It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit firefighter fired for bringing watermelon to station

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
This kind of thing just further confirms for me that I am not part of that species.

Not everyone is a fruitcake.

Wait can I say that?

You had better not say "nuttier than a fruitcake" then. That will piss people off no matter their genetic origin(s) because of the crazy person microaggression (as everyone is crazy) AND a non-specific description of the actual nuts and fruits used would convey a microaggression against all people because no matter where people come from nuts & fruits originate there while everyone likes nuts or fruits).

edit on 10-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No. Property insurance companies can not exclude certain Michigan zip codes from coverage. But they can raise premiums really high in certain areas, to compensate for the higher risk, and (off the record) to deter people from buying it.

If ObamaCare were to get its hooks into Property/Home insurance, Detroit homes would be insured for the same price as a comparable home in Oakland county Michigan, and taxpayers would pay 75% of the homeowner's insurance cost.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Oh thank God he didn't bring bananas. He might not have made it out of there alive.

I wonder if they would've gotten off on self-defense.

I mean an Asian guy with a bunch of bananas in a firehouse can only mean one thing right?

edit on 11-10-2017 by Bone75 because: where's Db when you need him? lol

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If the companies to do business elsewhere in the state have to cover any request from Detroit then the sate residents (Michiganders) with their huge state tax rate already are paying for that pitfall, expecting that insurers adjust that across the rest of the portfolio.

And its not like the City of Detroit is the only cesspool across the state. But Detroit is where the industrialists like Henry Ford (Ford) & William Durant (GM) literally drew the map of of that whole region. And that design, that schematic of social control was a big part of what caused its eventual collapse (including it influenced the 100 years of racism).

edit on 10-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Local IAFF/AARF 1038 HERE... my response is simple.

What a load of BULLSH!T !!!

Probationary recruites must sign into a union contract. Even newbies can't just be fired unless they commit a severe crime. It's not like he brought fried chicken with kool aid. The union representative would/should have implemented a sensitivity class ( even though the kid did nothing wrong ). This chum was fired? Wow😞

I've been called Cracker, Hitler, Che.... all by my African-American co workers. You know what happens......
We hang out and tell jokes playing poker..

We bring food to the station all the time. Meats and greens, or someone gets stuck on HARD BOILED EGG DUTY. We try to kill each other with gas.

Damn shame kids are trying to take the fun out of a 24hr shift.

edit on 10-10-2017 by Bigburgh because: Ho hum

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

The union representative would implement a sensitivity class.

Are you fracking kidding me? I honestly didn't believe that was a real thing.

edit on 10-10-2017 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

The union representative would implement a sensitivity class.

It wasnt until recently I knew what that really meant. Then someone named its inventor, one Jane Elliott, last week and woah!

Jane Elliot's Racist Diversity Training Now Being Used to Abuse 7-Year-Olds
Elliot’s technique was to emotionally abuse students in ways reminiscent of fringe cults and Soviet self-criticism sessions which break down an individual’s sense of identity by publicly attacking her sense of self.

Elliot’s infamous "Blue Eyes/Brown Eyes" technique involved separating people with blue eyes and emotionally abusing them to "cure" them of their racism. What "Blue Eyes/Brown Eyes" lacked in effectiveness, it more than made up for in malice. Jane Elliot’s racist child abuse was embraced by leftists and eventually became the keystone of diversity training.

In session after session, diversity trainers following in Elliot’s violently hateful footsteps singled out blond and blue-eyed women for abuse in public

In Blue Eyed, masochistic adults accept Elliott’s two-and-a-half-hour exercise in sadism (reduced to 90 minutes of film), designed to make white people understand what it is to be "a person of color" in America. To achieve this, she divides her group into stupid, lazy, shiftless, incompetent, and psychologically brutalized "blue eyes," on the one hand, and clever and empowered "brown eyes," on the other. Some of the sadism is central to the "game," but much is gratuitous, and it continues after the exercise has ended.

People call the exercise cruel, Elliott explains, but "I’m only doing this for one day to little white children. Society does this to children of color every day."

The facilitators’ guide and publicity for Blue Eyed states things honestly: Elliott "does not intellectualize highly emotionally charged or challenging topics…she uses participants’ own emotions to make them feel discomfort, guilt, shame, embarrassment, and humiliation." Facilitators are urged to use the raw emotions of Blue Eyed (blueys do cry a lot) to tap the reactions of the viewers.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well, I guess they need to stop serving watermelon on Salad bars at restaurant, it is a racial thing. Maybe they should not sell watermelons in stores either, that would be the ultimate racist practice.

Are people going nuts, watermelon is a good food, it contains a bunch of a good phosphorous compound and also some good chemistry to help stimulate repair in our bodies next to the rind.

I guess the people running the fire department think Donuts are better for people. I would take the watermelon anyday, and I am not even black. The majority of people in this country like watermelon, so how can that be a racist thing?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Swear to god..
Had a guy with a Nasty a$$ temper get a write up and mandatory therapist visit to maintain his status of employment.
That guy is a true racist, and wished he would have gotten a Soap in a Sock beating with "Out the Door" paperwork. He's still employed. 😕
edit on 10-10-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He was the only white fighter out of the team of black fire fighters.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The majority of people in this country like watermelon, so how can that be a racist thing?

The Detroit fire dept should be able to explain it.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

In other news a whitehouse cook was fired for being racist after bringing in a pumpkin .

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

There was a time this didn't happen. However it's very so in the last 16 years by my eyes.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

What are you saying?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I'm pretty sure he's Asian with white testicles.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: mysterioustranger

What are you saying?

Reverse Affirmative action?

Lol! NM.. i like Bone75's answer the best.😆
edit on 10-10-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

If this thing goes to court, and I can't see how it wouldn't, it is going to show the ugly side of this SJW PC bullpit.

This guy is basically unemployable, and is a target for being a racist watermelon gift giver.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

How long before NOT bringing a watermelon is considered racist?

"Oh what? You think just because we're black that we're going to get upset over a watermelon?"

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

If it goes to court. Depending if Detroit adopted the IAFF in it's entirety (and they should have).

It will be settled and dropped. The new hire should win. ( but stranger agendas have happened )

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
We sure could use this man in CA right now and bring the watermelon.....our firefighters are overwhelmed and working their ass's off right now.....

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join