charity.

Democrats Rushing to Give Weinstein Donations to Charity

....but they we ok with it before even though it seems everyone in Hollywood knew he was sexually abusing young women for decades. That's my whole point.

Now you'll come back with, " I'm sure they didn't know he was a creep " argument. Doesn't speak well of their fundraising due diligence.

And yes, I'm sure Republicans have done as worse and that is just as condemnable. Two wrongs here don't somehow make a right.

link   
The women “let him do it.” Pretty sure that’s the stance of faux outrage Trump supporters. The women are “just trying to get attention”. That’s what the Trumptards say when it’s FOX News or Roger Ailes. People of decency call out indency every time. No one is surprised by this sh*t bag Weinstein. Good riddance but I promise you there are tons more in Hollywood and every industry where a powerful man is the gatekeeper of dream careers.

But take notice how the Left casts him out. Maybe learn something rather than defending sh*t stains like Ailes, O’Reilly, or Trump even past the point of defense.

Trump supporters already loudly established they give 2 sh*ts on matters of sexual harassment and assault against women.

Be consistent, faux outrage Trumptards.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Fallacies of generalization: "the left" and "Hollywood."

Apparently, according to Neo above, everyone knows this is what happens at all levels in the entertainment industry.

You know what they say, "it's not who you know, it's who ya b..w"

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What I believe is irrelevant. These ladies have reported systemic abuse that we know exists.

You want to make this a judgement of "Hollywood" go ahead. The same things happen in Washington DC, in Rome at the Vatican, in New York and London financial centers, etc.

Power is power.

Yes, on that we can agree. You see it everywhere the powerful have control of the powerless.

This should be an epiphany moment, but it won't be. The light was turned on in the room and the roaches will scurry away under cover provided by their power.

Pretty sad.

The only thing we can do is watch who scurries away and who stays in the light for next time.
edit on 11-10-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Pretty sure no one has said much in their favor since they were exposed for the monsters they are.

I think Bill Clinton was paraded onstage when Hillary accepted the Democratic nomination as POTUS candidate.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If this were a right wing stooge they’d be debating for weeks if he should get fired and spending the time disparaging the women.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Jokes have nothing to do with Hollywood. Comedians aren't Hollywood and they joke about much worst than allegations of sexual abuse by a movie producer. MUCH MUCH MUCH worse than that.

To quote Dave Chappelle: "...he rapes, but he saves more than he rapes. But he still rapes." Comedians bring levity to dark subjects. It bothers me when people actively look for outrage instead of humor.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22757626]spiritualzombie[/post

Be consistent, faux outrage Trumptards.

Both parties are full of faux outrage..re JFK doing gangbangs while President or Bill Clinton getting a cigar lit.

They all suck.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The difference being jfk could actually lead and make tax policy that didn't add debt.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
Jokes have nothing to do with Hollywood. Comedians aren't Hollywood and they joke about much worst than allegations of sexual abuse by a movie producer. MUCH MUCH MUCH worse than that.

To quote Dave Chappelle: "...he rapes, but he saves more than he rapes. But he still rapes." Comedians bring levity to dark subjects. It bothers me when people actively look for outrage instead of humor.

If you think that Seth McFarlane isn't Hollywood, you haven't watched TV and movies much. He is an actor, singer, producer and director... that IS Hollywood.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

It's all I've heard about since the story broke and Dems are donating his contributions to charity.

....but they we ok with it before even though it seems everyone in Hollywood knew he was sexually abusing young women for decades. That's my whole point.

Now you'll come back with, " I'm sure they didn't know he was a creep " argument. Doesn't speak well of their fundraising due diligence.

And yes, I'm sure Republicans have done as worse and that is just as condemnable. Two wrongs here don't somehow make a right.

Those who knew (not victims) what he was doing and did nothing or helped him cover it up are disgusting. Due diligence? Roger Ailes was largely responsible for molding both the Republican party and it's voter base into what it is now. It's ridiculous to associate such depravity or the cover up or the turning of a blind eyes with an ideology or a party.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

And Trump was elected president.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The difference being jfk could actually lead and make tax policy that didn't add debt.

So that makes it ok? Wow.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Makes what OK orgies?

If he prayed on women then yes he is scum.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Those who knew (not victims) what he was doing and did nothing or helped him cover it up are disgusting. Due diligence? Roger Ailes was largely responsible for molding both the Republican party and it's voter base into what it is now. It's ridiculous to associate such depravity or the cover up or the turning of a blind eyes with an ideology or a party.

On that we also agree. I'm sure the perverts on both sides of the aisle support one another more than they do their party.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The big difference I see is how many people have come out against Weinstein immediately once the story broke. No one is defending Weinstein at this point. But we all know if this was Trump or any right wing a-hole, you faux outraged Trumptards would be attacking the character of the women and defending the slime to the bitter end... probably even follow him to whatever low-life second tier career he descends to. Total hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Makes what OK orgies?

If he prayed on women then yes he is scum.

That you don't seem to know his history is troubling.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join