It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

its Kinda sad the Silence and Deflection from the Left about Weinstein

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Your post is self-contradictory.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Gryphon66
When are we going to point out that Weinstein, Trump and the rest are privileged members of the systemic sexism and abuse we know as the White Male Patriarchy?

This has nothing to do with political party, obviously. It's power dynamics that we are ALL very aware of

Drop the innocent act.

To put a little twist on your theory, Actor Terry Crews just came out saying he was sexually assaulted by an executive.

Actor Terry Crews: I was sexually assaulted by Hollywood executive.

Why is that a twist?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

When are we going to point out that Weinstein, Trump and the rest are privileged members of the systemic sexism and abuse we know as the White Male Patriarchy?

This has nothing to do with political party, obviously. It's power dynamics that we are ALL very aware of

Drop the innocent act.

To put a little twist on your theory, Actor Terry Crews just came out saying he was sexually assaulted by an executive.

Why is that a twist?

Because the perpetrator is either a woman or a gay man.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
It's all I've heard about since the story broke and Dems are donating his contributions to charity.

Democrats Rushing to Give Weinstein Donations to Charity

SOME and only about 10% of the money.

The left and hollywood knew about him for years and let it slide.

Woody Allen, Roman Polanski?

Bill Cosby got nailed, he was kind of conservative.

Bill Clinton. Weiner.

How far a stretch is the pizzagate thing? lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho. Now that's a political connection if the Clinton one wasn't enough.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Innuendo and rumor are not facts, and they certainly aren't actionable.

But it is a well known fact that hollywood starlets are not made on the screen, but the casting couch.

That is undeniable.

link   
Trump supporters forfeited their say on any matters of decency. They can all pretty much go F themselves. If this was Trump it would all be locker room talk. This is just them finding something to sh*t about. Lol... as if the deplorables give a sh*t at all.

link   

Drop the innocent act.

Why is that a twist?

... and the victim is a member of a minority.

We're talking about power structures here -- intrinsic systemic abuse.

We will also see that younger men and women are targeted ... you shouldn't be surprised.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

But it is a well known fact that hollywood starlets are not made on the screen, but the casting couch.

That is undeniable.

Not a matter of partisan politics then?

Fair enough. It's a matter of power and the abuse of power and people.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: pavil

But why does it matter which political party he donated to when it has no bearing on what he did? I'm sure he's also given a lot of money to different charities. Why don't you feel the need to mention he was a donor to them as well?

What party is the so called champion of women?

It's fair game to point out that a significant donor and bundler of donations to the DNC, sexually abused women. ...and you can't see the hypocrisy? I know you don't like that.

Just stop trying to even slightly defend. He's a Level one creep.....and he happens to be a big Democratic Supporter, at least monetarily. You have to deal with that. So far your attempts at dealing with it sound like the Afflecks.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Drop the innocent act.

Why is that a twist?

We will also see that younger men and women are targeted ... you shouldn't be surprised.

That sounds like a load of tripe, but it could be that I’m not up to date on my gender feminist theory.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It isnt about the right or left being silent...

It is about his bosses being silent is what is a concern. I get the feeling Hollywood, being a place of sexual corruption to begin with, holding their tongues like they are whistling past the graveyard.

I would wager Weinstien is just the very tip of the iceburg with these kinds of matters. No left or right need apply.

link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Fallacies of generalization: "the left" and "Hollywood."

Apparently, according to Neo above, everyone knows this is what happens at all levels in the entertainment industry.

link   

Not a matter of partisan politics then?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sure is a matter of politics.

Had Weinstein not done this.

Had Trump haters and Republicans haters not run around and point the finger at someone else.

It wouldn't be.

The Left is getting a taste of their own medicine, and theres been nothing but crickets and deflection.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Drop the innocent act.

Why is that a twist?

That sounds like a load of tripe, but it could be that I’m not up to date on my gender feminist theory.

Doesn't have anything to do with "gender feminist theory" ... Neo stated it simplistically above.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Lol every time I read one of your posts it's always so glum. You're that unique glass is completely empty kinda guy aren't you.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Your post is self-contradictory.

I did that just for you.

Do we believe the women coming forward?

Or not?

Was it rumor and innuendo before and now it isn't?

Do all the public references to Weinstein in the past have no basis?

And people made jokes about it... that tells us a lot about Hollywood.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Did I say anything like "no one should have believed these ladies"?

Nope.

These jokes are evidence of a reputation, apparently earned.

You said that it was just rumor and innuendo.

Believe it or not, it still is just that.

Do you have any proof that he has done any of these things? Other than just some women's claims.

Suddenly, it is a story, just because of public claims.

These people that were accepting his campaign money knew exactly what he was, and they took his dirty money.

Yeah, hush money.

He probably wrote it off on his taxes, which is illegal.

Can't deduct hush money as a biz expense.

lol.

He is kinda creepy, I watched him accepting an award or presenting one. ewww.

oops! read it wrong.
sorry!
edit on 10 11 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
It isnt about the right or left being silent...

It is about his bosses being silent is what is a concern. I get the feeling Hollywood, being a place of sexual corruption to begin with, holding their tongues like they are whistling past the graveyard.

I would wager Weinstien is just the very tip of the iceburg with these kinds of matters. No left or right need apply.

By judging ceo's, politicians, kings, and positions of power you can see its hard holywood.

Holywood may provide a desperate starving artist pool buy it's generally positions of power.

link   
a reply to: neo96

First of all "the left" is a meaningless generalization; I'm going to keep repeating that until you get it.

You just said above that all female entertainers get their status by performing sexual favors. Although expressed in your typical back-assward, sexist way, you're clearly stating that Weinstein is a member of a privileged class, that is found not only in "Hollywood" but "Washington DC" and any other power center you care to mention .... like "the Church" etc.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot rhetorically Neo ... you were doing well for once.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join